Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,440 of 1658

Thread: THE Ohio State University Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...Miller was a stud last year...and that state title game was outstanding...even though they lost.

Watch out for Cardale Jones from Glenwood...Miller is the sure stud of camp...but I hear this kid Jones is a sleeper...

He's huge, and a lot of folks have been comparing the situation to Justin Zwick/Troy Smith (although Zwick was the BIG QB, and Smith the scamperer back them)...

Miller may be the stud...but Jones may sneak up on him...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course...I think Jones is going to attend prep school this year...so he won't join Ohio State until 2012...

Miller will get snaps in the first five...with Bauserman...for sure...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There are reports that Jim Tressel knew about the gear sales in April, long before the season even started.

While they are just reports...and I'll be curious to find out who the source is...

if they turn out to be true...Tressel should be fucking fired...

...period...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    if they turn out to be true...Tressel should be fucking fired...

...period...
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So...who does THE Ohio State University turn to to head up the program, should this turn out to be true?

Has Tress earned enough bank with regards to alumni to hold onto his job if this turns out to be true? If it IS true, it's a MAJOR violation, and there will be a shitload of problems in the coming years...including a loss of games for this past season, although I could see tOSU having a leg to stand on, since the NCAA themselves didn't even ban them from the fucking bowl game.

Either way, I'm sure they'll lose scholarships and be banned from bowl games...

That said...Urban Meyer's name should start swirling around before too long...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think he'd say yes now...but give it a year or two...and he'd likely consider it...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rich Rod is available lol

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Tressel could actually kill someone, and still have more morals than Rich Rodriguez...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This "punishment" is a joke and so is the NCAA. 2 games? That man who name I will not say make some phone calls, I do admit it was a buttload, and Indiana's basketball team was destroyed. Recruiting limits. No one took a dime. These guys get suspended? The Sweater should be fired, but alas, he wins so O$U keeps him.

Joke....
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So...who does THE Ohio State University turn to to head up the program, should this turn out to be true?.
    Dave Wannstadt is available....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The NCAA threw a fit about Michigan's practice habits and something like this gets a lousy 2 game suspension? Fuck the NCAA to.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only reason Tressel kept his fucking job is because he DID tell the AD in April. In the press conference, he was asked if he turned the e-mails over to anyone else on the University staff, and he immediately starts nodding. Before he can say anything, the AD jumps in and says no.

I'll bet you money that Tressel DID do what he was supposed to, but is now jumping on the land mine, hoping that he can keep the sanctions to a minimum for the kids he coaches.

A coach covering up is bad...but a whole administration covering up is worse (which I believe happened).

Now...as per the self-imposed sanctions that is causing the ruckus in here...they aren't NCAA sanctions. I firmly expect that the NCAA will (and should) strip tOSU of their 2010 wins, suspend Tressel for the spring, and as long as the players are suspended, and dock scholarships...

either way...tOSU is going to start getting killed in recruiting now...because the living room sell is now that Tressel is a cheat, and so is his program...

He needed to be fired...period...

especially after Rich Rodriguez came out rallying FOR HIM!

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Game-time.
    need this one fellas! hope they didn't peak too soon last game, keep up the momentum.

EUAS

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...Urban Meyer's name should start swirling around before too long...
    NO, NO, NO, Hell fucking NO.

Say what you want about his coaching, his championships, whatever....He doesn't run a respectable program IMO.
    I don't want him in Columbus!

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bye, bye, Sweatervest.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Watched the spring game..Braxton Miller looked sharper than TP did his first 2 seasons, and he hasn't even been to class yet! Taylor Graham looked pretty damn tight. He can throw darts...with accuracy. They could go either way the first 5 games IMO and not miss a step without Pryor. If they do happen to lose one early, it's better to lose early. They can finish strong.

Rod Smith... as soon as the Eddie George/ Beanie Wells comparisons start flying his way, he rips off a 20-yard run......and puts the ball on the turf!

With Boom, Berry and Hall back there, he's going to have to impress the fuck out of the coaches if he wants on the field.

Defensively, it looked like they were picking on Bauserman intentionally...he was being smothered. I'm not sure why he still occupies a roster spot.
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    Bye, bye, Sweatervest.
    took a month, but yeah, he's resigning.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

anyone else is wasting time.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Notice he picked a slow news day when most everyone is off work and bbqing to make the announcement.

Jim Tressel tenders resignation

ESPN

Embattled coach Jim Tressel, two months after apologizing for fallout that resulted in suspensions for him and several of his players, has resigned from Ohio State.

"After meeting with university officials, we agreed that it is in the best interest of Ohio State that I resign as head football coach," Tressel said in a statement Monday morning. "The appreciation that Ellen and I have for the Buckeye Nation is immeasurable."

Assistant coach Luke Fickell, who had been named to fill in for Tressel during the first five games of the 2011 season in which he was to be suspended, will take over as the interim head coach, Ohio State said in the news release.

Tressel was entering his 11th season as head coach for the Buckeyes. He finishes with a 106-22 record at Ohio State (66-14 in the Big Ten). He won a national championship in 2002, seven Big Ten championships, including the past six, and had a 9-1 record against Michigan.

School president E. Gordon Gee announced Tressel's departure in a letter sent to Ohio State trustees.

"As you all know, I appointed a special committee to analyze and provide advice to me regarding issues attendant to our football program," the letter said, according to The Columbus Dispatch, which first reported Tressel's decision. "In consultation with the senior leadership of the University and the senior leadership of the Board, I have been actively reviewing the matter and have accepted Coach Tressel's resignation.

"My public statement will include our common understanding that throughout all we do, we are one university with one set of standards and one overarching mission," Gee wrote in the letter, according to the Columbus newspaper. "The University's enduring public purposes and its tradition of excellence continue to guide our actions."

The news comes two weeks after Buckeyes athletic director Gene Smith affirmed his support for the coach amid an ongoing NCAA investigation for rules violations.

"We look forward to refocusing the football program on doing what we do best -- representing this extraordinary university and its values on the field, in the classroom, and in life," Smith said in the statement. "We look forward to supporting Luke Fickell in his role as our football coach. We have full confidence in his ability to lead our football program."

At the Big Ten spring meetings earlier this month, Smith -- while declining to discuss any details of an ongoing NCAA investigation of Tressel -- said his outlook toward the coach's position hadn't wavered.

"Oh, definitely, no question," Smith had said. "I haven't changed, I haven't changed. But I'm not talking about the case beyond that."

Smith noted last month in an interview with The Associated Press that Tressel should have apologized at a March 8 news conference, where Tressel first acknowledged he failed to notify Ohio State officials of emails he received about some of his players receiving improper benefits. In late March, during an almost hour-long news conference, Tressel apologized for letting people down and acknowledged that some may view him as a cheater.

Smith has also talked about the high legal costs Ohio State is dealing with, calling the ongoing NCAA situation "a nightmare."

Tressel also received support at the spring meetings from fellow coaches such as Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald, as well as from Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne, a longtime friend.

"Coaches are great," Tressel said. "They understand all the challenges everyone has. It's good to be with them."
    Last edited by chefcraig; 05-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post

anyone else is wasting time.
    i bet tomorrow's Ashtabula Star Beacon has at least one story about what Meyers' family and friends in 'Bula think he's going to do.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    i bet tomorrow's Ashtabula Star Beacon has at least one story about what Meyers' family and friends in 'Bula think he's going to do.
    just think him taking over the program would be pretty amazing. What a story that would be. He possibly, wrecked in my mind the 2nd greatest season in TOSU history (98 was first), and to have him take over and make things right, and install an actual good offense at TOSU would be refreshing.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He has a heart problem, and a bigger problem with discipline on his teams than Tress. How would Meyer be an improvement?

I'd rather see tOSU be a mediocre team than turn into the next ThugU.

I'm still not sold on the idea that Tress "knew" what was happening, simply by getting an email.
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-30-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post

I'd rather see tOSU be a mediocre team than turn into the next ThugU.
    I'd agree, for any school that considered hiring Meyer. It is fairly fascinating to realize that this guy somehow made the University of Miami look like a charm school next to the Gators. In the past 5 years, Meyer had over 30 students arrested on his watch, compared to 2 for UM.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He possibly, wrecked in my mind the 2nd greatest season in TOSU history (98 was first)
    That distinction belongs to the 1969 Michigan team..

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I'd agree, for any school that considered hiring Meyer. It is fairly fascinating to realize that this guy somehow made the University of Miami look like a charm school next to the Gators. In the past 5 years, Meyer had over 30 students arrested on his watch, compared to 2 for UM.
    To their credit though, the U were able to get it done on the field with several different coaches over the years. It was their on-field demeanor that rubbed me the wrong way...unsporting. It was only a matter of time that it followed them off the field, and being in that area of south Fla., with that many "distractions", it could have been worse.

UF got to that point very quickly under Meyer.

That's not the ONLY reason I don't want him in Columbus,.......he can't beat Mishitgan.

That matters more than any non-playoff NC. Trust me.

That said, Meyer doesn't deserve as much credit for the 2006 NC win as he's been given....an over-confident Buckeyes squad that had beaten 3 teams in the top 5 that season went into that game thinking they were bulletproof, and that UF was going to lay down for them. The Gators had a HUGE chip on their shoulders. It was evident during UF's first drive. tOSU committed more PF's than they had all season. Then Tress abandoned the running game...they got hammered.
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    To their credit though, the U were able to get it done on the field with several different coaches over the years. It was their on-field demeanor that rubbed me the wrong way...unsporting. It was only a matter of time that it followed them off the field, and being in that area of south Fla., with that many "distractions", it could have been worse.
    Ironically, it was that on-field demeanor that led to the program being cleaned up in the last 5 years.

It will be interesting to see what Al Golden does. This team goes back and forth every few years, based upon whatever the athletic director's coin flip decides: A competitive team with zero discipline (the thugs), or a low scoring, non-achieving roster with zero arrests. There is no in between.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    fuck you sweater vest, go rot somewhere you shady asshole.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    fuck you sweater vest, go rot somewhere you shady asshole.
    hey, when was the last time you beat the bucks? 03 was it? ...1903 that is.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    2001 Michigan 20 Ohio State 26 Ann Arbor
    2002 Michigan 9 Ohio State 14 Columbus
    2004 Michigan 21 Ohio State 37 Columbus
    2005 Michigan 21 Ohio State 25 Ann Arbor
    2006 Michigan 39 Ohio State 42 Columbus
    2007 Michigan 3 Ohio State 14 Ann Arbor
    2008 Michigan 7 Ohio State 42 Columbus
    2009 Michigan 10 Ohio State 21 Ann Arbor
    2010 Michigan 7 Ohio State 37 Columbus

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who leads the all time series? Remember the Cooper years? Michigan owned the Suckeyes so bad they hired a shady coach and are in line for some pretty nasty sanctions. If you call that winning so be it, we still have the overall lead

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And really, check the history of the rivalry, the Suckeyes don't even hold the longest win streak in the series.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who leads the all time series? Remember the Cooper years? Michigan owned the Suckeyes so bad they hired a shady coach and are in line for some pretty nasty sanctions. If you call that winning so be it, we still have the overall lead
    Michigan then hired a just as shady coach and still couldn't do a thing against the Bucks .

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Michigan then hired a just as shady coach and still couldn't do a thing against the Bucks .
    Really? Practice gate is the same as this? At least you are backing your statements up with facts
    Enjoy the sanctions.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Double post, the forum hates me
    Last edited by TFM_Dale; 05-30-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: The usual

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2 this is a good read, would post the story but using my iPad so just the link is easier lol

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really? Practice gate is the same as this?
    No, practice gate is worse. That's something YOUR coach did KNOWING it was an NCAA violation.

Just because reporters start throwing words like "cheating", "recieiving money" and "ineligible" into a story about a few knuckleheads trading jerseys and jewlery that belonged to them for some ink, doesn't mean tOSU was "cheating". MiSHITgan was cheating. Ohio State had a few players that broke NCAA rules on their own, and Tressel is taking the bullet. That's it.

If I send an email to RichRod saying that Shoestrings robbed a bank, does that mean RichRod "knows"? Fuck no, it doesn't..not until some hard evidence is presented to back it up. Tressel didn't have any evidence until the memorabilia was confiscated from the tattoo shop owners' home.

He gets an email in April, probably asked the students in question about it, and they say, "no, coach, not me". Then they find the jerseys and shit months later, and because it WAS true, he "knew". WTF??

It's bullshit. He's a fucking football coach, not Sherlock fucking Holmes!

Whenever the press decides to do a story on this, they leave out important details like the ones I just laid out, because they WANT someone to burn at the stake. And for that, I have to thank Terelle Pryor and the rest of the assholes that couldn't live another day without a tattoo, for making this possible.

Enjoy the sanctions.
    Enjoy your decade-long view of the Big 10 from the bottom of the pile.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Wolverqueens haven't won 7 in-a-row against tOSU since 1909. The Buckeyes are currently on 7 and counting. Live in the now. Games that were played before your Great-Grandfather was born are the only thing you freaks have to hang your hat on now?

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who made that illiterate fuck a moderator?

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cooper wasn't 1907 and we owned the Suckeyes then, the sweater vest has had cover ups and shady dealings at every coaching stop, just look it up before rambling on some more. All you are hanging your hat on is seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions. I'll ignore the illiterate fuck remark, if you want to have a conversation that is based in reality and facts I'll be more then happy to join you. If you want to call names comb your local high school and find a taker there.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cooper wasn't 1907 and we owned the Suckeyes then, the sweater vest has had cover ups and shady dealings at every coaching stop, just look it up before rambling on some more. All you are hanging your hat on is seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions. I'll ignore the illiterate fuck remark, if you want to have a conversation that is based in reality and facts I'll be more then happy to join you. If you want to call names comb your local high school and find a taker there.
    Mishitgan NRVER won 7 in a row after 1909. Period. Cooper or not.

Okay then...you want to talk about reality and facts?? Show us some! You haven't got any! All you've done is put the dick all over this thread with the typical Mishitgan bitterness. You haven't added a goddamed thing to this thread, which by the way, is about tOSU, not about how much YOU hate them! If the only purpose of you posting in it is to stir shit up, you've succeeded. Good for you. Don't tell me I have to provide you with facts when I already have.

YOU on the other hand, have not. And as a fucking mod, you should know better.

And I could give a fuck less about what "remark" you chosse to "ignore". You're a fuckin' troll-bag with down syndrome. How many times are you going to misspell "to" as in "I want some to"

Dumbass..

Now share some of those "facts".. I'm waiting...

Thread Information