• Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    I would almost certainly think ABC.

Brett Musberger, Gary Danielson ...

Hoping the freshman come up big in this game.

GO BLUE!
    how bout alot of freshman mistakes will due
    me just fine on the blue side..
    GO BUCKS!!!

EUAS

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

UNDERCOVER FAN: OSU punks rip into U-M rivals

Buckeye band the Dead Schembechlers makes fun of coaching legend, his team
      November 19, 2004

The Undercover Fan

The University of Michigan plays the Ohio State University on Saturday for the 101st time in what many consider to be the country's best college football rivalry. But it's not much of a rivalry.

Michigan has never won. That's right, they've lost 100 straight games.

And for all those who believe that U-M won just last year, 35-21 in Ann Arbor, well, said the frontman for Columbus punk rock band the Dead Schembechlers: "They are dupes, suckers who've been tricked by the 'Wolverine liberal media.' "

In fact, the man who calls himself Bo Biafra believes many of the nation's problems can be traced to the prissy campus in Ann Arbor.

"Did you know that the massive changes in our country's weather patterns can be traced back to the time when Apollo 15 was in the air?" Biafra said. "Did you know who made up the crew? That's right, three alumni from the University of Michigan!"

Biafra thinks all evil arises from the leafy little lefty enclave on the outskirts of metro Detroit. He thinks U-M girls are questionable, U-M boys are morons, and former coaching legend Bo Schembechler is the ultimate traitor.

So he formed a punk band, borrowing heavily from the Ramones and the Dead Kennedys, to alert the world of the danger to the north, and to mock Schembechler, still the face of Michigan football in Columbus.

Biafra and fellow members Bo Thunders, Bo Vicious and Bo Scabies dress in white short-sleeve shirts and thin black ties and black pants and black baseball caps with OSU logos in homage to their hero, former OSU coach Woody Hayes. They wrote songs titled, "I Hate Michigan," "Bo for 24" "M Means Moron" and "Michigan Stadium is a Pile of #*&@."

Tonight, for the first time, they are headlining the annual Hate Michigan Rally at a rock club in Columbus. To prepare for the rally, Biafra said he spent the week in Washington, D.C., lobbying Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice.

"Now that wimpy Colin Powell is out, we figured we could convince Rice to launch a thermonuclear attack on Ann Arbor," he said. "It may hurt President Bush's standing in Michigan, but hey, the election is over."

Biafra earns a living in music, but not with the Schembechlers. He wouldn't say how. Depending on his mood, he is in his mid-30s, or maybe late 30s. He grew up in an Ohio State family in Columbus and may have actually attended the university. Or maybe not. He remembers people from his childhood with U-M leanings.

"But I don't remember much about them," he said. "They disappeared under mysterious circumstances."

He describes the Dead Schembechlers' musical style as Wolverine hate core, laced with lyrics dedicated to the demise of the team and whose roots can be found in psychotic punk rock.

In a week when current U-M coach Lloyd Carr bemoaned the dark side of the rivalry, Biafra and company are turning it up, with a wink.

"They have a sense of humor," said Chris Painter, arts editor of the Other Paper, an alternative weekly in Columbus. "They are actually good musicians."

Biafra said he was moved to form the group after legendary coach Hayes appeared in his dreams.

"He arose from a golden light, whispered in my ear, and told me to do it," Biafra said. "He also told me to rent the movie 'Midway.' "

Hayes was a military history buff.

Biafra figured the band was payback to Schembechler, who played for Hayes at Miami of Ohio in the early 1950s and later coached under Hayes at Ohio State. In Buckeyeland, no one has forgotten how he left for hated Michigan.

The real Bo, by the way, could not be reached to comment on the band named after him, though he has often joked himself about some of the exuberant fans in Ohio's capital city.

Biafra expects millions tonight at his gig and wouldn't be surprised to find Wolverine spies, sent down on mind-control drugs to gather information for headquarters back in Ann Arbor, in search of ways to quash the rebellion.

"They want total world domination," Biafra said. "They are so jealous of life in Columbus. They are like citizens under the old Soviet Union."

Biafra predicts another Ohio State victory Saturday.

"We will march on a road of Wolverine bones, and that when the final gun sounds, the Dead Schembechlers will gnaw coach Carr's skull, 76-0."

When the game is over, and the delirious horde of scarlet and silver prepare to burn the streets, Biafra and his mates plan to head up to Akron for a post-victory vacation.

"It's the international hotspot of the world," he said. "Best nightlife anywhere."

From the lobby of Motel 6, the Dead Schembechlers will holler into the night, arguing with any spies who dare suggest Michigan actually leads the series, 57-37-6.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

LMFAO...the Dead Schembechlers...classic stuff...

woke up at 6 AM today...with only 1 thing on my mind...OSU/Michigan...damn...hard to believe I've been through 33 of these games...

Here's to ya' Al...game on...

as a matter of fact...I'm going to change the name of the thread in ode to the day's festivities...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...OSU is up 7-0...I just don't see that defense stopping Michigan at all...

Hart will probably have 200 yards rushing today...

of course...it's NOT FUCKING ON HERE...

I can't go to a damn bar...watching the kids...

this is torture...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

3rd and 12.

Rushing only 3 lineman.

DAMN NEAR sacked his ass.

The HAIL MARY PRAYER.

Shazor half ass falls.

TD.

Not fucking happy.

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              LMFAO...the Dead Schembechlers...classic stuff...

woke up at 6 AM today...with only 1 thing on my mind...OSU/Michigan...damn...hard to believe I've been through 33 of these games...

Here's to ya' Al...game on...

as a matter of fact...I'm going to change the name of the thread in ode to the day's festivities...
              Game on.

Same for me this morning. Hauled gnads to the store and back in time. The family is on the "please don't talk to me unless I talk to you first" rule.

lol ... I'll admit ... I laughed at "WolverQueens".

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

TD Avant, 5 yards out.

Tie game.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

OSU's defense just can't compete with the line...the receivers...or the back...this year...

if we win...it's a miracle...

if we lose...it's expected...

I really fucking can't believe this game isn't on here...I'm in utter disbelief...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

That is fucked bro.

With the way they push this thing, you'd figure it'd be everywhere.

Michigan driving.

Ball at the 1.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

14-7...

I can't fucking believe it...

IT'S THE NATIONAL FUCKING GAME...

Unfuckingbelievable...

I could see if there was another game...

but UVA vs. GEORGIA FUCKING TECH?

No way...no fucking way....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Spurrier coming back to the SEC...wait...did he take the South Carolina job?...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

All indications are that he will.

Holtz will step down, retire.

14-14 now , 99 yard drive. QB sneak.

Michigan forced to punt.

OSU gonna keep this thing close.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Holtz announced today he is retiring...

Spurrier announcement on Monday or Tuesday...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

OSU at UM's 2

First and Goal.

Taking the lead here, Michigan is going to blow this game.

I can't believe this QB is tearing us up.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I'm guessing OSU is opening up the offense a bit more than normal...maybe Tressel will open up his eyes...

how does Smith look at QB?...

and that freshman Ginn Jr....I remember when they were recruiting him...they almost stopped because they figured he'd leave early...or try and go the Clarett route...and leave after a year or two...has he scored yet?

Comment

Working...