X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shoo Bop
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2005

Metal Vets Unite For New Band!

This story is taken from a new (hard copy) British heavy metal magazine called THE STOMP BOX . The debut issue hits stands in about three weeks. Here it is:

Has the trumpet of Gabriel finally ushered in a new era of Rockdom? It was at the hallowed halls of Hollywood's Rainbow Bar and Grill where a possibly new Renaissance of Rock and Roll was begotten. That is where, on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits, swapped rock and roll war stories, and before long, Roth found himself hijacked and taken back to Tommy Lee's home to listen to tracks Tommy was planning on using for a solo album. What began as a few suggestions from Roth culminated in a full blown collaboration with the two former hair head rockers whipping up a batch of ten original tunes in two weeks.

Confilicting schedules and personal issues precluded Roth and Lee from consummating with an album and tour at the time, but The Stomp Box caught up with David Lee at a cafe in Manhattan's Lower West Side, just two blocks from one of New York's most prominent rehearsal studios where Dave has been hashing out the Roth/Lee compositions with former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie VIncent and ex-Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley. Ray Luzier, who has toured with Roth since the nineties, was handling drum duties.The hyperactive huckster of rock was in high spirits and, to our surprise, somewhat comprehensible as he gave The Stomp Box the skinny on his new project.

According to Roth this CD will provide some "combustible and inextinguishable rock and roll that will shake the world out of its lethargic hip hop and alternative slumber." This will not be a Roth solo project according to The Diamond One, but a full on musical unit! "Robert, Vincent, Thomas, and myself have sampled more than our fair share of bitter fruit in this crazy business called show. We've decided to harness that negative energy and channel it into the music." So, what will these disgruntled, dishonored, and disgusted rock and rollers call themselves? BITTER PILL according to Roth. When we asked for a possible album title , he replied, "What else would you call it, Bubba?...SWALLOW."

Precisely when this album would be recorded is still up in the air. Vinnie VIncent is currently unattached , but Bob Daisley is set to make a new CD with his band LIVING LOUD featuring guitarist Steve Morse, this Fall. Also open for speculation is whether or not Tommy Lee himself will step in behind the drum kit for the recording sessions or even a tour. "That remains to be observed", says Roth. " I sent Thomas a recording of the rehearsals and he almost jumped out of his skin. When he recovers after being knocked out by the vibe, the flash, the attitude, the pomp, and the circumstance, we will await his reply."

IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Gee....sure would be nice...

Actually ANYTHING to bring Uncle Dave back to the Pinnacle Of Grateness (in the public eye) would be a good thing.

Comment

• John Holmes

Let's see what happens. I mean, why not?

Diamond Dave is a great singer. Bob Daisley is a very good bass player but, most of all, an excellent lyricist and songwriter.

I don't know much about Vinnie Vincent, but he can possibly be good.

We all know Ray Luzier is an exquisite session drummer and Tommy Lee himself can play drums too.

If there's truth to it, I think the project's outcome will be relevant.

After all, we've all heard Ed's new tunes, sung by the fat lady and they sucked; odds are, even with a reunion, Ed hasn't anything musical left within him, and this is probably the best thing that can happen to Dave.

As far as it goes with Van Halen, as I said, Wolfie is the future:

"Look! Taco Bell!"

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoo Bop
        ...on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits, swapped rock and roll war stories, and before long, Roth found himself hijacked and taken back to Tommy Lee's home to listen to tracks Tommy was planning on using for a solo album. What began as a few suggestions from Roth culminated in a full blown collaboration with the two former hair head rockers whipping up a batch of ten original tunes in two weeks.

Confilicting schedules and personal issues precluded Roth and Lee from consummating with an album and tour at the time, but The Stomp Box caught up with David Lee at a cafe in Manhattan's Lower West Side, just two blocks from one of New York's most prominent rehearsal studios where Dave has been hashing out the Roth/Lee compositions with former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie VIncent and ex-Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley. Ray Luzier, who has toured with Roth since the nineties, was handling drum duties.The hyperactive huckster of rock was in high spirits and, to our surprise, somewhat comprehensible as he gave The Stomp Box the skinny on his new project.

According to Roth this CD will provide some "combustible and inextinguishable rock and roll that will shake the world out of its lethargic hip hop and alternative slumber." This will not be a Roth solo project according to The Diamond One, but a full on musical unit! "Robert, Vincent, Thomas, and myself have sampled more than our fair share of bitter fruit in this crazy business called show. We've decided to harness that negative energy and channel it into the music." So, what will these disgruntled, dishonored, and disgusted rock and rollers call themselves? BITTER PILL according to Roth.

Wholly F@#$%....if this is true...man oh man....I mean Daisley's done some good stuff w/Ozzy but........ROTH AND TOMMY LEE??!!!

If true, this will be the best thing Dave's been involved in since the EEAS band.....

links links LINKS.....anyone have any links to prove the aforementioned?
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Seems like a HELL of a band to me. They could have a hit single called "The Ballad of Eddie and Sharon" which debate on which one was a bigger cunt.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Hmmmm, sounds like a nice dream, but we'll see. Vinnie Vincent is not known as being the most reasonable guy to work with, so I don't know if he could deal with the battle of egos. However, maybe 20 years of not doing anything has changed his attitude.
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

with T. Lee or whosoever, it would be like about time for Dave to release some hard stuff...
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                Hmmmm, sounds like a nice dream, but we'll see. Vinnie Vincent is not known as being the most reasonable guy to work with, so I don't know if he could deal with the battle of egos. However, maybe 20 years of not doing anything has changed his attitude.
                lol! AMEN.....Vinnie Vincent.....YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK......GOODBYE!

haha.....never liked Vinnie Vincent....both image wise and musically....
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

He can play, but I think this is bullshit...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Isn't it usually bullshit when a member signs up, and their first post is some rumor they read somewhere else.

Usually.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Calling bullshit on it, too.

If it's true, it's grate....but Vinnie IS the weakest link, here...he's not realiable, he's unreasonable to work with, and least importantly, he's gay (and yes, I know that for a fact).
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• EbDawson
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2004

Re: Metal Vets Unite For New Band!

Originally posted by Shoo Bop
                        on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits
                        Well, I believe the drinking part, the rest I am highly skeptical of.
                        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• John Holmes

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Calling bullshit on it, too.

If it's true, it's grate....but Vinnie IS the weakest link, here...he's not realiable, he's unreasonable to work with, and least importantly, he's gay (and yes, I know that for a fact).
                          This wouldn't happen if faggots were killed at birth. Luckily, nature gets rid of them anyway, 'cause they can't breed fucking each other in the ass.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by John Holmes
                            This wouldn't happen if faggots were killed at birth. Luckily, nature gets rid of them anyway, 'cause they can't breed fucking each other in the ass.
                            Lovely visual.

Doesn't matter musically, he's still a fine guitarist, but he's unreliable and his work ethic's crap.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• John Holmes

I found this picture of Vinnie Vincent. Well, gayness oozes out through the picture.

Maybe he can play, but yet I dislike the idea of Dave, the king of cool, playing with a faggot.

Comment

Working...