Results 1,441 to 1,480 of 1658

Thread: THE Ohio State University Chatter

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions? For players trading personal items for tattoos? Not ridiculous at all.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ranting about the use of to while misspelling plenty of words of your own, interesting. Ok, facts, Michigan leads the all time series 57-44-6. I don't blame you for ignoring the history of the rivalry but kind of hard to do when you are talking about Michigan vs. The Suckeyes. More facts, As coach at Youngstown State in the mid-1990s, sweater vest claimed to not know that his star quarterback had received a car and more than $10,000 from a school trustee and his associates -- even though it was later established in court documents that Tressel had told the player to go see the trustee. Now this shit storm with the Suckeyes. Michigan beat your boys so bad during the Cooper era they hired a known cheater to fix things, fact is you guys deserve whatever the NCAA hands down for having such scum on your payroll. Rich-Rod is a douche and wrecked the roster but at least we aren't the center of scandal in NCAA football. Hell, even your boy Pryor is being investigated now on top of everything else. Turn a blind eye and rant all you want, practice gate isn't shit compared to what is coming the Suckeyes way.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    Seasons that could be wiped out by NCAA sanctions? For players trading personal items for tattoos? Not ridiculous at all.
    Maybe you should check out the latest news, that is just a part of what is going on.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    As coach at Youngstown State in the mid-1990s, sweater vest claimed to not know that his star quarterback had received a car and more than $10,000 from a school trustee and his associates -- even though it was later established in court documents that Tressel had told the player to go see the trustee.
    Proof? Where is it? Where is the proof that Tressel KNEW what was happening with the tattoos? There isn't any. No more allegations or wishful thinking on your part, please. Wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.

The fact that you pretend to know more about Tressel and Ohio State than you actually do about your own favorite shit team speaks volumes.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YEAH! Mich. State is gonna beat the shit out of the fuckeyes!!!

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe you should check out the latest news, that is just a part of what is going on.
    Try checking out the latest FACTS. The media is making an example out of Tress because they can. No true Buckeye fan will be dissappointed if Pryor never wears scarlet and gray again. They know what's really happening. Most everything that's been reported concerning Tressel has been speculation. Very little of it has been based on fact.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YEAH! Mich. State is gonna beat the shit out of the fuckeyes!!!
    Dantonio might be coming back...so....

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ranting about the use of to while misspelling plenty of words of your own, interesting.

I'm sorry, but I can't let this one slide...

Yeah, I may have misspelled something somewhere along the way...

But not a simple word like "too"....over and over...and over again.

Do me a favor. NEVER bring that up again. My ribs hurt from laughing.
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-31-2011 at 07:10 PM.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sanctions or not, both MiSHITgan teams will get fucking hammered this year.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The more I read about this situation, the less I believe about it. Nature abhors a vacuum, and in order for the charges against Tressel to be true, he would have either have had to work within one, or (more likely) many people knew about how things were done and the man was told to fall on his sword in sacrifice. Either way, you are generally looking at a corrupt culture that allows such things to take place in the first place, so blaming this on just one guy is nothing short of absurd. Just look at the stories about Terrelle Pryor's stable of cars: Each one was validated through the university. At the same time, the various car dealerships have DOZENS of student autographed jerseys hanging in their showrooms.

But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does. What about the school president and the athletics director? Like anything else, I'd be willing to bet this fish stinks from the head down, and in the end, Jim Tressel will come out of this looking more like a sacrificial lamb than some sort of contemptible fraud.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I'm sorry, but I can't let this one slide...

Yeah, I may have misspelled something somewhere along the way...

But not a simple word like "too"....over and over...and over again.

Do me a favor. NEVER bring that up again. My ribs hurt from laughing.
    So we are still on denial and to, ok then. Reality will be hitting you suckeye fans soon enough, deny it all you want. Fact is when you are talking about as many players breaking rules as we are now it is kind of hard to just blame the players, to say sweater vest had no idea is absurd and nobody but the blind follower suckeye fans are even trying that excuse anymore.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The more I read about this situation, the less I believe about it. Nature abhors a vacuum, and in order for the charges against Tressel to be true, he would have either have had to work within one, or (more likely) many people knew about how things were done and the man was told to fall on his sword in sacrifice. Either way, you are generally looking at a corrupt culture that allows such things to take place in the first place, so blaming this on just one guy is nothing short of absurd. Just look at the stories about Terrelle Pryor's stable of cars: Each one was validated through the university. At the same time, the various car dealerships have DOZENS of student autographed jerseys hanging in their showrooms.

But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does. What about the school president and the athletics director? Like anything else, I'd be willing to bet this fish stinks from the head down, and in the end, Jim Tressel will come out of this looking more like a sacrificial lamb than some sort of contemptible fraud.
    I agree 100% the problem runs deeper then just sweater vest and the players, that is why the Suckeyes are fucked. Like the NCAA or not they are bending Ohio state over on this one.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So we are still on denial and to, ok then. Reality will be hitting you suckeye fans soon enough, deny it all you want. Fact is when you are talking about as many players breaking rules as we are now it is kind of hard to just blame the players, to say sweater vest had no idea is absurd and nobody but the blind follower suckeye fans are even trying that excuse anymore.

The reason you and so many like you are so eager to blame the Vest, is because he has owned you for so long. The head football coach count at Michisuck is now up to 3 in the past 5 years...all in an attempt to get a win against the mighty Buckeyes. FAIL. lol. You can hope for sanctions all you want, and even if sanctions are imposed, the Wolverweenies are STILL going to lose this year. 8 consecutive losses. That's something no Mishitgan squad has EVER done.

It must feel good fo finally be able to laugh about something besides the Mishitgan program, which has turned into a joke in itself, so enjoy it while you can....you won't be laughing come November.

Anyway...

Chef is correct. It is in fact hard to put the blame squarely on Tress' shoulders. There is plenty to go around. I would start with the 50 man compliance dept. that allowed Pryor to behave like a prima donna. Then I would blame Pryor. Then I would blame Tress....but not completely.

Pryor's actions put Tressel in a strange place. If he recieves an email about a possible infraction in April, does he run it to the compliance dept himself and begin an investigation? What if it happens to be a false allegation? He then drives a wedge between himself and the team, openly displaying a lack of trust. Because the fact is, at that point, he really didn't KNOW anything. Hindsight is always 20/20. The Vest is mostly guilty of trying to protect Pryor's future, and IMO, Pryor wasn't worth the risk. I think TP has shown what is really important to TP-himself.

Enjoy that big "O" tattoo with the buckeye leaves, Terrelle....You can look down on tha the rest of your life and remember how you destroyed a man's carreer.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's still hard to believe that this is all over something as trivial as trading personal items for some ink....no one got paid (scUM basketball), no one tried to extort money from the university for a scholarship (Newton), no one was guilty of academic ineligibility(FSU), no one beat their girlfriend (Arrington ), no one attempted to gouge out an opposing player's eye during a game (Spikes) or sucker-punch an opposing player (Blount), Eddie George and Troy Smith still have their Heisman trophies (Bush)...so, in comparison, all of this seems trivial....

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But focusing on one guy is exactly what the SI article does.
    SI isn't exactly a credible sports news source IMO...they only want to sell magazines...otherwise they wouldn't have an annual bikini issue.

They either do a hit piece, or a hype piece on select individuals...if they were a legitimate "investigative reporting" mag, they would have never published a story about how Tony Mandarich was going to be the greatest lineman ever, or that Jeff George would be the next Joe Montana, etc,...

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLE_bT_Zn7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLE_bT_Zn7U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:tongue0011:

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hated losing to App state but it was one Hell of a game to watch.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    SI isn't exactly a credible sports news source IMO...they only want to sell magazines...otherwise they wouldn't have an annual bikini issue.

They either do a hit piece, or a hype piece on select individuals...if they were a legitimate "investigative reporting" mag, they would have never published a story about how Tony Mandarich was going to be the greatest lineman ever, or that Jeff George would be the next Joe Montana, etc,...
    Way to much coming out from many sources for this to be nothing. I still say the Suckeyes are toast when this is all said and done, and with all the thugs able to join the supplemental draft and skip this next season we will be seeing a Michigan win this year, the perfect cherry on top to the end of the sweater vest era.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Way to much coming out from many sources for this to be nothing. I still say the Suckeyes are toast when this is all said and done, and with all the thugs able to join the supplemental draft and skip this next season we will be seeing a Michigan win this year, the perfect cherry on top to the end of the sweater vest era.
    I hardly agree with that last bit Dale. Not so much for the implied inevitability of a win, but for the reasoning behind it. It's like saying that Michigan will beat OS not because Michigan has improved, yet because OS is no longer quite so good. It's a somewhat defeatist argument, one stating more than anything that once the game is over, OS lost it, rather than Michigan won it.

Consider my being a Dolphins fan. We haven't sniffed the post-season in over a decade, despite having Jimmy Johnson, the creep Saban and Bill Parcells in charge. In that time, were the other teams better and more prepared than we were? Absolutely! You can not begrudge another team their success no matter how it is achieved, as it is simply poor sportsmanship. What Miami needs to do in the face of losing is to man-up, take accountability for the team's actions, learn from it's failures and move forward. To do otherwise gives far too much credit to the other team(s) in a backwardly, self-serving way.

Then again, Miami isn't really all that interested in winning games. We only appear to be competitive enough to keep the tickets selling and the merchandise moving, like several NFL teams. In that regard it's a business, not a sport...much like the NCAA. Look at the Marlins. The argument could be made that they make more money by losing. Paradoxical as it sounds, the team will be moving into a brand new stadium next season. For a great article about the ugly truth behind this little deal, check out Six lies about the Marlins stadium .

So I guess it all comes down to what the "management" of a team wants to accomplish. Just remember that accomplishment doesn't always equate to winning. After all, at this very moment the Knicks are seriously thinking about bringing back Isiah Thomas.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I haven't hid my thoughts on what Rich Rod has done to the team and how his ignoring the defense and especially the secondary has killed the Wolverines. It does suck that it takes this kind of scandal to even things back up again so fast but my point was with this happening Michigan will be rolling over the Suckeyes again sooner rather then later. I have no problem admitting that Ohio state has been the better team lately, it is obvious, doesn't mean I'll ever like it if it happens again and the fact that sweater vest and his staff were involved in cheating the rules does make the losing streak a little less painful, they had to cheat to build the teams that turned things around. Cosmic justice if you ask me considering we had to suffer through Bitch Rods dismantling of the team.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hardly agree with that last bit Dale. Not so much for the implied inevitability of a win, but for the reasoning behind it. It's like saying that Michigan will beat OS not because Michigan has improved, yet because OS is no longer quite so good. It's a somewhat defeatist argument, one stating more than anything that once the game is over, OS lost it, rather than Michigan won it.
    It's hard to explain to you, Craig, the absolute animosity tOSU fans/ MiSHITgan fans have towards each other...sometimes you have to suspend logic, as our friend Dale has done. The Buckeyes will be just fine this year without TP, trust me...Meatchicken doesn't stand a chance, sanctions or not. The success each school has against the other can make or break a season, and a coach....just ask John Cooper, LLLLLoyd Carr, and DickRod.

I still say the Suckeyes are toast when this is all said and done, and with all the thugs able to join the supplemental draft and skip this next season we will be seeing a Michigan win this year, the perfect cherry on top to the end of the sweater vest era.
    Let's make a bet then....I'll wager if the Buckeyes lose, I change my avatar to that shitty corn and blue for 1 month....if they win, you change yours to tOSU logo.....deal?

You really need to start a meatchicken chatter thread, Dale...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least you guys have college teams to root for. I went to a community college that didn't even have a tennis team at the time.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least you guys have college teams to root for. I went to a community college that didn't even have a tennis team at the time.
    You'd be suprised at how many other Ohio colleges have student/fans following tOSU that are apathetic toward their own teams....

My younger sister is an tOSU alumnus...her idiot husband is a Michigan fan...why? I have no Idea. Don't think I don't argue with that prick, family or not!

Wait...you live in Fla and don't have a college team to root for?

Shit, man...you could just pick one! Roll with the Bulls this year!
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 06-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It just strikes me as phony and front running to root for a college team you are not an alumnus of. The whole "We're #1!" piling on is truly comical around here. Every year, the day after the Super Bowl you see people with the winning team's stickers, plates and flags all over their cars. When you ask them if they are from the winning city, they usually say "No, never been there." And the same applies to other sports as well.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's hard to explain to you, Craig, the absolute animosity tOSU fans/ MiSHITgan fans have towards each other...sometimes you have to suspend logic, as our friend Dale has done. The Buckeyes will be just fine this year without TP, trust me...Meatchicken doesn't stand a chance, sanctions or not. The success each school has against the other can make or break a season, and a coach....just ask John Cooper, LLLLLoyd Carr, and DickRod.

Let's make a bet then....I'll wager if the Buckeyes lose, I change my avatar to that shitty corn and blue for 1 month....if they win, you change yours to tOSU logo.....deal?

You really need to start a meatchicken chatter thread, Dale...
    You got a bet.

I usually do 99% of my posting in the NFL/Fantasy Football thread but we know how that is going

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011060...xt%7CFRONTPAGE Pryor is bailing, won't take long for his idiot buddies to follow. Is it wrong I am hoping for a Theismann moment for the fuck head?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...I could really jump into this shit storm...but what's the point.

1. Jim Tressel should have been fired the second that he was caught lying. I said it then, and I said it now. Do I think he didn't say anything to "help the players." Yes. Do I think he did it to win? Yes. Either way, he lied, and in this era...you can't lie about minuscule bullshit like tattoo-gate.

2. Terrelle Pryor is a piece of shit, but he's a piece of shit that many of us wanted to come to Buckeye nation for many reasons...#1 ranked...Michigan wanted...name the reason. But no fucking way can you blame that bum for Tressel getting canned. Tressel made the choice, and got what...unfortunately...he deserved.

3. On Deeper allegations: Well...the car-gate was a fallacy. The SI article, written by a "pulitzer prize" author George Dohrman spoke about several potential recruiting violations...such as the cars and the "other players that traded shit for tatoos"...that are already proving to be false. The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles have found no laws were broken by any of the dealerships, and the investigation showed that the dealership didn't receive any memorabilia in exchange for cars. Ohio State stopped their own investigation of the cars...which could mean that the NCAA is likely satisfied with regards to the cars. An anonymous source also stated that nine other players received extra benefits. The lawyer for all nine players has collected much of the supposed memorabilia from those players. It seems as though this door might be closing as well. Much was made about Pryor's relationship with a "booster," Dennis Talbott, who supposedly gave Pryor thousands of dollars. Pryor won't be talking to the NCAA any time soon. Talbott has never been contacted by the NCAA.

I'm not saying that the NCAA won't come down on the Buckeyes...but so far...there's not a lot of meat other than the initial tatoo-gate, followed the the lie from Tressel.

Now ARE there deeper allegations? I'm sure if the NCAA dove into this investigation, they'd find shit. Hell, if they dove into Michigan...what would they find? If they dove into fucking Utah, or BumFuckUniversity...what would they find?

I'm not about to start weighing Tressel vs. that fucking carpetbagger RichRod...the past ten years of Buckeye football has been some of the best years in the universities history...because of Tressel. It's not like he outrecruited Cooper...cheating or not...but he sure as shit coached better than Cooper.

4. Recruiting...this is the big issue. I'm sure Michifuck and Michishit St. will whore Ohio this year...and if the NCAA strips tOSU of scholarships...in years to come...but inevitably...tOSU will be back again...

5. As per this year's tOSU vs. Michigan game...who fucking knows...tOSU will find out before the game what the fuck is going to happen, and it could spin the season into the shitter. It fucking blows, but what can you do...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hehehehehe...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Once again, the fucking media shitstorm to damn tOSU has proven to be utter fucking bullshit...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Once again, the fucking media shitstorm to damn tOSU has proven to be utter fucking bullshit...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Old sweater vest is taking all the heat, NCAA likes money more then making the major universities actually follow the stupid rules that they made up in the first place.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guarantee you that Ohio State is going to be taking care of Tressel long-term. He's probably more in the family now for being the lightning rod then he was as head coach.

That SI article just goes to show you how fucking full of shit George Dohrman fucking is. The fucking piece of shit goes to Columbus for two days, has really two sources that back his story, one unnamed, and one more crooked that a fucking US politician, publishes the fucking story, and then fans the flames of the story with Small, a tOSU player who was in the doghouse.

Just because you have Pulitzer by your name, doesn't mean you aren't full of grade A bullshit...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...it got you Kalis...so there's that...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yo, Poj.

You see the shit that Mark May is slinging?

# Another gutless painless cowardly decision by the NCAA ! 5:17 PM Jul 22nd via MogoTXT

* Retweet

#

This must be this wk ends Joke the NCAA just cleared Ohio St of failing to monitor their football program HAHAHAHAHA typical for the NCAA 4:17 PM Jul 22nd via MogoTXT
    I've never seen such a hack job working in CFB. His ass needs to be fired. What a fucking douche bag.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Mark May...nobody likes that cunt...not even his wife and kids...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Game is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck the badgers!

EUAS

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Down 3 you kidding me?

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    20 seconds left..TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck u Wisconsin....peace...love...joy....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State needs 2 run the table to salvage the season...if they do, the win the division...if...

Penn State loses one other...

Ohio State plays Indiana, purdue, Penn State and MichiWhore...they can win all 4...with the toughest in Ann Arbor...

Thread Information