Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ohio State University Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OSU is 10-0...but has no fucking bench...it's going to kill them in Big 10 play...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NEWS FLASH : Just heard on the local Columbus news that Clorette (sp?) is on the run from the law...for armed robbery!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On the run and captured...the dipshit...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    great game, btw.. would have not thought that we'd be up
    at halftime..somehow i thought we'd have our hands full,
    great gameplan by tressell, Smith/Ginn Jr is incredible 2006
    will be a monster year again.

EUAS

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    YO RBW...

check the frontpage...

www.rotharmy.com

and check out all the links...

it's on motherfucker...

oh...and redfire is online...pm the fucker...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    YO RBW...

check the frontpage...

www.rotharmy.com

and check out all the links...

it's on motherfucker...

oh...and redfire is online...pm the fucker...
    dude, is been a rough week i lost 1 of my best friends
    massive heart attack..i couldnt get back to chi town fast enough
    pretty bummed lately to motivate myself, i may creep back
    into a hole for a while bro, its real tough & taking it hard
    i have no closure, he text messaged me & saw him a month
    before we moved..i blew him off knowing wed hook up again
    when i visit chicago..little did I know, huh.

psyh..

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well bro...hope all is well...

that sucks...

how young?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Intersting scenario...

good receiver about to declare...

born in Columbus OH...grew up in California...

is between USC, Ohio ST and Georgia...

could use him with Holmes declaring...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The fucker chose USC...homo...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All's Wells
    OSU-bound Wells' three TDs lead East to 27-16 win
    Posted: Saturday January 7, 2006 7:20PM; Updated: Saturday January 7, 2006 9:11PM

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Ohio's Chris Wells ran for three touchdowns and was named MVP in leading the East past the West 27-16 in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl high school all-star game Saturday.

Wells, who's verbally committed to Ohio State, scored on a pair of 5-yard runs and another from 2 yards. He led all players with 67 yards on 13 carries.

"I think I can be a cutback runner," said Wells, a senior at Akron's Garfield High School. "But I think I can do a lot of things. Just like today, you saw I can be a power runner."

Wells, who rushed for 1,930 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior, had the first score of the game on the 2-yarder in the first quarter.

Wells provided the go-ahead score 5:31 into the second half when, with the game tied at 7, he scored on the 5-yard run over the left side.

The score was set up by two passes from St. Augustine, Fla., quarterback Tim Tebow, who's verbally committed to Florida. He connected on a 56-yard pass with Vidal Hazelton and a 19-yarder to Jarrell Miller during the drive.

The West tied the score 7-7 on Texas' Jevan Snead's 21-yard touchdown pass to fellow Texan Ken Beasley in the second quarter. Snead, who threw two touchdown passes and is orally committed to the Longhorns, lofted the pass to the corner of the end zone where Beasley made the grab.

After Wells' scoring run in the third quarter broke the tie, the West cut the score to 13-10 on Kai Forbath's 37-yard field goal with 8:21 to go in the third quarter. That was set up by Chris Caflisch's 72-yard return of the kickoff.

But the West went up by 17 points when Forbath's fourth-quarter field-goal try was blocked by Brandon Graham and returned 65 yards by Raeshon McNeil of Mocksville, N.C.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bright future
    Wells' performance gives OSU fans high hopes for '06
    Posted: Saturday January 7, 2006 8:50PM; Updated: Saturday January 7, 2006 9:04PM

Chris Wells -- who scored three TDs Saturday -- could have an instant impact in Columbus.
    AP

CollegeGear.com - Ohio State
    Your source for all Ohio State University t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, gifts, souvenirs,...
    www.collegegear.com

eBuckeye.com - Ohio State Store
    Shop for officially licensed Ohio State Buckeyes apparel, merchandise, souvenirs and more.
    www.ebuckeye.com

Score Buckeyes Merchandise at Fansedge
    FansEdge sells a complete line-up of college fan merchandise. You'll be thrilled by our...
    www.fansedge.com

Ohio State Buckeyes Memorabilia
    Ohio State Buckeyes autographed sports memorabilia. Free shipping and low prices. Every...
    www.prosportsmemorabilia.com

SAN ANTONIO -- Still riding their Rose Bowl high, local Longhorns fans arrived at the Alamodome on Saturday hoping to catch a glimpse of their next Vince Young. Instead, they got a potentially scary look at a guy who will be lining up against their team next fall.

While Young's heir apparent, Texas-bound Jevan Snead, was the U.S. Army All-America Bowl's leading passer, the star of the fifth-annual all-star football spectacle was unquestionably future Ohio State tailback Chris Wells. Showing off a physical running style that would have made Woody Hayes proud, the nation's top-ranked running back prospect lived up to his billing, carrying 13 times for 67 yards and three touchdowns to lead the East to a 27-16 victory over the West.

On his third score, a 5-yard run early in the fourth quarter, the 6-foot-1, 225-pounder plowed over at least four West defenders in his path to the end zone.

"That's Ohio State-type football," said Wells' coach for the East team -- and a guy slightly familiar with the Buckeyes -- Ted Ginn Sr.

With many of the stars of OSU's 34-20 Fiesta Bowl win over Notre Dame returning in 2006, including quarterback Troy Smith and Ginn's son, many in Columbus are already thinking national title. Adding Wells to the equation certainly won't hurt. The Buckeyes have a proven tailback returning in Antonio Pittman, but he's more of a slasher. (Pittman's backup, Maurice Wells, was also one of the nation's top-ranked tailback prospects a year ago.) It's easy to picture Wells, who will enroll in time for spring practices, getting his share of carries as a freshman, particularly in goal-line and short-yardage situations. Though Pittman ran for 1,331 yards last season, he scored just seven touchdowns.

"I just want to go in and learn," Wells said Saturday. "If [OSU coaches] want to make me an impact player, that's up to them."

An Akron, Ohio, native who grew up idolizing Ohio State runners like Eddie George and Maurice Clarett, Wells committed to the Buckeyes nearly a year ago. He said he briefly considered USC and Michigan but "you only look at those schools because of the name. I was born to play for Ohio State."

Wells wasn't the only future Buckeye who shined in Saturday's event. Robert Rose, a lightning-fast defensive end who plays for Ginn Sr. at the same Cleveland high school, Glenville, that produced Smith and Ginn Jr., completely dominated the West's blockers during one mid-game stretch, collecting one tackle for loss and racing into the backfield practically untouched on another play.

Rose spent much of the practice week leading up to the game attempting to tackle his future teammate Wells and came away impressed. "He's a beast," Rose said of Wells. "There are a lot of little DBs out there who might want to bulk up if they're going against him."

Though they haven't even gotten to campus, Wells and Rose aren't shying away from the national-title talk. "I think we can get it done," Rose said. To do so, however, they know they'll have to return to this state in almost exactly eight months for a date with a certain team in burnt orange. Ohio State plays in Austin -- 80 miles north of the Alamodome -- on Sept. 9.

"Coming back here to play the defending national champions?" Rose said. "I'm really, really looking forward to that."

Back in Columbus, they're really, really looking forward to Wells' and Rose's arrivals.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Recap
    Michigan vs. Ohio State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sims' 26 help No. 19 Buckeyes beat Wolverines
    Feb. 9, 2006
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Thad Matta has been hoping for a big road victory since he came to Ohio State two seasons ago.

Jamar Butler scored a career-high 20 points and had two of the No. 19 Buckeyes' season-high 15 3-pointers in a 94-85 victory over No. 22 Michigan on Thursday night.

The win, the Buckeyes' first at Crisler Arena since 2002, moved Ohio State (17-3, 6-3) into a three-way tie with Michigan State and Illinois for second place in the Big Ten. The teams trail Iowa by a half-game.

"We haven't beaten a top-20 team on the road in the year-and-a-half since I've been here," Matta said. "That's a goal we've always had and it's nice to see it happen."

Chris Hunter's three-point play gave Michigan a 73-70 lead with 8:45 to play, but Ohio State answered with a 14-2 run, during which it was 7-for-7 from the field, to go ahead for good.

Center Courtney Sims had 26 points, a career-high 16 rebounds and four blocks for the Wolverines (16-5, 6-4), who lost consecutive games for the first time this season. He was not a factor late in the game, however, as the Buckeyes made it hard for him to get the ball in the post.

"We had some critical turnovers late in the game," Michigan coach Tommy Amaker said, "and some of those were when we were trying to get the ball to Courtney."

Ohio State scored 10 points off Michigan's 15 turnovers. Four of them came on breakaway dunks during the Buckeyes' decisive run.

Michigan guard Dion Harris had 14 points before spraining his right ankle with 8:29 to play. He never returned to the game and Ohio State seized on Michigan's instability in the backcourt.

"He was having a great game," Buckeyes guard Ron Lewis said of Harris, "but after he left, we knew we had to keep pressuring them.

"We forced some turnovers and got some baskets."

Harris, who was helped off the court, was scheduled to be evaluated early Friday.

The Wolverines led 21-8 early in the game before the Buckeyes heated up. Ohio State hit 12 of 16 3-pointers in the first half, including nine of its last 10, and led 49-43 at the half. Matta called a timeout when the lead hit double digits to calm his team down.

"We told the players to relax and do what we do," he said. "Don't panic."

The Big Ten's second-best 3-point shooting team didn't, and promptly got itself back into the game.

"They were good shots," Matta added. "Even the long ones were good looks and we were able to get them to go in."

In the second half, Ohio State was 19-for-27 (70 percent) from the floor as it got better production in the frontcourt.

The Buckeyes' 15 3-pointers were their most this season and marked the second time in as many games Michigan surrendered more than 10. Iowa made 13 3-pointers in Saturday's 94-66 win over the Wolverines.

Je'Kel Foster added 17 points for the Buckeyes, who also got 14 from Lewis and 13 from J.J. Sullinger.

Michigan forward Brent Petway left the game nine minutes into the second half after aggravating a ribcage injury. He did not return and is day-to-day. The Wolverines also were without swingman Lester Abram, who missed his second straight game with an injured left ankle. Amaker said he will not play Saturday at Purdue.

Daniel Horton had 15 points and 10 assists for Michigan and Ron Coleman scored 15 points.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well Goddamnit I'm pumped for the season to start. Revenge against Texas sounds mighty sweet. And Troy could win the Heisman this year IMO.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only problem with Troy will be Ted Ginn Jr.

Personally...he's the guy that should be talked about...but of course...now Troy Smith is the next fucking Vince Young...

blah...blah...blah...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only problem with Troy will be Ted Ginn Jr.

Personally...he's the guy that should be talked about...but of course...now Troy Smith is the next fucking Vince Young...

blah...blah...blah...
    Teddy Ginn is amazing theres no doubt about that. It's like what happened with USC last year, You had Bush and Leinert both deserved the Heisman in different ways.

I'm curious as to were Troy will go in the draft, I know where Ginn is going he's a first rounder for sure. It would be nice if the Browns picked up some more home grown players namely one of those two next year, The whole idea of Troy Smith at QB for us makes me smile, Though I doubt it.
    Last edited by Unchainme; 07-17-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...I like Smith...but his size will hurt him...

I can see him going 2nd or 3rd round...and actually...I fucking guarantee you that Pittsburgh will look at him as a "slash" type player.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...I like Smith...but his size will hurt him...

I can see him going 2nd or 3rd round...and actually...I fucking guarantee you that Pittsburgh will look at him as a "slash" type player.
    (pukes)

No more OSU players on your guys's team . He would work in Cleveland quite nicely, That is IF Frye totally sucks.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't see him fitting the type of passer that could run that New England style offense...

and really don't see him running an NFL offense. I don't know though...we'll see...

to me...he's a limited NFL guy at QB...but sky's the limit...playing a hybrid position...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, OSU dominated that game last night...a good first half...

Texas scores a TD on a bullshit call...or it would have been 14-3 at the half...

Texas wasn't the #2 team...or...OSU was just that much better...

OSU can be run on...which should make the Mich matchup that much more interesting...

but their offense...wow...

looking forward to the Big 10...and Penn State...it will be interesting watching OSU play PSU, and compare the game to Notre Dame...

who has some kind of D out of nowhere...

game on...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Texas was way overrated, I mean, c'mon, they lose a player of Vince Young's caliber and a rookie QB is starting for them and they're still #2 in the country? They needed several games against lesser competition for McCoy to get comfortable and gain some confidence before playing a team like Ohio St...it was too soon. I'm not surprised with last night's result...starting McCoy against Ohio St this early in the season was about like throwing a fresh piece of meat to a pit full of hungry lions!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...but they returned what...16 starters?...18?...all in all...they are going to beat most teams...

Texas' mistake was throwing the ball as much as they did...they should have ran it all night long...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Texas was very overrated but you Texas homers still thought they would challenge for a national title, give me a break. I said before they were going to lose because of inexperience at QB, and that's what happened.

I do kinda laugh at how the media is hyping OSU as the greatest thing since sliced bread after 2 weeks. Nobody knows where anybody is right now, let's talk in about 6 weeks.

And actually SC had 4 guys deserving of the Heisman last year Unchainme, I think it was pretty clear-cut at the end who really deserved it though. I think you will see that at OSU too if they're still in the hunt come November.
    Last edited by Brett; 09-10-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    kind of like they hyped USC last year...and every year for the past three?

Bottom line...their offense is second to none...they can run...they can pass...

their defense has a major whole...run defense...which will shore up...because of the athletes and depth that they have...Tressel's a Defensive coach...and they did stop a team that scored 40 points a game for what...12 in a row...to one td...and it should have been 1 FG.

can they run the table? I don't know...the Big 10 is the toughest conference in the nation...so chances aren't good...

but I think they will...

Funny...wasn't I THE ONE preaching about the pre-season polls over the past few years?

and Brett...in NO WAY....is OSU being hyped even HALF as much as USC over the past few years...lmfao...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have no problem ranking a team that returns 16 starters in the top 5...

I think everyone expects the first five weeks or so to shuffle things around a bit...and I concur Brett...Texas sure has some holes to fill with Young being gone, and a freshman no less.

Look at Notre Dame...

hell...look at USC...and OSU...

OSU has PSU and Iowa coming up...PSU at home...Iowa on the road in a night game.

If they get by Iowa...then Tressell starts setting up for Michigan...gotta get that run D together...or Hart will eat them alive...

IMO...if Notre Dame runs the table with their schedule...they should ultimately be #1...but I don't think they'll run the table. I think you'll see someone rape them on offense...I do think their defense is overrated now...we shall see though...should be fun...I think there are 10 teams or so that could challenge...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not even going to argue with you, it's not worth it and I can't possibly win the argument in this thread on or on this board, so I won't
    try.

But comparing USC's 34 game winning streak to OSU being #1 after two weeks is rather ridiculous don't you think? And yes they are being hyped by the media, and that's fine. But please don't say otherwise.

USC earned all the hype don't you think? What they haven't proven it on the field? So you discount the run because of a loss last year by three points in a crazy game? You don't think in the last 5 years, they haven't been the best college football program in the country, 48-4?

If I have to sit and seriously debate that with you Pojo, then there is no hope.
    Last edited by Brett; 09-10-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And how do you know what holes USC has this year, they've played ONE game!!?!?! And dominated it no less on both sides of the ball.

That's why I don't how you can say who is #1 yet, or where anybody is. Texas could drop 3 more games by November, then they were hardly the same #2 Texas that beat USC right?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So...you are saying that because of a win streak the year before...

they should be ranked #1 the following year?

Is that not the same as a preseason ranking?

Was there not a year that there were 3 teams undefeated? What would have happened had USC been ranked LOWER in the preseason polls than Auburn and LSU???

You mention 34 game winning streak (which ended at the end of the year...not the beginning...by the way), which leads right into a precursor of prerankings.

Now...OSU hype.

1. If you tell me you heard more about OSU than Notre Dame at the beginning of this year...you are lying.

2. I don't live in Ohio anymore...and I hear NOTHING about OSU down here in ACC-land. As a matter of fact...last week...they had a paragraph in the paper...Virginia Teach...about 300 miles away...had half a page.

The ONLY reason why OSU is ranked #1 is because the returned nearly everyone to their offense that bitchslapped Notre Dame last year. Had they played ANYONE else in a bowl game...ANYONE...WVU, Oklahoma...FSU...

I guarantee you that you don't see them at #1...

bottom line is they have a good QB...and a good WR that are both up for Heisman. They have a 9 game winning streak, and haven't lost a game by more than 6 points in 2 years. Of course...

you mention a 1 game winning streak against Texas.

I THOUGHT USC was a great team, and said as much.

I am relatively certain...that if you would just shut up for a second...you could fucking admit for once in your life that the world isn't against fucking USC...

and that fucking OSU is one badass team.

But no...

it's all the media...

it's not even an argument...

especially since I hate preseason polls...and literally think there are 10 teams that could have a shot.

I personally believe that WVU COULD be the only undefeated team by the end of the year because of strength of schedule.

I've said that OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

I've seen to many top 5 OSU teams lose dumb games throughout the year to cost them a shot at the national title to convincingly say they'll EVER do it.

You let the games speak for themselves. They beat a damn good Texas team. People that like OSU will say that Texas has 16 returnees off a team that won the national title and had the nation's longest winning streak.

People that have their $$$ in another corner will say Texas lost Vince Young, and shouldn't even be ranked.

Whatever...

but if you say that OSU is a media-hype, and that is all...then you are wrong.

They are a damn fine football team...and god willing...

will find themselves across the field from USC at the end of the year...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and I DON'T know USC's holes...because I DON'T fucking care. They are one of a bunch of teams that could win it all...and if we PLAY THEM...at the end of the year...I'm sure we'll all find out their holes...

and just a statement...

anyone that doesn't realize that Texas isn't far less than what they were because Young was gone is kidding themselves...

Jesus Christ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    When the fuck did I say anything derogatory about USC?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OSU home and home series...

2008 and 2009...USC

2009 and 2010...Miami (FL)

rumors have another Notre Dame home and home after that...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    Texas was very overrated but you Texas homers still thought they would challenge for a national title, give me a break. I said before they were going to lose because of inexperience at QB, and that's what happened.

Still sore about the Rose Bowl? I never thought they would challenge for a national title this year, in fact, in another thread I said they would not be near as good as they were last year, QB position being the main reason.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    And actually SC had 4 guys deserving of the Heisman last year Unchainme, I think it was pretty clear-cut at the end who really deserved it though.
    Yep, Vince Young.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like I said, I have little chance of winning an argument on this, so I'm not going to bother.

I do find it funny though that my friends who went to UCLA (which is basically all of them), and certainly have no love loss for USC, made it a point to mention to me how sad and lame the media is hyping OSU after two games into the season like they were SC during their 34-game winning streak. And trust me, they loathe USC more than anyone on this board does.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You Brett, are without a doubt in my mind, the most biased fan of anyone that I've ever met...bar none.

I don't necesarily think it's a bad thing...but you certainly see things the way you want to see them.

It's an absolute joke that you think OSU being #1 is a media hype and that's all...and absolute joke.

Of course...you follow that up by discussing "holes" for USC...which I, of course...have never mentioned.

I suppose when you lose your starting QB, a former Heisman trophy winner, your 2 starting tailbacks, one a former Heisman trophy winner...

you have a tendency to think that they aren't going to be quite as good as they've been in the past.

We all know they have as much talent as most teams over a 10 year period in one year, but even so...

Them not being ranked #1 makes a whole lot of sense...

like you said...Texas lost Young, and reloaded with 2 of the top young quarterback recruits over the past 5 years. Even so, they shouldn't be ranked #1.

You don't think losing Bush, White and Leinart, irregardless of the talent behind them, wouldn't require a couple of spot drop? Not to mention the fact that they lost far more players off their starting 22 than Texas.

As I've said from the start Mr. Selectively bias, OSU lost THEIR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD...all 3 linebackers, 2 corners and 2 safetys. In my estimation, that doesn't put them at #1. However, Troy Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. are two of the top 5-7 Heisman winners...their line is as stout as ever, and they have 2 tailbacks that could go over 1,000 yards if they get the carries...including the #1 recruit in the country last year.

It's a case as good as any.

I wouldn't expect USC or UCLA fans to sit up and say, "YEAH! OSU IS NUMBER 1!!!!!" Being that there has always been a bit of a Rose Bowl rivalry between the teams (and ps, I don't really want to get into the domination of OSU by Pac 10 teams in the Rose...that's a whole nother conversation).

I'm still trying hard to figure out what great injustive has been laid upon your USC team. So OSU being rated #1 is some slight to your Trojans? USC should be in first? Notre Dame? Georgia? Auburn? Please...tell me...

if not Ohio State...than who.

You talk about Texas ending somewhere out of the top 10. So now, we rank them according to where we think they'll END 10 weeks from now? What if Texas runs the table. Would you recant?

Doesn't the BCS take into account victories over the top 10 opponents? And doesn't the BCS still have 3 weeks before it's first poll?

You preface your comments with you have little chance of winning an argument in here.

When the fuck have I not listened to a comment you've made (not to mention all the fucking points I've conceded to you about Kobe, whether I agree or not)?

I don't agree with you about the media hype about OSU. I seem to recall 2002, when Miami U was being called one of the best offensive teams, and best college teams of all time. They had a streak of course, and OSU shut them down on offense. Yeah, they got a gift call at the end...no doubt. But according to the press, OSU wouldn't get within 2 TD's of them. All year long...it was Miami and nobody else.

I haven't heard ANY media outlet say with any conviction that OSU is a runaway #1. For fuck sake, they aren't even close to having even all the first place votes in ANY POLL!

Whenever I hear ANYTHING about OSU's offense (which is AS GOOD AS ANY IN THE NCAA), it's always a breath or two later we hear about how many they've lost in their defense. It's for sure, a cautionary tale.

Was the Texas v. OSU game hyped? Sure...of course. It was a 1 v. 2 match up...contrived or not. Is ABC supposed to say...hey, OSU might or might not be #1, and Texas...well...we just bumped them up to #2 for the matchup...

great way to sell a game if you ask me.

IMO...you can make a case over the past several years that there have been a fucking boatload of teams in #1 early because of their early season placement...including USC...and Miami...and damn near anyone that finishes the season with more than 2 teams undefeated...or with only 1 or less undefeated.

ANYONE that is even SAYING that OSU is being hyped as much as USC after their 34 game winning streak simply doesn't know their ass from their hole in the ground.

But of course, according to you apparently, every team that's number one JUST CAN'T LIVE UP TO YOU AND YOUR VAUNTED 34 game win streak.

This coming from a guy that says he doesn't believe in preseason or early season polls.

Of course...if that were true...A WINNING STREAK FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS wouldn't matter...

now would it.

Post a thread anywhere you want about it Brett.

It's ridiculous whereever you post it.

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DOWN WITH BIAS!!!!
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course...let's all listen to the same UCLA fans that were saying they had a chance to win the Pac 10 and beat USC last year...

lmfao...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You Brett, are without a doubt in my mind, the most biased fan of anyone that I've ever met...bar none.
    You just hurt my feelings....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry man...

lmfao...

but you aren't even close...

of course...you could start posting that OSU is riding a media machine as big as USC's...

wait...

how many games in a row did the win again?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course...let's all listen to the same UCLA fans that were saying they had a chance to win the Pac 10 and beat USC last year...

lmfao...
    UCLA fans are fucking imbeciles, yes.

This is what UCLA fans do period...and not just in football, it's in every sport, and they ALL do this.

1. If their team is shitty and they get smoked.

"Well of course, I knew we had no chance, big deal."

2. Or if they team is shitty and they somehow pull off an upset.

"I knew we had a chance to pull the upset, I knew we were underrated."

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All I am going to say to end the media bias discussion is this, and yes it probably belongs in the ND thread.

#4 Notre Dame beat #19 Penn St. 41-17 at home and moved up two spots to #2, right?

I'll almost guarantee that if USC (now ranked #4 in AP) slaughters #19 Nebraska this week at the Coliseum, that USC will not move up to #2, and probably not even to #3. You watch if it happens.

Thread Information