Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 1658

Thread: THE Ohio State University Chatter

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chryst was spectacular. after the Bucks got it to 21-18, that next drive is where Wisconsin won the game. to come out throwing the ball was gutsy and brilliant.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    Chryst was spectacular. after the Bucks got it to 21-18, that next drive is where Wisconsin won the game. to come out throwing the ball was gutsy and brilliant.
    You know...it's funny...

...right before that pass play...I was thinking, this game is ours, unless Wisconsin has the fucking balls to throw deep. Sure enough....boom...

The play calling was fucking flawless...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I believe he had a shot at taking the reigns in Iowa or Iowa State a few years back. I don't recall, but he has young (er) kids and wanted them to get through high school. I imagine he'll be a hot commodity (again) once that happens.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    I believe he had a shot at taking the reigns in Iowa or Iowa State a few years back. I don't recall, but he has young (er) kids and wanted them to get through high school. I imagine he'll be a hot commodity (again) once that happens.
    Or...if a big job comes up...say...Michigan...

Hard to say what they'll be looking for...

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Or...if a big job comes up...say...Michigan...

Hard to say what they'll be looking for...
    Lloyd Carr

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    great effort yesterday. I really wanted to see them give Purdue a bit of payback. finally get a shutout.

although the rest of the league didn't fall in the Buckeyes favor yesterday.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...the Buckeyes really are fucked...ahh well...roll over Iowa...Michigan...fuck it...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Yeah...the Buckeyes really are fucked...ahh well...roll over Iowa...Michigan...fuck it...
    LOL And I'm lovin every minute of it!

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    another steamroller win for the Bucks as they go into the bye week.

got some help from Iowa, but still need somebody to beat Wisconsin. right now a logjam with 4 teams tied with one conference loss (Wisc, OSU, Iowa, MSU). only one more game between any two of those teams (11/20 OSU at Iowa). unless we get some upsets, the Big Ten title is almost certain to be decided by the BCS.

if OSU beats Iowa, you would have Wisc, OSU, MSU all tied (since MSU and OSU don't play, none of three has beaten the other two)
    if Iowa beats OSU, you have Wisc, MSU, and Iowa (those three split against each other)

it will be interesting to see how the voters handle these.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's gotta be Wisconsin...if the three end up tied. The Miami loss doesn't help...so the Bucks will ultimately play less ranked teams, and have a loss to Wisconsin. They'll destroy Iowa...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah, the Canes aren't doing OSU any favors. although the voters moved them up to 8, the Bucks are stuck at 11 in the BCS. Nebraska and LSU passed OSU this week. and LSU didn't even play.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alright...you all have to love the balance...

Everyone is sucking off McGoin in the first half...and the whore stares down Ohio's sideline at the fucking SHOE...

That's not moxie...that's fucking idiocy...

The guy throws two TD's in the first half...the first that a Paterno team has ever had...then matches it in the second...er...two TD's FOR Ohio State!!!

Fuck you Penn State...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State got the defense rolling during the half...the sign of a well coached team. And the Ohio State offense is working too..running all over that D'...

I'm not happy with this game...but..I did predict 34-13 on my blog...and it's 31-14...so...not too shabby...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...McGoin is completely out of this game...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OSU finally woke up, but I really like McGloin, the walk-up sophomore..... Much more than the freshman....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State came out looking to stop the run...and PSU when intermediate...had them fulled all over the field...

They didn't adjust at halftime though...and tOSU did...that was the difference...

There were a few drops there as well...that didn't help his cause...

Yeah...McGroin looked good early...if he can figure things out...he could be a difference maker. It will be interesting to see what happens...should JoePa step down...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll take it as a quality win. big road test next week at Iowa (who's still a tough out, even with the loss yesterday). end of the day, though, Wisconsin needs to lose to somebody.

dare we root for Michigan next week? ugh.

I think you have to put Wisconsin as the best one-loss team in the country right now.

the interesting thing, nationally, is how the voters are using the OSU-Wisc head-to-head matchup, but ignoring the Wisc-MSU result.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...if Wisconsin rolls undefeated...I'm pretty okay finishing behind them. There's no doubt we're a better team than Michigan St....too bad we didn't get Northwestern or Sparty on the schedule though...would have helped for sure.

The interesting thing about yesterday's game is how similar it was to the Wisconsin game to start. The ONLY difference, in my opinion, is that Penn State isn't as good as Wisconsin, and that we were playing at home.

We come out like that in a bowl game...and it's all over...especially if we win out and play LSU...

Penn State had no business being in that game.

It does make you wonder about Tressel's game planning. Obviously, with that staff's back to the wall, they can alter strategy at half time...but damn...off a bye week...

Of course, I think Tress' record after a bye before last night was 2 and 4...or something like that.

Either way...a win is a win...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Honestly, I can't wait until next year, when all the second-guessing goes away, then the Buckeyes can play for a Big 10...or Big 11...or 12..or whatthefuckever it's gonna be title.

No running game, bad special teams... You don't win the NC that way.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    Honestly, I can't wait until next year, when all the second-guessing goes away, then the Buckeyes can play for a Big 10...or Big 11...or 12..or whatthefuckever it's gonna be title.

No running game, bad special teams... You don't win the NC that way.
    The problem isn't their running game...they can run...I just think the offense is some sort of fucked up hybrid between the power I and some sort of fucking dumb-ass spread. When Pryor doesn't execute, this team stumbles...

It's an idiotic offense...to be honest...

Now the special teams...you have got to be fucking kidding me...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had to share this, made me laugh so fucking hard I wet myself.

OMAHA, Neb. -- Maurice Clarett's football comeback was a success, certainly to him.

Clarett says he would gladly spend another year with the United Football League's Omaha Nighthawks if they want him back. He feels lucky to have played anywhere and been given a chance to rebuild his life after being incarcerated for 3½ years.

"In January I was in prison, and now I've completed a professional football season," Clarett said in an interview with The Associated Press before Omaha's season finale Friday night. "I would absolutely say I could never ever have thought of being at this place. It's a blessing from God, and I take it that way."

The 27-year-old Clarett hadn't played competitively since he led Ohio State to the 2002 national championship. He was suspended by the NCAA for taking improper inducements and failed to make it in the NFL.

He pleaded guilty in 2006 to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon in connection with a holdup outside a Columbus bar, and wound up behind bars.

By all accounts, Clarett has been a model citizen in Omaha.

Nighthawks general manager Rick Mueller, a former executive for the New Orleans Saints and Jacksonville Jaguars, said the team probably will put Clarett on the team's protected list. That means no one would be allowed to pick him in the next UFL expansion draft. The UFL has said it hopes to add three teams in 2011.

"His arrow is on the rise," Mueller said. "He's going to get nothing but better from here on out. I'm glad we had him."

NFL draft consultant Gil Brandt, a former Dallas Cowboys executive, said it would be a long shot for an NFL team to bring in Clarett next year.

"When you're out of circulation for a while, it takes more than a year to get back," Brandt said. "The thing that always impressed me about Clarett is that I think basically he's a good guy. I don't think what's happened with the robbery was vintage Clarett.

"But I don't think anybody will take a chance on him. Statistically, he hasn't shown enough for anyone to go overboard and take somebody who has that kind of baggage and then is 27 years old."

Clarett didn't get much playing time early in the eight-game season as he worked his way into football shape. He became a bigger part of the game plan the past couple games as top running back Ahman Green battled injury. He went into the Nighthawks' final game with just 25 carries for 85 yards and 11 catches for 92 yards.

After the season, Clarett will head back to Columbus, where he'll live with his girlfriend, Ashley Evans, and their 4-year-old daughter, Jayden. He's enrolled for the spring semester at Ohio State. He said he's two years from completing his degree in gerontology. He'll also continue working out at OSU to prepare for next season.

Clarett said his time in prison matured him.

"Any time you have a period of that much isolation, and you reflect on your life and the decisions that brought you to the place you're at, it's going to do one of two things," he said. "You're going to stay stuck in the same place or you're going to evaluate and figure out how to get better. In my case, I had responsibility. I had a daughter. I decided to grow up and accept responsibility for the things I've done and move forward."

Mueller said Clarett eagerly participated in the team's community projects. Clarett especially enjoyed visiting the Boys and Girls Club in a hardscrabble area of north Omaha.

He spent much of his time in the club's education center helping boys with their homework and proofing math problems, said Paul Haskell, the club's director of marketing.

"You could really tell that's where he felt his place was," Haskell said. "I could tell he definitely wanted to be there."

Clarett said Omaha fans and people on the street have been welcoming, which initially surprised him.

"It's obvious I had some public struggles, but they recognize me, we speak and it's cool," he said.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards in 2002, helping Ohio State to its first national championship in 34 years. He scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime of a dramatic Fiesta Bowl victory over top-ranked Miami.

He was ruled ineligible the following year for taking extra benefits worth thousands of dollars. He sued to enter the NFL draft early, before he was out of high school for three years, but lost in court.

He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2005, but he reported to camp out of shape, injured his groin and was cut before the season started. He spent the last 4½ months of his prison sentence in a dormitory-style facility in Columbus that serves as a transition for those getting out of prison.

"He's not proud of where he's been," Mueller said, "but he's learned from it and wants to show everybody he's a different person."

Clarett said prison humbled him and that he doesn't presume the NFL would want anything to do with him again.

"I just deal with the reality of my situation," he said. "I pretty much don't get ahead of myself."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5824308

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5732686"/></object>

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Watch the video though...it's actually believable...if you have ten minutes...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It sounds good, I just lump him in with Vick, I don't really buy it yet but we will see. Still, as much as I can't stand him I do wish him luck and hope he really can get things turned around.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think he'll ever make it back to the NFL...which is the part I like about all of this...he's not taking any cash at all until after the season...

I wonder how he's paying for classes at Ohio State?

Rumor has it that Tress is footing the bill...of course...he makes about 800 million a year...so it's pocket change...but damn.

Yeah...nobody can't stand the guy as much as I can...talk about a let down...but he almost needed to crash and burn before he could become a better person...

He's definitely in the same class as Vick...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The difference is that Vick had several good years in the NFL...

Clarett...none...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    what a thriller today for the Bucks. great road Big Ten win at Iowa.

I was pissed at Tressel when he kicked that field goal in the 2nd qtr, but the Senator was right again, as that was the margin of victory.

I don't think I've ever seen that many drops on deep balls in one game. but they survived.

doesn't look like the Bucks will get any help to get back to the Rose Bowl, but another BCS game is certainly in the offing with a win next week.

which reminds me, it's officially Michigan week now, so MUCK FICHIGAN!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...and now we have another loud mouthed MichiSuck fan modding this joint...

Should be an interesting week...

Christ...I hope Musberger isn't working this game next week...he'll be licking Robinson's crack all game long.

I hear he has moxie...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was a weird game today...

Funny about that first deep ball drop...he had his head nearly taken the fuck off...should have been a penalty with his hand on his face mask....

he dropped two others though...

and fucking Posey's drop (actually turned out to be a good thing...ran more time off) nearly sent me into a fucking tailspin.

DS is their only lockdown receiver...what a catch he made that led to the score....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And Matt fucking Millen...are you fucking kidding me...

at one point...he was singing backstreet boys...

no shit...

fucking painful...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    how is Matt Millen employed anywhere but a used car lot? ZERO credibility.

even Dane dropped one today.

I don't know how they missed the facemask call on Brown's first drop. the second one, he got the old aligator arms in traffic.

you're right, though, that Posey's drop actually helped. I was surprised that Tressel went for it on 4th-and-10 with 4 minutes left and all 3 TO's. but it all worked out.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hey, we forgot to talk Buckeye hoops. Sullinger is a BEAST. they look like they might be, amazingly enough, better than last year after losing the national POTY. much more balance with the legit inside scoring threat.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's interesting how much they play their youth in games that don't matter...like yesterday. Deshaun Thomas is their best "crap team" player...taking advantage of the minutes...17 points and 7 boards.

I don't like how Lauderdale just disappears...and I really worry about foul trouble against good team. Still...by tourney time...I think they are going to be deep...and scary good.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In the end...Sully's going to be a better player than Turner was.

As good as Turner was...there were points in games where he turned into a hole...where it was the Evan Turner show.

He could distribute...for sure...but there were times when he just didn't...

Sullinger is a beast inside...a pure post up guy...what they were missing last year...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it's 10:38 and Michigan still sucks!

old Mr. Bowtie, E. Gordon Gee, got himself some attention today. he went and called the shit schools in the WAC and MWC the "Little Sisters of the Poor." of course, it pissed off all the sisters.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    it's 10:38 and Michigan still sucks!

old Mr. Bowtie, E. Gordon Gee, got himself some attention today. he went and called the shit schools in the WAC and MWC the "Little Sisters of the Poor." of course, it pissed off all the sisters.
    11:53, and this just in...Michigan STILL sucks...

and I'm not sure it was a good thing that Gee said that...even though it's true...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not a bad video...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqYdUsOSrWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqYdUsOSrWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brutus messing with a Michigan fan...

when the tOSU fans couldn't take it anymore...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eb7Ed68I074?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eb7Ed68I074?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We will score on the suckeyes! Our defense is the worst ever and I want r-rod fired so the suckeye bastards need to win but we will put some TDs on the board.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You must mean, "He will score some touchdowns."

Now, if you can figure out a way for shoestrings to play every position...

The game could be interesting...

Thread Information