lms2
    thank you, heres one back at you.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lms2
    Then it is packaged, by more of these same people, and ends up on the grocers shelf. There it is purchased and consumed by people who give no more thought to their meal than how much it cost per pound, or whether or not it is well prepared. No thought is given to the life that was lost.
    Awesome posts, my thoughts exactly, you conveyed that so well. Hunters respect the animal, the life of it. While I don't think having ranches for raising cattle for processing is morally wrong, I don't see how people who can buy their meat at a supermarket can point their finger at the hunters of the world.

You got my vote as well dude, great posts.
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Panamark
    [B] You have totally misunderstood me. Sure the food we buy from the supermarket is killed animal. But why kill another, if this is already available, and affordable ?

Do you see my point ?
    I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

"True, that what makes them easy to herd into the plants, but since they are already dead when the y get to you, it's OK, apparently. At least they have a fighting chance in the wild. "

I dont fully understand what you are saying here. Man has eaten
    animals forever, I dont deny that. I also respect genuine hunters
    in need. (again, I say this)

*BUT* why the need to go out and kill, if you dont have to ?
    I don't think I was clear on my point.

What I was saying was, you were questioning their intelligence. That we are smarter than them, we can find them in the wild, know where they hide, where they run, etc. That's all very true, but we also use our intelligence to build fences, raise them, and kill them (as lsm2 described in his post). We are more intelligent, no doubt about it. But which is more humane? Herding them to a kill, or going into their wild, their territory, on a hunt? To me, it's not even debatable, but everybody has their own opinions on this.

lms2
    And one for you as well, Rebel.

Another way of looking at the difference in the killing of either animal, wild or domesticated, is that domesticated rely on humans for existence. In that way, they come to know and trust us. Then we turn around and kill them. Stab in the f**cking back or what? At least animals in the wild no they can't trust us.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ted still rocks the house. as for ted's hunting, i'm reminded
    of a question asked of him in a michigan newspaper once:
    "ted, what do you consider an endangered species?"

he replied, " anything within 30 yards of my bow and arrow..."

it all tastes like chicken, so shoot it and eat it, baby.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    I think if the hunter respected the animal THAT much, he'd toss the animal a rifle and make it fair game. Its easy to say that killing wild game is "fair game" because they have instincts to rely on, and man respects animal for this. Thats horseshit. Bottom line, food is available via processing, and cost effective for EVERYONE to buy at the supermarket and the only reason people pick up a gun and head into the bush is to KILL for the thrill. I think Man vs Man would be fun though. Leave the animals alone, and let them watch on the sidelines as hunters take out each other with 22's and arrows. Awe come on guys...Its just a sport. And hey, while one hunter aims his scope at another hunters head, Im sure he will have nothing but "respect" for him.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

lms2
    Come on down to the states for a visit. Happens all the time. Thats why america is loosing their kids to gang violence. Their a certain amount of respect among gangs and they hunt each other.

I respect your opinion on not killing animals, but attribute it to the fact that we live in different areas. Here, deer are out on the roadway causing accidents all the time as they wonder into residential areas to to search for food. They mate and reproduce like crazy, and we don't have enough open land for them to survive. If not hunted, they will starve.

There is also a BIG difference in hunting, and poaching.

Anyways, its nice to know you are a big softie at heart.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Come on down to the states for a visit. Happens all the time. Thats why america is loosing their kids to gang violence. Their a certain amount of respect among gangs and they hunt each other.

I respect your opinion on not killing animals, but attribute it to the fact that we live in different areas. Here, deer are out on the roadway causing accidents all the time as they wonder into residential areas to to search for food. They mate and reproduce like crazy, and we don't have enough open land for them to survive. If not hunted, they will starve.

There is also a BIG difference in hunting, and poaching.

Anyways, its nice to know you are a big softie at heart.

Im such a sweetheart.... I just cant condone killing animals. (but I do understand that something can be reached mutually that would benefit both sides)

lms2
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    (but I do understand that something can be reached mutually that would benefit both sides)
    such as?

And by the way, I am not a hunter or the hunted either...I am a way big softie. I just don't feel like it is my place to criticize other people who do hunt. For a lot of families it is tradition and way of life.

Run Bambi, run.

YankeeRose
    Why is it okay to slaughter animals like the Germans slaughtered the Jews, but it is morally wrong, but only if you're rich, to kill to feed your family?

lms2
    Good Point YankeeRose. What does money have to do with it?

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think if the hunter respected the animal THAT much, he'd toss the animal a rifle and make it fair game. Its easy to say that killing wild game is "fair game" because they have instincts to rely on, and man respects animal for this. Thats horseshit. Bottom line, food is available via processing, and cost effective for EVERYONE to buy at the supermarket and the only reason people pick up a gun and head into the bush is to KILL for the thrill. I think Man vs Man would be fun though. Leave the animals alone, and let them watch on the sidelines as hunters take out each other with 22's and arrows. Awe come on guys...Its just a sport. And hey, while one hunter aims his scope at another hunters head, Im sure he will have nothing but "respect" for him.
    Tool of the day! LOL

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish? BS. You are a hypocrite! Like I said earlier get off your fat ass and come to my camp when it's -40 and help take out MUCH NEEDED winter feed to the wildlife in the bush, or maybe help clean some stream beds in spring time, when the bugs are out in full force, yer a fuckin tree hugger with no trees around you.
    Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing.....I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others! Oh ya yer still "Tool of the day" LOL

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by YankeeRose
    Why is it okay to slaughter animals like the Germans slaughtered the Jews, but it is morally wrong, but only if you're rich, to kill to feed your family?
    Because you have no need to kill.

You have the means to buy food.

Really, is it that difficult to understand ???
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rebel
    I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

I don't think I was clear on my point.

What I was saying was, you were questioning their intelligence. That we are smarter than them, we can find them in the wild, know where they hide, where they run, etc. That's all very true, but we also use our intelligence to build fences, raise them, and kill them (as lsm2 described in his post). We are more intelligent, no doubt about it. But which is more humane? Herding them to a kill, or going into their wild, their territory, on a hunt? To me, it's not even debatable, but everybody has their own opinions on this.
    I dont find either particularly humane. But slaughtering farm animals is something that happens regardlesss, whether it less humane or not. This provides food prepackaged at your supermarket.

If you can afford to buy this, why waste even more life ?

(Regardless of which method is more or less humane)

Look, Im getting sick of this debate, I used to hunt, I used to
    kill animals, one day all of a sudden (like a lightning bolt from god)
    I felt it was totally wrong. I regret the murder of every innocent
    animal I killed. Yet I dont deny the hunter/farmer who hunts out
    of real necessity. I understand and respect it.

"THE NUGE" repulses me as much as the English Royal Family with
    their Fox hunts. Rich people killing animals for no legitimate reason.
    Hey if Im wrong about feeling this way, Im fucking proud to be wrong..

And I dont harbour bad feelings towards the normal folk out there
    that have to hunt. I totally understand this.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like I said earlier, put your money where your mouth's are, Panamark and BT. Until you tree huggers actually do somethin for the wildlife/ natural resources, shut your big TRAPS. Yada Yada Yada, that's all you do, not once do people like yourselves invest any quality time in the great outdoors assisting organizations in cleaning up the pollution that WE as a global population have created. I along with millions of other HUNTERS belong to numerous wildlife organizations and spend lots of money in pursuit of our quarry and for the better of our land.
    Just a quick fact for you turds, there is more wildlife today than there was when our forefathers came to this great land, whitetail deer are nearing 25 million from a dismal 200k back in 1920,
    Elk are close to 1.5 million from a ghastly 50k back in 1935
    Wild Turkey from near extinction in the 30's and only 2 states that allowed turkey hunting to nearly 50 states with a turkey huntin season and close to 5+ million birds, and here in Canada from 54 birds released in 84' to nearly 60000 today. And this is all in the face of human encroachment and the raping of the land.
    I can go on for hours with facts and figures but you tree huggers don't give a shit(even though you pretend to)
    Who do we thank for these ASTOUNDING #'s, well let me see
    Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation(member for 15yrs) Hey BT where were you when we released these magnificent creatures in the Burwash(close to your home) when it was -46 below, I know in your home in a warm bed. Oh and guess what I've never hunted Elk but still I support them...........shit guess i'm just a senseless killer
    Boone and Crockett Club..................first hunting organization, first to save wildspaces and turn them into National Parks, first to enforce rules and regulations and set hunting seasons and founded by Presedint Franklin Delano Rosevelt.(Associate Member)
    Safari Club International..... These organization was the one that helped assist all African Countries with the assault on POACHING(this my dear friends is where the big money is, these guys can afford to pay $60000 for one license to hunt any of the big 5......elephant, Cape buffalo, lion, Rhino, Leopard and spend $500-$1000 dollars a day for guiding and also pay trophy fees for the animals that they harvest that are pretty near what some of us make annually) and where does this money go..............back into the resources fighting poachers and the trade in illegal wildlife parts. Never been to Africa don't think I'll ever go(I can afford it) but shit I'm still am a Associate Member
    Ruffed Grouse Society, National Wild Turkey Federation, the lists go on and on.
    So next time you meet a hunter, who hunts with bow or rifle say thanx because if it wasn't for us you or your kids would never see any wildlife anywherre.
    So please until you can actually say to me that you are doing something positive to help our WILDLIFE and our resources...........

Read my "Now Playing"
    Last edited by moose; 08-29-2004 at 11:53 AM.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Panamark

"THE NUGE" can afford as much dead animal as he wants. Why does he have to create more ??

Yes, Ted can afford whatever the hell he wants to eat, but he has true ethics and respect for balance of nature. He is also the most respected conservationist I personally know.
    Do you even know the difference between a conservationist and a common hunter? Probably not, not that it's your fault, but a hunter kills simply for the sport. Maybe he takes a trophy. Maybe he eats the kill. Maybe he even does both. However, these things are just fringe benefits. A conservationist may take trophies, but always consumes the kill. Not only does a conservationist kill, they also spend many mornings logging herd/flock/pack/ numbers in order to preserve balance, while misguided tree hugger PETA college types are sleeping off hangovers. And when these numbers are low they report to the proper authorities. They also personally plant trees and other vegitation, clean wetlands/streams/lakes/ponds/etc., and recycle.

I can assure you personally that Ted does all that and more on a consistant basis.
    He will not eat chicken from any commercial farm. Do you?
    He will not eat veal. Would you?
    He planted over 11,000 trees last year alone. How many have you planted?
    He and his various groups donate tons, yes tons, of clean, steriod free, non tortured food to the homeless every year. How much have you donated?
    Ted takes cloth sacks to the grocery instead of the paper/plastic ones that most people throw into land fills. How about you?
    Ted has confronted and stopped poachers in the act. Would you stand up to another man/men with guns?
    I could go on and on for another 5,000 words and not cover it all.
    Let's just say,unless you've talked to the man you are talking out your ass when you make the kind of assumptions that have been made on this thead.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As far as guitar playing is concerned, he is very well versed in theory and can sit in on just about any song with anybody at any time. Hell, he has been playing guitar for over forty years. Granted, he's not the flashiest lead player by a long shot, but then again, many of those kind of players know how to make fireworks, but can't play with any real feeling.
    He throws a punch.
    He swings. I duck.
    His fat ass falls...
    Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by moose
    How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish? BS. You are a hypocrite! Like I said earlier get off your fat ass and come to my camp when it's -40 and help take out MUCH NEEDED winter feed to the wildlife in the bush, or maybe help clean some stream beds in spring time, when the bugs are out in full force, yer a fuckin tree hugger with no trees around you.
    Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing.....I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others! Oh ya yer still "Tool of the day" LOL
    Awe, you dont wanna push my buttons Moose. We'd be playing this game for along time. #1 Dont call me names. I haven't called you any names. (tool?) #2 I am not even close to what you call a "tree hugger". In fact Im not sure what the REAL definition is, so what the Hell, maybe I am??? I like trees. Without them I wouldn't be able to breath. And neither would you..So maybe I wont like them anymore. lol #3 "How about you getting rid of your fishing rod? What catch and release doesn't kill fish?" This year Ive caught AND released Northern Pike, Bass, Yellow Perch a few Muskie from Diver- In the same breath I can tell you Ive eaten many Speckels and Rainbow, tons of Big Macs, lots of KFC and enjoyed many chops and beef eater steaks on the BBQ. Im not trying to "hug a tree", nor am I riding the fence on any serious issue. (in fact, I didn't take any of this shit serious- apparently just you. #4 How does "Do us a favour, stop eating meat, fish, wearing leather, using paper/wood products, putting gas in your car when you have to go fishing..." have to do with bringing a gun into the bush, drinking beer, wearing silly orange colours, blowing into animal noise flutes and shooting a "defensless yet instinctive" Deer have to do with anything you mentioned? Seriously. Im not a vegetarian and Im not a tree hugger. Im empathetic to those that feed their families based on hunting maturely for food and or clothing, yet I DO condemn those that hunt for the thrill and have no need for the food or clothing. If you are offended by that, then you "sir" are the latter.

and um, "I can go on forever BT. Think about what you do before you critisize others!" Please don't go on forever- my ears started bleeding when you said "How about...." And you, again, misunderstood what my point was. (you are the only one I believe?) I wasn't critising anyone, except those that kill for the thrill. Can you guess who the "tool" is now?

BT No not just "Better Than", it's Big Troubles.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    such as?

And by the way, I am not a hunter or the hunted either...I am a way big softie. I just don't feel like it is my place to criticize other people who do hunt. For a lot of families it is tradition and way of life.

Run Bambi, run.
    Not sure. Im not high on ideas for a mutual understanding, just the original idea, that Im sure something is better than a Governed law of animal killing. Whether its cows and chickens for mass slaughter or just Moose on a saturday night when he's fighting off his "black Flies in -40 degree weather". And AGAIN, Im not critisizing anyone for hunting, just killing animals for no purpose. Tradition and way of life is perfect, but there are those that use that as an excuse. Come to Canada and watch the Natives net an entire lake wanting Pickeral, getting all they can and leave the Pike and Perch on the shores to die. Thats apparently their way of life too. Sad part is, what they do is legal.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BT, BT, BT, before I start sounding like you, a broken record, you still did not answer my ? which was "what do you do to help our natural resources and wildlife?"
    When you comment on one of my posts read it before you make yourself look like an ass " moose fighting off black flies on a Saturday night in -40 degree weather" where did you get that from?
    I thought that you of all people would be more intelligent and actually read into and between the lines but I guess I was wrong.
    When I said to stop eating meat, wearing leather..........I was saying that we as a human race slaughter everything in site. Nothing is left sacred and for you to critisize me or any other person for killin an animal which we consume was wrong. Just look at yourself I don't agree with going fishing just to catch a fish take a picture and throw it back into the water. If that isn't THRILL seeking than what is? I fish myself but only for walleye and nothing else, why cause I eat what I catch the same goes for when I hunt, if I DON'T EAT IT I DON'T SHOOT IT.
    My weapon is a gun/bow yours is a fishing rod/ with all the gadgets, which I assume also includes a boat with a 2 stroke 9.9hp(?) which may I add pollute our water systems to no end I know I had one and bought a four stroke because of that reason alone.

So in essence BT you yourself along with the other fisherman who practice catch and release kill fish for the thrill of it yet you don't admit that what you do is wrong.
    According to a few, we as hunters should go to the grocery store to buy meat which is readily available, the same can be said for you as a fisherman go to Sobey's and buy your fish.
    But you know what BT it's not the same, you know it as well as I do.

As stated earlier, only 1% of the hunting community are SLOBS, so we wear an orange vest to protect ourselves from them slobs, why do you wear a safety jacket when on a boat?
    Is it because it's law? or is it as a net in case anything serious happens, you know hit a submersed rock, turn to quick and flip your boat, or maybe you guys drank just a bit to much and lost control?
    You get your slobs in both ends of the spectrum but yet we HUNTERS are terrible people.
    I've been eating wild game for 30+ yrs and I'm not gonna stop, my entire family eats wild game and they just luv it.
    Which by the way BT you're diet is terrible, look at all the shit your putting into your body, heart valve clogging agents, cholesterol laden JUNK food..........way to go I'd rather know you as Big Troubles as opposed to Big Turd.
    Anyhow if ya want to go on with this I'm ready if not i'll see ya at the show.
    Cheers.
    Moose

lms2
    Come to Canada and watch the Natives net an entire lake wanting Pickeral, getting all they can and leave the Pike and Perch on the shores to die. Thats apparently their way of life too. Sad part is, what they do is legal.
    Aye, Aye, Big Troubles. This is why I avoided this thread. I have no opinion on Nugent's music. I can take it or leave it.

Again, I am not a hunter, nor am I married to one. I understand that there are low life bastards that hunt deer from moving vehicles, during off season, and leave the carcass to rot where it falls. I was not aware of the native fishing practices in Canada, but am aware that the commercial fishing industry is not much better.

When I made the comment about hunters respecting life, I was not necessarily refering to the animal they just killed. I was refering more to the whole life cycle. The animal and the ecosystem in which it survives.

I am the original fence sitter. Bless you one and all, and I hope you are able to resolve your differences.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL wow, it got really fucking interesting didn't? In a Ted Nugent thread, we accuse, back and forth of passing judgment on different points of view, whether anyone of us really has the authority to do it any kind of real justice. We have all agreed that killing animals DOES have a certain level of purpose. Great. But Moose, I will now go into the area of defending my opinion of "catch and release" fish practices, that you seem to infer some sort of "torture" for the fish, and without natural merit. Moose. Look at your screen. Can you see me? No. That my friend is the approximate size of a fish's brain. Something tells me they don't understand fear the exact same way, say a Deer does. I really dont want to play this game. You have your views, to which I partially agree with. I have mine, to which I don't give a flying fuck who agrees with. Such is life.

lms2 commercial fishermen are Governed on two different levels. National and International. More eyes on the project means more of an efficient way of supplying a larger mass of people across the Globe with all kinds of seafood. Not one "tribe" with wasting 90% of the capture. C'mon join in the zaniness of this mostly pro- Nugent thread and tell us your fish story.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We are a gluttonous bunch here in the free world, thanks to the millions and millions of animals who spend their entire short and perpetually tortured lives in our "out of plain site" mass meat murder concentration camps.
    We are a spoiled bunch. A fat bunch. A lazy bunch.

A lot would change if we were forced to hunt, kill, clean, and prepare our own food. Oh, and a shit load less animals would have to die.

Remember, the meat we buy at the market is full of steroids, spent life covered in it's own piss and shit, and much of it is forced into cannibalism, (which, by the way has been linked to a host of debilitating and deadly diseases).

We must eat meat, and free range is the only way to go.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by HELLVIS
    We are a gluttonous bunch here in the free world, thanks to the millions and millions of animals who spend their entire short and perpetually tortured lives in our "out of plain site" mass meat murder concentration camps.
    We are a spoiled bunch. A fat bunch. A lazy bunch.

A lot would change if we were forced to hunt, kill, clean, and prepare our own food. Oh, and a shit load less animals would have to die.

Remember, the meat we buy at the market is full of steroids, spent life covered in it's own piss and shit, and much of it is forced into cannibalism, (which, by the way has been linked to a host of debilitating and deadly diseases).

We must eat meat, and free range is the only way to go.
    weird thing is, my favorite Ted Nugent song is Dog Eat Dog.

lms2
    Dog eat Dog... yep thats this world to a T.

You want my fish story, you got it. I like to fish. I think that fish can think. Of course, here in Kansas, I fish for catfish. Just like a cat, a catfish likes to play with the bait. They nibble, nibble gnaw. Sometimes they get your worm off without ever even taking a big bite. Sometimes they bite. Then they head for the weeds, rocks, anything on the bottom of the pond to tangle your line and piss you off. Catch and release. I hate eating fish. I love fishing because it is relaxing. I connect with nature and with god. Its also something I used to do with my dad who died when I was ten. Sometimes, I don't even bait my hook. Just sit out by the water and speculate. Could I just sit and speculate without casting my pole into the water> Sometimes I do that too.

You can fish for trout, the Fish and Game Commmission stocks the ponds several times in late fall and winter. Anything not caught does not survive the summer. The fish die because the water gets too warm.

Here in Kansas, we have carp. Thats our "junk" or "trash" fish, and man are those suckers fun to catch. THEY FIGHT. Some assholes get mad when catch these fish and throw them out on the bank to die.

We also have turtles in our ponds. Some of them suckers are huge. They will eat your fish if you leave them on a stringer in the water. I have seen turtle heads that look like a dang otters head.

Anyway, even though i catch and release, I have had a fish or two swallow the hook. It isn't pretty. And if I catch a turtle, I just cut the line. No way am I loosing a finger. If I have someone with me to assist, we will remove the hook, but with our turtles, its not a one man (woman) job.

Confession has not made me feel better.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HELLVIS

"THE NUGE" can afford as much dead animal as he wants. Why does he have to create more ??

Yes, Ted can afford whatever the hell he wants to eat, but he has true ethics and respect for balance of nature. He is also the most respected conservationist I personally know.
    Do you even know the difference between a conservationist and a common hunter? Probably not, not that it's your fault, but a hunter kills simply for the sport. Maybe he takes a trophy. Maybe he eats the kill. Maybe he even does both. However, these things are just fringe benefits. A conservationist may take trophies, but always consumes the kill. Not only does a conservationist kill, they also spend many mornings logging herd/flock/pack/ numbers in order to preserve balance, while misguided tree hugger PETA college types are sleeping off hangovers. And when these numbers are low they report to the proper authorities. They also personally plant trees and other vegitation, clean wetlands/streams/lakes/ponds/etc., and recycle.

I can assure you personally that Ted does all that and more on a consistant basis.
    He will not eat chicken from any commercial farm. Do you?
    He will not eat veal. Would you?
    He planted over 11,000 trees last year alone. How many have you planted?
    He and his various groups donate tons, yes tons, of clean, steriod free, non tortured food to the homeless every year. How much have you donated?
    Ted takes cloth sacks to the grocery instead of the paper/plastic ones that most people throw into land fills. How about you?
    Ted has confronted and stopped poachers in the act. Would you stand up to another man/men with guns?
    I could go on and on for another 5,000 words and not cover it all.
    Let's just say,unless you've talked to the man you are talking out your ass when you make the kind of assumptions that have been made on this thead.
    Thats all noble and nice.
    Caring for creatures that you want to kill.
    It makes me feel all warm inside.

Theres a certain video of Ted Nugent, its floating around in the
    back of my mind. Let me see if I can find it.
    Sounds like Ted is cool with Tree conservation. A quality I can
    now appreciate in "THE NUGE". As for battery hens and farmed
    chickens, no I will only eat free range. I was born on a large farm
    of which chickens were one of the livestock we managed. This
    was all free range.

I despise veal.

I go out of my way to rescue injured animals, and donate money
    to those foundations that do so...

Think what you want of me, I dont give a fuck. Theres some things
    that are just wrong, no matter how much you try and justify it.

I did learn today, from you, that "THE NUGE" is a good friend to the trees though.
    That has redeemed him a little in my thinking. Animal murder aside.

And MOOSE !!

Do I even know the difference between a conservationist and a common hunter? Yes, if you read the whole thread you would see that
    I used to hunt. I totally respect the conservationist approach to hunting. The whole point here is that why kill, if its not necessary ?
    Its very frustrating to me that you all find it so difficult to grasp.

Yes its good that "THE NUGE" approaches his hunting with a convservationist approach, yes its good that he donates or eats
    what he kills, yes its good that he loves trees,

BUT WHY KILL IF YOU DONT HAVE TO.

Simple point.

Im getting sick of this argument. I respect real hunters who rely on
    the food. If I go and plant a few thousand trees, am I suddenly justified in killing an otherwise free animal ???

If I show concern on dwindling species numbers then go and kill
    another animal, was the kill justified?

There are many free range farms that "THE NUGE" can purchase
    farmed, steroid and tortured free animals to donate to the poor.

He just gets a hard on killing animals.

Face it.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I will only eat free range. I was born on a large farm
    of which chickens were one of the livestock we managed. This
    was all free range.
    Think what you want of me, I dont give a fuck. Theres some things
    that are just wrong, no matter how much you try and justify it.
    The whole point here is that why kill, if its not necessary ?
    Its very frustrating to me that you all find it so difficult to grasp.

BUT WHY KILL IF YOU DONT HAVE TO.

Simple point.

Im getting sick of this argument. I respect real hunters who rely on
    the food. If I go and plant a few thousand trees, am I suddenly justified in killing an otherwise free animal ???

If I show concern on dwindling species numbers then go and kill
    another animal, was the kill justified?

He just gets a hard on killing animals.

Face it.

Like you say, you eat chickens. Free range or not, it doesn't change the fact that in you own words, they are murdered.

I do think of you what I like, thank you. I think you're one of the coolest people posting on this site. No really. Just because we disagree doesn't mean I think badly of you.

If you go and fence in ( even on wide open fields ) many animals , who face it, have been enslaved for generations anyway, are you suddenly justified in killing them.

If you show concern for the cute bambi, thumper, flipper, white fang, and free willy, and then go kill those ugly ass stupid chickens, was the kill justified?

You just get a hard on killing farm animals, which have been kept down by the man for centuries, just like the black man.

Face it.

YankeeRose
    Because you have no need to kill.

You have the means to buy food.

Really, is it that difficult to understand ???
    No. It's not difficult at all to understand your point of view. In many ways, I agree. I just don't have it in me to kill an animal, but I'm not a vegetarian and never have been. However, he has every right to go out and earn a meal for his family. Why should he buy pre-packaged meat if he feels the means of obtaining it are inhumane. In the wild, at least the animal has a chance.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well put.And may I say, with far less sarcasm and fewer words than I.

YankeeRose
    thank you..

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are welcome.
    Have a vote.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dont get a hard on killing anything.
    Free, Farmed or otherwise.
    I will even catch spiders in my home and
    let them free outside. Let life live.

Im Sorry Rosie, I still dont get why "THE NUGE" has to kill
    when he is in such a privaleged postion to buy food.
    He has already provided for his family by the vast wealth
    he has created through his music.

I honestly believe he enjoys hunting. Im not cool with that.
    Do you think he would hunt if he didnt enjoy it ?

I dont think it has anything to do with some need to
    provide for his rich family, as noble as your thoughts are.

And your thoughts are good. I just get the vibe that this
    cat enjoys the kill. You can be a shooter or skilled with
    a bow and arrow, without having to take a life.
    "THE NUGE" loves to hunt and kill. Even if he is the
    worlds greatest conservasionist hunter, I still dont agree
    with killing for killings sake. Even if you justify it by donating
    the dead animal or eating it yourself. *IF* there is absolutely
    no real need for you to have to do so.

HELLVIS, I appreciate your kind comments..

Cheers,

-Mark

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh and on a closing note, let me draw comparisons of
    "THE NUGE" and one of our own famous Australian
    conservationist hunter.

Steve Irwin. The crocodile hunter. Theatrics aside, this guy
    hunts crocs in the wild, with his bare hands, why ?

To save the animals. No weapons or killing involved.

Human against crocodile, bare handed in the wild.
    No pussy hiding behind a tree with a weapon.

For every Ted Nugent out there killing, I thank god
    for every Steve Irwin that hunts animals to save them.

Its clear who the real men are.

Thanks for the debate.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh and on a closing note, let me draw comparisons of
    "THE NUGE" and one of our own famous Australian
    conservationist hunter.

Steve Irwin. The crocodile hunter. Theatrics aside, this guy
    hunts crocs in the wild, with his bare hands, why ?

To save the animals. No weapons or killing involved.

Human against crocodile, bare handed in the wild.
    No pussy hiding behind a tree with a weapon.

For every Ted Nugent out there killing, I thank god
    for every Steve Irwin that hunts animals to save them.

Its clear who the real men are.

Thanks for the debate.
    Yup just so he can make more money at his Animal Compound in Australia. By the way guess you never saw the show where he killed a couple of wild pigs (very inhumanely) to use as bait for the crocs he catch's with his bare hands under supervised conditions with a couple of guys in the background holding rifles just in case something goes wrong. You can do quite a lot with todays technology................

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No I havent seen that Moose

Ive only seen "THE NUGE" shooting birds in his yard for "fun"

Hey we Aussies are crazy, but we are not stupid, of course we have
    weapons on hand.. Especially when dealing with crocs, but
    the intention is conservation, not destruction..

This has turned into some debate, huh. I think most of us
    agree on the main principles here. Responsible hunting where
    its a genuine necessity (to provide food or control pests) has
    been going on since the dawn of time. Also in some cases
    Animal populations have to be culled to preserve that species.
    ie: if there are more animals than the food that sustains them.
    In those situations, of course killing is a necessity.

The thing I cant stand is needless killing of wild animals.

I dont disrepect any of you genuine hunters. I dont like
    people who have no real need or necessity to kill, that
    still choose to do so... Methinks "THE NUGE" is one of those
    rich people into bloodsport. It might be your constitutional
    right to bare arms, but that doesnt give you a god given right
    to kill gods creatures at random. *UNLESS* its for your own
    survival or valid reasons, its fucking wrong...

Cheers,

-Mark

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No I havent seen that Moose

Ive only seen "THE NUGE" shooting birds in his yard for "fun"

Hey we Aussies are crazy, but we are not stupid, of course we have
    weapons on hand.. Especially when dealing with crocs, but
    the intention is conservation, not destruction..

This has turned into some debate, huh. I think most of us
    agree on the main principles here. Responsible hunting where
    its a genuine necessity (to provide food or control pests) has
    been going on since the dawn of time. Also in some cases
    Animal populations have to be culled to preserve that species.
    ie: if there are more animals than the food that sustains them.
    In those situations, of course killing is a necessity.

The thing I cant stand is needless killing of wild animals.

I dont disrepect any of you genuine hunters. I dont like
    people who have no real need or necessity to kill, that
    still choose to do so... Methinks "THE NUGE" is one of those
    rich people into bloodsport. It might be your constitutional
    right to bare arms, but that doesnt give you a god given right
    to kill gods creatures at random. *UNLESS* its for your own
    survival or valid reasons, its fucking wrong...

Cheers,

-Mark
    I truly agree with you and BT on that one pal. For someone to go and shoot an animal and leave it the bush and not take the edible bounty that the creature has provided is totally against my and for the matter at hand any responsible hunters' ethics. If I were to ever see this I would personally shoot them(poachers) and leave their sorry carcass in the wild for consumption by all of God's creatures(carnivores/herbivores) to fill their bellies.
    If someone has the money and they feel like they want to hunt the Big 5 in Africa so be it. You have to understand that when we as hunters go pursuing wild game in other countries we have to follow their strict rules and regulations, which I may add has severe penalties for waste of edible meat(the meat of most animals taken in other continents by hunters is usually given to the local tribe/ot homless shelters)
    so please make the distinction between Ethical hunters/ Wanton Hunters and the ones who give us the worst name..................POACHERS.
    Now back to the Nuges' music............WANGO TANGO!

CHEERS
    MOOSE

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Totally dig the Nuge, but not necessarily his guitar tone. It's too thin for my taste
    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
    "N--- yeah."

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by HELLVIS
    Like you say, you eat chickens. Free range or not, it doesn't change the fact that in you own words, they are murdered.

I do think of you what I like, thank you. I think you're one of the coolest people posting on this site. No really. Just because we disagree doesn't mean I think badly of you.

If you go and fence in ( even on wide open fields ) many animals , who face it, have been enslaved for generations anyway, are you suddenly justified in killing them.

If you show concern for the cute bambi, thumper, flipper, white fang, and free willy, and then go kill those ugly ass stupid chickens, was the kill justified?

You just get a hard on killing farm animals, which have been kept down by the man for centuries, just like the black man.

Face it.
    Look , my musical siblings of rock.....I think what Panamark is trying to get at here is that, YES !! IT IS ALL MURDER!!....However, there is always going to be beef, poultry, and chicken products in every grocery store of which came to be from the killing of innocent creatures. That is never going to change as long as humans remain selfish and hungry meat eaters. So why kill to eat another innocent animal yourself, when there are millions who have already been butchared for that reason? Even though that is still wrong, we might as well go ahead and make their lives worthy of appreciation because of THE fact that people are simply never going to stop eating meat. It's not like everybody has some woods to go hunting in every Saturday, and can respect their killings in such a way! It is sad how they kill these animals, and society should work for a more humane way of doing this; however, there is a reason why the hunting goods in Walmart are located in the "Sporting section". People are not hunting to feed themselves in this day in age! It is a sport! The proof is in the buck heads aligning the walls of every known hunter's homes (TED NUGENT)!

Now, when I die....I want my organs to be donated to nourish someone's life while they are able to be. It is not disrespectful for a little girl to carry my heart in her chest so that she may have 10 years added to her life!

Now, it would be different, however, if I got killed in a car wreck, and the other victim in the wreck lost his/her eyes, and used mine as donors.....BUT THEN CUT MY HEAD OFF AND ATTACHED IT TO HIS/HER LIVING ROOM WALL! TELL ME HOW THAT IS NOT EVIL?
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dare you to challenge the master of metaphors! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Thread Information