ok, folks........this is the ace diamond show!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
    I hear ya...my holy trinity was VH, Rhoads and Lynch when I was a kid, then as I got older I got into Gary Moore, Alan Holdsworth, John Sykes, Jake E. Lee, Warren Dimartini, Steve Vai and SO many others. Then in my late 20s-early 30s I got on a whole SRV/Jeff Beck trip...but I can learn something from music I don't necessarily even LIKE, y'know? I still pickup bits everywhere.
    I was told very early on.....you can learn something from everyone....what to do and most importantly, what not to do. I did the whole Peart thing....more as a challenge to myself than actually enjoying playing his songs. I guess the thing I took away from VH and the some others was they knocked your head off but the chicks could still shake their asses to the music and really......wasn't that was music was all about! Chicks

Heck, my original guitar teacher always maintained that I should have gotten away from the "dumb rock" and become a fusion player, but that's not my thing.
    Yeah, I guess I can separate or for me there's two types of music.....one I enjoy playing and one I enjoy listening to. I love Aerosmith but for some reason when I really listen to the drums all I hear is the click track and no groove. Tick Tock, Tick Tock......just a personal opinion here and I'm not debating whether or not Joey's a great drummer. He's in Aerosmith and I'm not...he wins!

These days the only "comparisons" I get is Lynch, because I still use that aggressive, exaggerated vibrato-technique sometimes...like I said in another thread, I DO hammer notes a lot, but I consciously avoid the triplet-type hammer-ons in an attempt NOT to sound like EVH...
    I get the Mitch Mitchell comparison....which I never understood. Must have to do with the ghost notes and my busy snare work......I don't see it!

That was my thing in the early 90's......I wanted a guitarist that sounded nothing like Eddie....if a guitarist was auditioning and started hammer-ons and ripping VH's shit it was....next! I got so burnt out of the 80's shit that I wanted something the polar opposite of that. Hell, the guy I still write with and record with, felt the same way and for a year or so we had songs without any solos in them....we came to our senses but you get the point!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      I'd like to hear these myself... I need to hear some real music after listening to that video Ace posted...
      Coming your way, Sharky.......just fill out the simple 22 page confidentiality agreement and you're good to go

**edit** sent you a PM and a link to my stuff.....the rest you'll have to get from the other guys!
      Last edited by kwame k; 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM.
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
        Man...heard killer tracks from Hale, Jimi, Hardrock and Lounge all in one night! There's some fucking kick ass talent here at The Army!
        I seem to be out of the loop.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I seem to be out of the loop.

Well, come on in.....the water's fine, brother!

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Ya know, I've started "Show us your work" threads at several other sites, always in the Gear section. Perhaps we should start one here at the ARMY?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
              I'd like to hear these myself... I need to hear some real music after listening to that video Ace posted...
              Sent you a link...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Thanks guys... great stuff!!!
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Ya know, I've started "Show us your work" threads at several other sites, always in the Gear section. Perhaps we should start one here at the ARMY?
                  Well after 12 years I'm still waiting for ELVIS to say something positive about someone's work, this could be his big chance.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

All joking and bullshit aside........Why would I ever post my music, which has my real name and the city where I live, when idiots like Ace with only the gentlest of prodding, will gladly give out his "friends" and "families" Names, Addresses, and Phone numbers all in a futile attempt to prove some point to a stranger on a message board.....

Yeah, I could upload to a blind FTP server but in all sincerity why.......unlike Ace and unless I'm out there doing music professionally for profit.....my music is only shared with people I respect and trust.

Hell, there's about 30 people here @ The Army who know my real name, where I live and who my family is......so it's not like I'm being cryptic with my true identity but certain people have shown again and again that they can't be trusted or even have to least bit of restraint in posting personal information....yes, I'm on certain Social Networking sites and I understand the risk of putting any personal information on the web but I control who sees my info and who doesn't!

Alright you caught me....I have no idea how to post my music anonymously.....God, I hate when you bust me like that, Craig

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Just rename the .mp3 as a number, then upload it to megaupload zipped in a rar file. Nobody gonna figure you out if you do that. Except through your music.

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I figured everyone's heard my band by now, but in the spirit of shameless self-promotion, here's a couple of tracks...

FANTASY

FEAR
                        Cool tunes, chef! One question, though: When did ya'll hire Scott Stapp to be your lead singer?

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          Cool tunes, chef! One question, though: When did ya'll hire Scott Stapp to be your lead singer?
                          Trust me, that's why I didn't post the ballads.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

OK folks since we sharing.
                            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Put it here, man...The Show Your Work Thread

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

[QUOTE=chefcraig;1519323]Put it here, man...QUOTE]

couldn't help it
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...