Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions? For players trading personal items for tattoos? Not ridiculous at all.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Ranting about the use of to while misspelling plenty of words of your own, interesting. Ok, facts, Michigan leads the all time series 57-44-6. I don't blame you for ignoring the history of the rivalry but kind of hard to do when you are talking about Michigan vs. The Suckeyes. More facts, As coach at Youngstown State in the mid-1990s, sweater vest claimed to not know that his star quarterback had received a car and more than $10,000 from a school trustee and his associates -- even though it was later established in court documents that Tressel had told the player to go see the trustee. Now this shit storm with the Suckeyes. Michigan beat your boys so bad during the Cooper era they hired a known cheater to fix things, fact is you guys deserve whatever the NCAA hands down for having such scum on your payroll. Rich-Rod is a douche and wrecked the roster but at least we aren't the center of scandal in NCAA football. Hell, even your boy Pryor is being investigated now on top of everything else. Turn a blind eye and rant all you want, practice gate isn't shit compared to what is coming the Suckeyes way.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        Seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions? For players trading personal items for tattoos? Not ridiculous at all.
        Maybe you should check out the latest news, that is just a part of what is going on.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          As coach at Youngstown State in the mid-1990s, sweater vest claimed to not know that his star quarterback had received a car and more than $10,000 from a school trustee and his associates -- even though it was later established in court documents that Tressel had told the player to go see the trustee.
          Proof? Where is it? Where is the proof that Tressel KNEW what was happening with the tattoos? There isn't any. No more allegations or wishful thinking on your part, please. Wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.

The fact that you pretend to know more about Tressel and Ohio State than you actually do about your own favorite shit team speaks volumes.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

HAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YEAH! Mich. State is gonna beat the shit out of the fuckeyes!!!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Maybe you should check out the latest news, that is just a part of what is going on.
              Try checking out the latest FACTS. The media is making an example out of Tress because they can. No true Buckeye fan will be dissappointed if Pryor never wears scarlet and gray again. They know what's really happening. Most everything that's been reported concerning Tressel has been speculation. Very little of it has been based on fact.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                HAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YEAH! Mich. State is gonna beat the shit out of the fuckeyes!!!
                Dantonio might be coming back...so....

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Ranting about the use of to while misspelling plenty of words of your own, interesting.

I'm sorry, but I can't let this one slide...

Yeah, I may have misspelled something somewhere along the way...

But not a simple word like "too"....over and over...and over again.

Do me a favor. NEVER bring that up again. My ribs hurt from laughing.
                  Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Sanctions or not, both MiSHITgan teams will get fucking hammered this year.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

The more I read about this situation, the less I believe about it. Nature abhors a vacuum, and in order for the charges against Tressel to be true, he would have either have had to work within one, or (more likely) many people knew about how things were done and the man was told to fall on his sword in sacrifice. Either way, you are generally looking at a corrupt culture that allows such things to take place in the first place, so blaming this on just one guy is nothing short of absurd. Just look at the stories about Terrelle Pryor's stable of cars: Each one was validated through the university. At the same time, the various car dealerships have DOZENS of student autographed jerseys hanging in their showrooms.

But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does. What about the school president and the athletics director? Like anything else, I'd be willing to bet this fish stinks from the head down, and in the end, Jim Tressel will come out of this looking more like a sacrificial lamb than some sort of contemptible fraud.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hideyoursheep

I'm sorry, but I can't let this one slide...

Yeah, I may have misspelled something somewhere along the way...

But not a simple word like "too"....over and over...and over again.

Do me a favor. NEVER bring that up again. My ribs hurt from laughing.
                        So we are still on denial and to, ok then. Reality will be hitting you suckeye fans soon enough, deny it all you want. Fact is when you are talking about as many players breaking rules as we are now it is kind of hard to just blame the players, to say sweater vest had no idea is absurd and nobody but the blind follower suckeye fans are even trying that excuse anymore.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The more I read about this situation, the less I believe about it. Nature abhors a vacuum, and in order for the charges against Tressel to be true, he would have either have had to work within one, or (more likely) many people knew about how things were done and the man was told to fall on his sword in sacrifice. Either way, you are generally looking at a corrupt culture that allows such things to take place in the first place, so blaming this on just one guy is nothing short of absurd. Just look at the stories about Terrelle Pryor's stable of cars: Each one was validated through the university. At the same time, the various car dealerships have DOZENS of student autographed jerseys hanging in their showrooms.

But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does. What about the school president and the athletics director? Like anything else, I'd be willing to bet this fish stinks from the head down, and in the end, Jim Tressel will come out of this looking more like a sacrificial lamb than some sort of contemptible fraud.
                          I agree 100% the problem runs deeper then just sweater vest and the players, that is why the Suckeyes are fucked. Like the NCAA or not they are bending Ohio state over on this one.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

So we are still on denial and to, ok then. Reality will be hitting you suckeye fans soon enough, deny it all you want. Fact is when you are talking about as many players breaking rules as we are now it is kind of hard to just blame the players, to say sweater vest had no idea is absurd and nobody but the blind follower suckeye fans are even trying that excuse anymore.

The reason you and so many like you are so eager to blame the Vest, is because he has owned you for so long. The head football coach count at Michisuck is now up to 3 in the past 5 years...all in an attempt to get a win against the mighty Buckeyes. FAIL. lol. You can hope for sanctions all you want, and even if sanctions are imposed, the Wolverweenies are STILL going to lose this year. 8 consecutive losses. That's something no Mishitgan squad has EVER done.

It must feel good fo finally be able to laugh about something besides the Mishitgan program, which has turned into a joke in itself, so enjoy it while you can....you won't be laughing come November.

Anyway...

Chef is correct. It is in fact hard to put the blame squarely on Tress' shoulders. There is plenty to go around. I would start with the 50 man compliance dept. that allowed Pryor to behave like a prima donna. Then I would blame Pryor. Then I would blame Tress....but not completely.

Pryor's actions put Tressel in a strange place. If he recieves an email about a possible infraction in April, does he run it to the compliance dept himself and begin an investigation? What if it happens to be a false allegation? He then drives a wedge between himself and the team, openly displaying a lack of trust. Because the fact is, at that point, he really didn't KNOW anything. Hindsight is always 20/20. The Vest is mostly guilty of trying to protect Pryor's future, and IMO, Pryor wasn't worth the risk. I think TP has shown what is really important to TP-himself.

Enjoy that big "O" tattoo with the buckeye leaves, Terrelle....You can look down on tha the rest of your life and remember how you destroyed a man's carreer.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

It's still hard to believe that this is all over something as trivial as trading personal items for some ink....no one got paid (scUM basketball), no one tried to extort money from the university for a scholarship (Newton), no one was guilty of academic ineligibility(FSU), no one beat their girlfriend (Arrington ), no one attempted to gouge out an opposing player's eye during a game (Spikes) or sucker-punch an opposing player (Blount), Eddie George and Troy Smith still have their Heisman trophies (Bush)...so, in comparison, all of this seems trivial....

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does.
                                SI isn't exactly a credible sports news source IMO...they only want to sell magazines...otherwise they wouldn't have an annual bikini issue.

They either do a hit piece, or a hype piece on select individuals...if they were a legitimate "investigative reporting" mag, they would have never published a story about how Tony Mandarich was going to be the greatest lineman ever, or that Jeff George would be the next Joe Montana, etc,...

Comment

Working...