Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

And before I forget I still like the Nug's stuff.
    Stranglehold-Classic!

Comment

• Rebel
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
      Ive been to one in Ontario and it isn't pretty, you're right. But the point is, Does he HAVE to kill it for food or is it sport? Answer is, he is rich and killing living creatures for the fuck of it. You dont find it a bit twisted? Just the fact that we kill Deer, Moose and Bear is sad, because everyone knows that a hamburger or T Bone from a cow is 10x better. IMO. Pig or Moose? lol Pass me the bacon. Killing is killing, but we lost our guidance of ration a bit. We eat, and survive off of vegetables and fish. Thats it. That is all that is necassary to live. Beyond that, its a sport and thrill or its a gorge on tastey hams & greasy chickens. We need some sort of boundry for what is humane and what is not. Because if everyone had a gun and followed no boundries; we'd have more problems than running out of game to eat.

LOL That was the thought of the day.
      No, I don't find it twisted at all. I just don't understand how people can condone lining cows up in a processing line and blowing their head off with a bolt gun, or eat chicken considering the processing plant they go through. But yet, if a man (or woman) goes in the woods, hunts a wild animal and brings it home to feed their family, they are considered inhumane.

If we are going on your line of thought, that would could survive without it (which you are correct, we could), I'd say shut down the commercialization of it and make it where if you want a fish, go catch it. If you want a steak, go hunt a deer or round up a cow off of your ranch.
      The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YankeeRose
        Just because he can afford to buy the best doesn't mean he has to. I'm not saying the man's perfect, but I will defend his right to hunt for food to feed his family. Why should he be lazy and just buy it when he enjoys all the fresh air, exercise, and the satisfaction of seeing his family consuming a meal he provided for them. People can defend themselves, which makes them predictable. Animals are completely unpredictable, making them a much harder target. One must work harder to outwit an animal, therefore, the victory means more simply by virtue of having had to earn it. As for the "high-tech weaponry"...almost all of the time, THE NUGE hunts with a bow and arrow.
        I love you PanaMark, you know that, but I disagree with you on this one. The fact that he's rich is besides the point...Things that you earn mean more than things that you just buy. It's a spoiled and somewhat lazy point of view that dictates buying instead of earning.
        G'day Rose,

I totally respect the hunters who do so out of necessity. At least the creature died for a reason.

"THE NUGE" can afford as much dead animal as he wants. Why does he have to create more ?? If "THE NUGE" was a peniless hunter whose existance relied on hunting, I would respect "THE NUGE".

It makes me sick justifying this as sport. It doesnt take us long to
        learn how a particular animal runs and hides. Our superior
        intellect gives us that power to figure shit like that out, very
        quickly. Totally unfair advantage, its not sport, its murder.

I used to hunt. It sickens me now. If you can buy an already killed
        animal, why kill another ??

I respect the comments that "THE NUGE" only ever uses a bow
        and arrow. That gives me hope that some of these innocent
        creatures may survive. Hopefully even those where he misses the
        "kill zone" and just leaves maimed to struggle in the wilderness..

You wanna shoot arrows, theres plenty of non living targets.
        There is no way to justify this.
        Unless there is a genuine need for the hunters survival.

I have said in almost every response in this thread that I respect
        the genuine hunter. Im glad to see the majority of us agree on this.
        Killing anything for no reason is evil.

Jusify that !

And yes I respect your opinion too
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by moose
          This is war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          First and foremost BT yer a hypocrite, guess fishing is a lot better than shooting a Moose/Bear/Deer/ Turkey? And waht was that you said about MOOSE steaks a while ago?
          This coming from a guy who lives in a town where 90% of the people hunt and fish.
          First let me start off by saying that I used to like The Whackmaster, until I found out that he is a friend of spams and that he plays/opens up for the wabo.........
          Nuff said. Now to the topic at hand.
          The Nug does not KILL for sport. Everything he HARVESTS is used and I mean everything. He is outspoken about his love for the hunt and promotes it as best as he can do you honestly think that he would do anything wrong or unorthodox? No he won't he is too smart of a man.
          I am the same way. You see if I don't eat it, guess what you fuckin misinformed assholes, I DON"T KILL IT(bow/rifle) only 1% of the hunting community are BEERDRINKING POACHERS
          I've been hunting for 20yrs, and to this day I respect wildlife the same way I did when I was a kid growing up. I have also passed this tradition on to my kids the same way my Dad did to me.
          I spend countless hours in the bush HELPING wildlife(putting out feed in the winter, cutting trees for new growth, cleaning streams and river beds and the list goes on).
          What do you fuckin assholes do when ti comes time to helping wildlife....I'll tell you NOTHING.
          You sit behind computers bitching and complaining about us MEN AND WOMEN who KILL, etc etc.
          So until you actually help out with the conservation end of things shut yer FUCKIN TRAPS before I let loose a TEKAN Mechanical into your fat rumps.
          Oh and buy the way WILD MEAT is a lot better than that hormone/steriod/growth agent crap you call meat!!!!!!!!
          Tools!
          Hey fish, but I also toss them back. Ive eaten most wild game through someone who has shot them themselves and ended up with extra. Ive never shot a thing. EVER. My fav. fish is Rainbow Trout. Know where a good spot is? Sobey's. They keep it on ice next to the lobster.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• moose
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
            Hey fish, but I also toss them back. Ive eaten most wild game through someone who has shot them themselves and ended up with extra. Ive never shot a thing. EVER. My fav. fish is Rainbow Trout. Know where a good spot is? Sobey's. They keep it on ice next to the lobster.
            Guess you don't know about that sweet little spot off of Gramp's road
            for Brookies?

Comment

• Rebel
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
              If you can buy an already killed animal, why kill another ??
              I just can't understand this, so let me try to get this straight. If it went through the line, is packaged up and available at you local supermarket, it's OK to eat a dead animal. But to kill one to eat isn't? I don't think either one of them is necessarily wrong, but if had had to pick one, the prior seems very inhumane.

It makes me sick justifying this as sport. It doesnt take us long to learn how a particular animal runs and hides.
              True, that what makes them easy to herd into the plants, but since they are already dead when the y get to you, it's OK, apparently. At least they have a fighting chance in the wild.

Ever eat veal? I haven't. I'll be damned if I'm gonna eat from an animal that was raised literally in a box just to keep the meat tender and slaughtered in a processing plant, but again, it's dead when it gets to you, so it's OK?

Killing anything for no reason is evil.
              I agree, I guess we have different perspectives on what a reason is though.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

You have totally misunderstood me. Sure the food we buy from the supermarket is killed animal. But why kill another, if this is already available, and affordable ?

Do you see my point ?

"True, that what makes them easy to herd into the plants, but since they are already dead when the y get to you, it's OK, apparently. At least they have a fighting chance in the wild. "

I dont fully understand what you are saying here. Man has eaten
                animals forever, I dont deny that. I also respect genuine hunters
                in need. (again, I say this)

*BUT* why the need to go out and kill, if you dont have to ?
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• lms2

I have been reading this thread for a while now. I had wisely decided to keep my opinions to myself, but I am such a sharing person. I gotta post.

Processed Beef vs. Wild Game

An animal, such as a cow, that is raised for food is no less of an animal than a deer, or any other wild game animal. It is at a big disadvantage in the killing scheme of things though.

Wild Game. In the wild, an animal develops its instincts, and has a fighting chance. The life of a wild animal is spent in freedom. The animal has the opportunity to come and go as it pleases, to find a mate, to raise offspring. All things are born and all things die. The threat to animals in the wild is so small that if it were not for hunters, these animals would become overpopulated, and they begin starving to death, and wreaking havoc on residential areas. Hunting is a regulated sport. There is a hunting season, a limit on how many animals you can kill, and the manner in which you can kill them. Hunters...the good ones... buy licenses, and that money is used to support the wild life programs set out to help these animals. Of course there are bad hunters as well. Some people abuse the rights and privileges that good hunters follow. They are the exception and not the rule. They are not respected by the "hunting community" but seen as the low lifes they are. If and when they are caught, they are punished by law.

When a man hunts an animal, he respects thats animal. When a man takes a life, he respects that life. Death is not pretty, but it is a fact of life. All creatures will die. When a man eats a steak, killed and cleaned by his own hand, he remembers that life and respects that life.

Comment

• lms2

Domesticated Animals.

When an animal is raised by humans, for human consumption. It has no life. It eats what it is given to eat, breeds, when man wants it to breed. But it is still an animal. It has a brain, and can think. It can feel pain. Where is the joy for this animal in life.

When a domesticated animal reaches maturity, it is loaded onto a truck, with only enough room for that animal to stand, and is shipped for many miles to slaughter house. There is loaded into a holding pen to await death. While waiting it can hear the terrified cries of his brothers, and smell the blood and death in the air.

When that animals time comes, it is expected to walk meekly, single file, to its death. Not all animals do this and some are beaten into compliance. The first stage of death for these animals is that they receive a shock to the brain. This not to kill, but to stun, so it can be strung up easily. The animal is left alive for the bleeding process. If the animal is accidently killed before being bleed, it affects the quality of the meat. The animal is then split wide open and it bleeds to death. While it is bleeding to death, it undergoes a series of electrical shocks to "tenderize" the meat. The first occuring before death.

After that point it is touched by hundreds of human hands. Government regulates the quality of meat... how many hairs, or other "contaminants" do you think are considered accepteble per pound of meat? The meat is processed by people. People who sneeze on it, who use the restroom and don't wash their hands, who suffer from disease....

Then it is packaged, by more of these same people, and ends up on the grocers shelf. There it is purchased and consumed by people who give no more thought to their meal than how much it cost per pound, or whether or not it is well prepared. No thought is given to the life that was lost.

One further note. The "stunners" and the "bleeders" in the packing plants are rotated out at a minimum of every six months. Do you know how many animals they kill in that time? They are not rotated out because they get bored with it. They are rotated out because they become immune to it. They start to crave it. Killing, every few seconds, eight hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, really fucks with your head. Thats why they are rotated out.

Enjoy your steaks and burgers peoples.

I am not a hunter. I do not like to kill, nor do I like the taste of wild game. But I respect the rights of those who do. IMO, it really is the lesser of the two evils.

Comment

• moose
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                      I have been reading this thread for a while now. I had wisely decided to keep my opinions to myself, but I am such a sharing person. I gotta post.

Processed Beef vs. Wild Game

An animal, such as a cow, that is raised for food is no less of an animal than a deer, or any other wild game animal. It is at a big disadvantage in the killing scheme of things though.

Wild Game. In the wild, an animal develops its instincts, and has a fighting chance. The life of a wild animal is spent in freedom. The animal has the opportunity to come and go as it pleases, to find a mate, to raise offspring. All things are born and all things die. The threat to animals in the wild is so small that if it were not for hunters, these animals would become overpopulated, and they begin starving to death, and wreaking havoc on residential areas. Hunting is a regulated sport. There is a hunting season, a limit on how many animals you can kill, and the manner in which you can kill them. Hunters...the good ones... buy licenses, and that money is used to support the wild life programs set out to help these animals. Of course there are bad hunters as well. Some people abuse the rights and privileges that good hunters follow. They are the exception and not the rule. They are not respected by the "hunting community" but seen as the low lifes they are. If and when they are caught, they are punished by law.

When a man hunts an animal, he respects thats animal. When a man takes a life, he respects that life. Death is not pretty, but it is a fact of life. All creatures will die. When a man eats a steak, killed and cleaned by his own hand, he remembers that life and respects that life.
                      You my dear get a vote from me!

Comment

• lms2

thank you, heres one back at you.

Comment

• Rebel
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                          Then it is packaged, by more of these same people, and ends up on the grocers shelf. There it is purchased and consumed by people who give no more thought to their meal than how much it cost per pound, or whether or not it is well prepared. No thought is given to the life that was lost.
                          Awesome posts, my thoughts exactly, you conveyed that so well. Hunters respect the animal, the life of it. While I don't think having ranches for raising cattle for processing is morally wrong, I don't see how people who can buy their meat at a supermarket can point their finger at the hunters of the world.

You got my vote as well dude, great posts.

Comment

• Rebel
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            [B] You have totally misunderstood me. Sure the food we buy from the supermarket is killed animal. But why kill another, if this is already available, and affordable ?

Do you see my point ?
                            I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

"True, that what makes them easy to herd into the plants, but since they are already dead when the y get to you, it's OK, apparently. At least they have a fighting chance in the wild. "

I dont fully understand what you are saying here. Man has eaten
                            animals forever, I dont deny that. I also respect genuine hunters
                            in need. (again, I say this)

*BUT* why the need to go out and kill, if you dont have to ?
                            I don't think I was clear on my point.

What I was saying was, you were questioning their intelligence. That we are smarter than them, we can find them in the wild, know where they hide, where they run, etc. That's all very true, but we also use our intelligence to build fences, raise them, and kill them (as lsm2 described in his post). We are more intelligent, no doubt about it. But which is more humane? Herding them to a kill, or going into their wild, their territory, on a hunt? To me, it's not even debatable, but everybody has their own opinions on this.

Comment

• lms2

And one for you as well, Rebel.

Another way of looking at the difference in the killing of either animal, wild or domesticated, is that domesticated rely on humans for existence. In that way, they come to know and trust us. Then we turn around and kill them. Stab in the f**cking back or what? At least animals in the wild no they can't trust us.

Comment

• fanofdave
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

ted still rocks the house. as for ted's hunting, i'm reminded
                                of a question asked of him in a michigan newspaper once:
                                "ted, what do you consider an endangered species?"

he replied, " anything within 30 yards of my bow and arrow..."

it all tastes like chicken, so shoot it and eat it, baby.

Comment

Working...