Resident retard.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    He loves you dude...gotta respect that...lmfao...
    He is a big fan.

I keep telling him I'm hetero ... doesn't stop him.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alright...we've already signed the four already mentioned...and are inches away from signing Thaddeus young...a top 10 pick in '06...

which would give OSU 3 in the top 10...and 5 in the top 35....

and are already being called...the "Thad Five," because some recruiting experts think it will be a better class than Michigan's FAB FOUR...

there's a long way between now and '06 though...but damn...I can't believe I'm going to have a college hoop team to root for again...after what...15 years of waiting?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And...more great news on the football front...

1. The NCAA has nothing on the fucking Bucks...so no probation is in order because the liar fucking Clarett refused to talk to them...

2. They signed one of the top 3 QB's in Antonio Henton...and the nation's #1 rated RB...Chris Wells...

yeah...things be looking up for the Buckeyes...and heaven help all of the fucking Big 11...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Updated: Aug. 25, 2005, 11:07 PM ET
    Ohio State says it shouldn't be liableAssociated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State argued Thursday that it shouldn't be held liable for some NCAA rules violations because former men's basketball coach Jim O'Brien made it impossible for athletic administrators to know about them.

The university issued its formal response to the NCAA and conceded to the nine violations, seven in the men's basketball program and one each for the women's basketball and football teams.

Among the most serious charges, the NCAA said administrators and compliance officials should have known about transgressions by O'Brien and one of his assistants, Paul Biancardi.

The school shifted responsibility to O'Brien.

"That the men's basketball staff intentionally concealed material facts from athletics and compliance administrators and disregarded specific instructions from the compliance office should not be deemed as evidence of a lack of appropriate monitoring by the institution," the response states.

Ohio State said the men's basketball team would have two fewer scholarships than the NCAA maximum of 13 this season. The school previously fired O'Brien and prevented its men's basketball team from playing in a postseason tournament last season -- even though no players or coaches involved in any of the alleged violations were still affiliated with the university.

"The university believes that its corrective measures and self-imposed punitive actions presented herein, and any subsequent actions taken by the university, should be recognized and accepted by the NCAA as necessary, appropriate and sufficient," the response reads.

The university sent the 225-page document, along with about 1,500 pages of evidence and exhibits, to the NCAA offices in Indianapolis by overnight courier Wednesday, the day before it was due.

O'Brien's attorney, Joseph Murray, disputed the university's claims.

"Unlike Ohio State, Jim O'Brien doesn't need 2,000 pages to explain why he didn't do anything wrong," Murray said.

Biancardi has denied any wrongdoing.

The NCAA will collect information and then hold a hearing Dec. 9 or 10 to decide if Ohio State's self-imposed penalties are sufficient.

NCAA spokesman Kent Barrett said the organization doesn't comment on pending enforcement actions.

Ohio State fired O'Brien in June 2004 after he admitted he arranged a $6,700 payment in 1999 to the family of a recruit, Aleksandar Radojevic. O'Brien has sued Ohio State for improperly firing him, saying he didn't violate NCAA recruiting rules because Radojevic had already been ruled ineligible to play for the Buckeyes.

O'Brien repeated that claim in a response his lawyer filed with the NCAA this week, saying Radojevic was considered a professional athlete at the time the loan was made to assist his family in war-torn Kosovo.

The NCAA violations also included a booster who helped another basketball player with his schoolwork and gave him money.

Kathleen Salyers, who claims she housed Boban Savovic, has said she persuaded professors at Biancardi's request to change Savovic's failing grades so he would remain eligible to play.

She declined to comment on Ohio State's response, but released a statement on her Web site saying she regretted having had a role in the violations. She said she was involved as a "direct result of others whom were in a position of trust and authority. It was their breach of the trust and authority that they were given that has brought us here today."

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith sent letters Wednesday to Salyers and three other boosters who had contact with Savovic and Radojevic, banning them from doing anything on behalf of the school or its athletes.

"Your violations have caused significant embarrassment to the university and continue to cause disruption to the men's basketball program," Smith wrote to Salyers, taking a similar tone with the others.

The NCAA accused both O'Brien and Biancardi -- now the head coach at Wright State -- of failing "to monitor the conduct and administration" of the basketball program from July 1998 to May 2002.

"'Failure to monitor' would constitute a complete omission in the institution's responsibilities. That did not happen here," Ohio State's response states.

"The university's efforts, however, were met with deception and concealment by the men's basketball staff."

The one football violation involved quarterback Troy Smith's acceptance of around $500 from former OSU booster Robert Q. Baker in May 2004. Smith was suspended from the Alamo Bowl in December and from this season's opener on Sept. 3 against Miami (Ohio).

Ohio State also confirmed the NCAA's finding that a Columbus orthodontist provided free and discounted services to women's basketball players. The school said the orthodontist disputed some of the details of the allegation, so Ohio State officials will investigate further and update the NCAA on their findings.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Buckeyes hope to give speedy Ginn more touchesBy Pat Forde
    ESPN.com

Hang around locker rooms long enough and you can develop a sort of jock ESP -- an indefinable ability to identify a superstar athlete just from the way he carries himself. At Ohio State, the jock ESP activated when Ted Ginn hit campus.

"As you watched him walk around, you could tell he has an unbelievable amount of athletic talent," center Nick Mangold said. "You see him walking in the locker room -- I don't know what it is, a look, a walking style -- you could tell that guy was something special."

Said coach Jim Tressel: "He has a humble way to have presence. I'm not sure he touches the ground when he walks."

Ginn laughs at those descriptions, but says he did arrive in Columbus last year intent on making an impression.

Ohio State's Ted Ginn will be even more dangerous this season as he's certain to get more touches."I just wanted to come in and show guys that I might be small, but I can play ball," the 6-foot, 175-pounder said. "I walked in with confidence. I didn't walk in like a freshman, thinking I'd be redshirted."

But this was more than just walking the walk. If Mangold thought Teddy Ballgame looked good strolling around the locker room, wait until he saw him run on a football field.

As a freshman, Ginn got the ball 59 times and transported it to the end zone on eight of those occasions -- roughly one touchdown for every seven touches. For some perspective, consider that when Barry Sanders was setting the I-A season record of 39 touchdowns in 1989, he reached pay dirt once every 10 touches.

Maybe his feet really don't touch the ground.

It will be next to impossible for Ginn to maintain such a preposterous percentage of touchdowns-to-touches, but the Buckeyes will certainly give him every opportunity to try. Because if there is a legitimate threat to Reggie Bush's title of scariest player in college football, it's No. 7 for Ohio State.

Six of Ginn's eight TDs came on plays longer than 50 yards. His four punt-return TDs (in just 15 returns) averaged 69 yards in length. The kid who has been timed at 10.5 seconds in the 100 meters can outrun anyone, from anywhere in the stadium.

"You see a lot of fast guys," said Columbus Dispatch columnist Todd Jones, who spent several years covering the NFL for the Cincinnati Post. "But you see him and say, 'Damn, he's fast!' He has that different type of speed. This was like that Deion [Sanders] speed."

What excites Ohio State fans is the chance to see that speed for a full season.

Last year he arrived as the USA Today national Defensive Player of the Year after a gilded two-way career playing for his dad, Ted Sr., at Glenville High School in Cleveland. But it took Ginn five games to make an impact. He came in as a cornerback, then switched to offense and slowly absorbed offensive coordinator Jim Bollman's system.

"It was a process, and you've got to let the process go," Ginn said. "You've got to learn the plays, know the playbook, and the players had to be confident with you in the game. Sometimes I did feel like I could do it [play earlier], and sometimes I felt I wasn't ready."

Ginn might have struggled with the playbook, but there was no hiding his athletic brilliance. That was bursting forth as far back as August camp, playing against the starting defense.

"We had a few times when he'd catch the ball in the flat and reverse it, run all over the field juking guys," said safety Nate Salley. "We watched that and said, 'All right, we've got something here.' He was out there having fun, showing what he's got. We knew his time would come."

It came in an otherwise dispiriting 24-13 home loss to Wisconsin. Ginn scored the Buckeyes' only touchdown on a 65-yard punt return in the first quarter.

"Man, it was like the greatest thing in the world," Ginn said of that return. "There were 111,000 [fans] there, Big Ten game. It was a feeling you'll probably never, ever feel again. Probably not until your first touchdown in the NFL."

There's that confidence again. But as good as that feeling was, he never touched the ball from scrimmage that day against Wisconsin. That agitated Ohio State fans who saw Ginn as a speedy solution to the team's offensive problems.

The kid didn't necessarily see it the same way.

"I don't want to get out there and not know nothing," he said. "You mess up, and that's when the fans go, 'He shouldn't have been in.'"

Finally, at 3-3, the Buckeyes turned Ginn loose within the offense. He caught a 59-yard touchdown bomb against Indiana. He ran the ball twice and caught a couple of passes against Penn State and also returned another punt for six. In the final four games against Michigan State, Purdue, Michigan and the bowl game against Oklahoma State, Ginn was all over the place.

He scored TDs against the Spartans running, receiving and returning. He had two carries for 47 yards against the Boilermakers. He made the Wolverines look slow with 87 receiving yards and an 82-yard punt-return TD. And against the Cowboys, Ginn had 78 receiving yards and actually took seven snaps at quarterback, one of his high school positions.

Ever since that late-season explosion, the question has followed Tressel like a lost dog: How often are you going to get Ginn the ball? Ask him these days and you get the thin smile of a man who hears it in his sleep.

"He has been our primary punt returner," Tressel said. "He'll get an opportunity on kickoff returns. Offensively, his evolution, as far as the number of touches increased as the year went last year, and that remained consistent in the spring. Defensively, he may even get a touch or two on a pass breakup. (Although Ginn said last week that he has played no defense in fall camp.)

"We've got to be careful. Sometimes you get excited because he can do so many things, but it's a tough, physical game."

Translation: Buckeye Nation might want to see him handle the ball on every other snap, but Ginn may not have the physique to take 20 hits every Big Ten game. So it will be up to Bollman to pick his spots offensively and up to opponents to decide whether they feel like playing Russian Roulette with their special teams and kicking to Teddy Ballgame.

Ginn, for his part, isn't obsessing about when he'll get the ball or how often. He's taking a more existential approach.

"I just run," he said. "My objective is to get to the end zone as fast as I can."

Nobody in college football gets there faster. Ted Ginn might look good when he walks -- feet on the ground or not -- but he looks like a superstar when he runs.

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at ESPN4D@aol.com.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Surprise surprise..
    Mo Clarett cut from the Broncos today, how fitting..fuck him.

EUAS

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    does he still play for OSU?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State is actually on down here for fucking once...

OSU looked good in their drive down the field...Zwick looked very...very good...

but of course...we ARE talking about Miami (OH)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State has been using 4 WR sets all game...

I've been an OSU fan a long time, and I've NEVER seen 4 WR's sets 2 times in a row...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OSU driving down the field again...

10-0...just ran an option out of the 4 wide...

and Zwick just threw a pick in the endzone...not good...

Wisconsin is getting their ass handed to them by Bowling Green...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State goes up...27-0...they are going to cover...which is good...and have a good little roll going into Texas next week...

that's going to be one bad ass game...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Next week ... Texas ...

at OSU ...

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pray my friend...Pray...

we'll see how my Bucks handle the team that Michigan couldn't stop while they had it in the bag...

Texas is scary...

at least we have them in the shoe...

and you know after watching Okie get dumped today...they'll be looking to run the table...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Michigan sure looked dominating today...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Michigan's offense looked good.

Michigan's defense looked like a pile of dog shit.

We're going to have to outscore everyone to have a chance.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I only have a few minutes tonight, so I'll make the home right here in the OSU thread for the last few minutes of the game...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tressell has been tremendous tonight playing the field possession game that he's so good at...

Not liking how they can't put them away though...

5:20 seconds left, and OSU needs a fucking first down right here...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit, they didn't get it...damn it...a long fucking field goal. Huston has been great tonight, but this has to be a big one...

a 50 yarder, and damn if it isn't for the win.....no fucking good...oh fuck...only up by 6...

this game just got to fucking interesting...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Commercial...

The d needs to come up big.

I'll be honest, I thought OSU would be down throughout this game, I didn't think they could control the ball. I missed the first quarter while on the road, but it looked like Texas was controlling the game when I walked in...

OSU's D took it from there, and really have dominated the game up to this point.

I'm very, very worried at this point though. Young is to good, and has to much fucking time right now.

We need a turnover.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn it...flag on a deep ball...pass interference or holding on OSU...15 yarder I'm thinkin'...

fuck...PI...15 yarder...not the way to start the roll...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Young on a keeper...OSU has done a tremendous job hawkin' the ball when he's gone on those keepers...

2nd and 6....big stop...

Young throws it away...3rd and 6...

Texas may be thinking 2 plays for a first...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    fucking first down on an out to the RB...

4:30 left in the game...

1st and 10...

this isn't good at all...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Young on a keeper...and Young got fucking belted, and is slow getting up...

the DB strung im out....and Carpenter fucking hammered him...

he's fucking hurt...

Norgren is in...Young is out...

hehehehehe...

Texas time out...

Young will be back in...he looks fine...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Okay...2nd and 8 or 9 here...3:53...Young back in the game...but is roughed up a bit...

Young passing...an out...FUCK!!!!

close to a first down...it'll be 3rd and short...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    3rd and 1...2 down territory...

Young goes up the middle...

penalty...and he didn't get it...but this is on fucking OSU...MOTHERFUCKER...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    3:40 and running...OSU up 6...

Texas on the OSU 25...up the middle on a run...and stuffed for maybe a yard...

this is to soften up the outside...

I'm thinking a Young keeper...

2:50 and counting...

2nd and 9...here we go...

TD Texas...fuck me...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great play...this is what happens sometimes when you ball control...

with a QB like Young...not a smart play at all...

they are reviewing, but that's a TD...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit...well...let's see if OSU can put together a 2 minute drill...

I know Huston is 5 for 6, but I sure as fuck miss Nugent...

we need a field goal...

perhaps Ginn can get it quick...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can tell you this...

I think Michigan and Iowa lost today...

win or lose, there isn't a team right now in the Big 10 that can beat OSU...

Troy Smith has to be in the game...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He was down...they are calling that a fumble...that wasn't a fucking fumble...he hit the fucking ground...

HORSESHIT...

HE LANDED ON HIS FUCKING BACK AND THE BALL BOUNCED OUT...

HE WAS FUCKING DOWN...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alright, he was down...

Gentleman, let's get to work...

Justin Zwick is in the game...

let's roll boys...

Masillon...the home of Speilman...

out of the shotgun...

2:30 left to go...

fuckin' fumble...Texas ball...game over...

and I am out...

great game...

penalty flag...shit...

oh well...

fuck it...

Texas ball...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like it or not Zwick didnt belong in the game..
    Troy had the spark & Zwick goes back in the final series i dont get it..
    Fucking pissed tressels bad
    decision lost the game..
    smith shoulda been out there.
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    heh....

go Horns.

that was a great game guys, and I'll admit to being a bit nervous for about half the game.

looking forward to USC in January....

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How 'bout them Longhorns? Maybe this is the year they finally win the national championship...that is, if they can get past Oklahoma.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The way Stoops' boys are playing, I'm more worried about Missouri than OU.

Of course when game time comes, all bets will be off. OU has been a monkey on our backs for waaayyy too long.

I think A&M will be a tough one this year, they're looking like they are coming out of their hibernation finally.....

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the only thing that can stop texas know is themselves
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You always have to worry about Stoops...

if the longhorns go in there thinking anything other than that...they'll get beat...

but Texas is surely tough...

the only thing that can beat them is getting outcoached...

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    im not too worried about OU as a team because i dont think peterson can run over texas when texas has an 8 or 9 man front up there

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    what the fuck happened to my points from Barlow and Jackson? Now ESPN is crapping out again so I cant refresh it. A minute ago they each had zero points...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Thread Information