X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Namath receiving counseling for alchol abuse

For some reason I couldn't copy and paste from the ESPN site. So here's the link

Namath
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

weird.. I can't cut and paste it either..

Why would he go to counseling?!
    The guy is a hilarious when he is drunk. He is Brodway Joe..that behavior is expected of him..
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• SensibleShoes

At least he's a happy drunk.

Comment

• Gmoney

I hope the counselor is not female or Broadway Joe is going to want to kiss her!!!

Comment

• alexpgrimes
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

That is just a bunch of crap. Every 60 yr old guy gets horny. He just wanted alittle. You gotta remember he was used to getting any girl he wanted. He doesn't feel old and wrinkled inside so he thinks he's stil the same guy he used to be.
          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Sarge
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

He doesn't see himself as a "Deep Fried Baloney Roll"
            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Namath undergoing counseling for alcohol abuse
              Jan. 22, 2004
              SportsLine.com wire reports

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Joe Namath is undergoing counseling for alcohol abuse a month after a television interview in which he slurred his words and twice told a sideline reporter he wanted to kiss her.

"Well, I've enrolled, or I've gone into a center, and I'm getting personal help there," the Hall of Fame quarterback told ESPN in an interview to be aired Sunday. "Yeah, these people are experts and we need to talk."

In an interview during a New England Patriots-New York Jets game in December, Namath appeared intoxicated when he twice told ESPN reporter Suzy Kolber he wanted to kiss her. Namath subsequently apologized to Kolber.

Namath said he had been drinking for several hours prior to kickoff.

"We had been going since 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and I did the wrong thing," he said. "I'm very disappointed with my behavior, because of how I've embarrassed my family, and the people that I work with and my friends and all.

"But, hey, worse things have happened. And, thank God I'm healthy, and we'll move on, and we'll make it better."

Namath added that "every time that something in my life has gone askew, alcohol has been involved."

Namath said he has not seen a tape of the interview with Kolber and doesn't intend to.

"That was the wake-up call," Namath said. "Even before that, I said, 'Yeah, I'm going to stop, I'm going to stop.' "

But he would always resume drinking, Namath explained, hopeful that this time he can become alcohol free.

"It's just something I cannot handle, and it's history," Namath said.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SensibleShoes

Originally posted by alexpgrimes
                That is just a bunch of crap. Every 60 yr old guy gets horny. He just wanted alittle. You gotta remember he was used to getting any girl he wanted. He doesn't feel old and wrinkled inside so he thinks he's stil the same guy he used to be.
                That's great Alex, but most 60 year old guys don't persue their dreams on national TV. LMAO!

Comment

• Gmoney

Maybe Joe can get EVH to hit rehab too and then they can carpool!!!

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SensibleShoes
                    That's great Alex, but most 60 year old guys don't persue their dreams on national TV. LMAO!
                    That's true but I would. Just ask Twona...lol
                    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I can't blame Joe, I've had a Suzy Kolber fetish for many moons....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Does anyone have an audio or video clip of it? The way he says "struggling" is just hiliarious.
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

OK, I found it in a similiar thread

Audio

Enjoy free chat and live webcam broadcasts from amateurs around the world. No registration required!

Video

Comment

Working...