X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

OSU sucks...PSU sucks...

but I will tell you this...Wisconsin isn't that good...

thank your lucky stars it's a down year in the big 10...

but their Defense IS better than I thought...but Purdue handed them that game yesterday...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Defense wins games and titles.

Jump on the bandwagon now Poj! It's not too late.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Oh...you don't have to tell me about Defenses...OSU did it two years ago with that same philosophy...

I hate Wisconsin bro...

not as much as Michigan...but if they were the only team there...I'd pick up knitting...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Okay...let's see if YOU CAN SEE IT...MR. CYCLICAL!

So now you are saying that PSU is cyclical? Um...3 of the past 4 years with a losing season? What fucking cycle are you watching? It's called Penn State being good for 30 years and the coach getting old...his staff getting old and retiring...and he's still there...

OSU's cycle...and PSU's cycle are two different stories...OSU has a cycle...PSU has a cycle...and PSU's is clearly showing that JoePa is done...

Show PSU's record over the past 30 years...see how many losing seasons they have?
          Other than the stats I showed before, one other season....

But I still don't understand, why does that make the coach's age the reason behind their downfall ??

Why isn't it having two below average QB's ??

Why isn't it having a pourous defense ??

I'll agree with you that their recruiting has not been what it once was, but I would state that it's the improvement of teams in the East that are contributing to that just as much as it's PSU's losing seasons, teams such as Virginia, VA Tech, West Virginia, and even the MAC schools...
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Oh...you don't have to tell me about Defenses...OSU did it two years ago with that same philosophy...

I hate Wisconsin bro...

not as much as Michigan...but if they were the only team there...I'd pick up knitting...
            Sweaters or blankets?

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
              Sweaters or blankets?

Cock socks.

Erasmus James is out next week. Sucks. It's Northwerstern, but we can't overlook them.

GO BADGERS!

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Indiana's next, the question now is can they beat them??
                if they lose, tressel may be in for a fire sale media style..
                i wish i could see them newspapers there now..woah.

EUAS

Comment

• Rebel
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2004

OSU is just having a down year, doesn't matter much either way, Big 10 doesn't play real football anyway.

Hoddy Toddy!!!!
                  The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Oh...here we go with the Big 10 crap...lmfao...

well...OSU sucks this year...so I concur...

Now to Va...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Alright...

Now you know that my statements are much more than Paterno being older than dirt my brother...but certainly every problem they have can be attributed to him BEING PASSED HIS PRIME FOR SURE...

I concur with your recruiting piece...but I follow up with this...

Penn State should never get their asses kicked in recruiting by Virginia, Va Tech and West Virginia...and you could make a case for Pitt as well...

but Don Nehlan (not sure if that's the correct name for sure) was at WVU in Penn State's heyday...and he could recruit like a motherfucker...but not nearly as well as Penn State...

you see...I think you are missing the grand point here...

You are fighting me tooth and nail about JoePa being passed his prime...you may be the only one in the country...and I'm not really sure why...

You see...here's the difference between the vaunted Penn State...and the current Penn State...

1. In the past, JoePa really left the offensive and defensive chores to his coordinators...but oversaw it all...and would call plays when he had too...and he had guys there that were his guys...guys that grew up with him...played with or for him...and believed in what he believed...

how has that changed? New coaches...different philosophies...and JoePa's inability at this point to control that...or mesh that into his schemes...if he has them anymore...now he's truly an overseer...rarely calling plays...so I submit he's lost control of that team period...which is probably the way he wants it to be honest...

2. RECRUITING!!! The only reason why Penn State is getting beat in recruiting (and if I had said to you 10 years ago that the Virginias all were beating them in recruiting...YOU WOULD HAVE WANTED HIM FIRED) is BECAUSE of Paterno. Paterno used to be able to sell himself...which was the biggest sell...come play for me...national titles...winning seasons...I'll be here forever...Rose Bowls...on and on...

and it worked...and well...

Now...what's his sell? He's damn old...they aren't good...Penn State's name STILL carries weight...but not Paterno...their offense isn't good...their defense IS...but is on the field so damn much...that it's nullified...YOU COULD BE THE GREATEST RECRUITER ON THE PLANET...as I'm sure PSU looks for in coordinators...but if you go to that imfamous living room meeting...with a kid who's locked between Penn State, Pitt and Virginia...where do you go...to play for JoePa...who may or may not be there very long...Groh...a form NFL head...who has an immense offense...and a winner...plays in the new ACC against FSU and Florida...and isn't PERCIEVED to be past his prime...

Pitt wasn't a good example...I don't know why anyone goes there...

My point is this...I just can't see Paterno winning many of those battles...and that is obvious...

You can say what you want about the qb's (recruiting, schemes)...

You can say what you want about the defense (recruiting, schemes)...

but in Paterno's prime...THEY NEVER HAD THESE ISSUES...or worked around them...

they have no passing game...no running game (PENN STATE WITH NO RUNNING GAME!!!)...their line looks like ass...their defense...I think is good...but is on the field to much to be that good...and like our Steelers...get nailed for big plays...

So what we are saying is their offense and defense blows...

and...DID YOU SAY THEY ARE GETTING OUTRECRUITED BY MAC TEAMS...

my brother...please listen to yourself...I will tell you this...if Tressell ever starts getting outrecruited by FUCKING MAC TEAMS...I'll call for his resignation the next day...

Never...ever...should Penn state continually lose players to MAC SCHOOLS...if that is the case...you've just proved my point...

so they have issue

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Personally...I like Troy Smith better than Justin Zwick...Smith isn't the deep guy that Zwick is...but has a good arm...but doesn't make as many mistakes...

I also think Pittman should be the starter from this point on...

Ross is done...he isn't any good...and Hall...just use him as the kick returner...

Give Pittman a shot to win this job...his junior year...he had 2300 yards for OSU...and 35 TD's...pretty standard stuff for good OSU backs...but his cousin is even better...

Tyrell Sutton...also from Akron...had 2300 yards his soph year...and 2500 yards his junior year...

top 2 schools...OSU and Michigan...doesn't know if he wants to compete against his cousin at OSU...

He just broke the Ohio School Boy record this year...and isn't done yet...he'll end up with over 8,000 YARDS RUSHING FOR HIS CAREER!!!!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I take that back...he's going to end up with over 9 thousand yards apparently...he's already knocking on that doorstep...

and he's already commited...fucker...

TO NORTHWESTERN?

Chripes...he was pissed that Michigan and OSU didn't offer him something early...and Northwestern did what they always do...offered him up something early...last year...and he committed...

He wasn't even on OSU's radar...interesting...they must like Pittman...

Comment

• Jano
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

Adrian Peterson and White are leading OU to the championship's tittle! and the heisman trophy!
                          GO SOONERS!!!!!
                          little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                          http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Um...okay...whatever...

Comment

• High Life Man
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

Does it smell like Oranges or Roses in here? Mmmm....

Comment

• redblkwht
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jano
                                Adrian Peterson and White are leading OU to the championship's tittle! and the heisman trophy!
                                GO SOONERS!!!!!
                                Wrong thread dude..start a scooner
                                thread somewhere else-BTW they aint going no where this yr either.
                                take that to the bank, them & Nebraska can lick my nads..
                                they are the same white trash, trailor park toast making monkeys
                                playing on a dirt mound after the game..there is no life in either
                                area besides football, rediculous & what you win not enough to
                                talk the smack..BTW name a real dominant NFL player from that
                                school that plays now? Crouch.. LMMFAO.
                                Get off the island, youve been voted off.
                                BUH BYE!
                                this is big 10 or OSU thread period.

EUAS

Comment

Working...