• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefive

Question to the Sam and Van Hagar fans.

When I ask this question I am serious.
    What do you see in Sammy Hagar?
    Why do you like him? seriously

I do not want elementary answers here. I want to know why you like this guy so much?

I just do not understand how someone could like Sammy Hagar so much. Fill me in.
  • thefive

Come on answer this thread.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

this is supposed to be an empty room, five...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        this is supposed to be an empty room, five...
        LOL. LOL

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

man, would you like to admit, that you like screechy noises on stupid lyrics, capri pants, sandals, a fat ass and a goatie?
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• thefive

Come on Sammy fans and Van Hagar fans. Answer my questions

Comment

• thefive

Hey sheep you out there?????

Comment

• gothqueen
                Groupie
                • Apr 2004

They won't answer because they have no answer! Or maybe they're just too hung over from last night to type today. It's anybody's guess.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by gothqueen
                  They won't answer because they have no answer! Or maybe they're just too hung over from last night to type today. It's anybody's guess.
                  This thread has been up for nearly 24 hours.

Come on Ed fan sheep.

Comment

• damon916
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Mar 2004

Sammy's white teeth. We have no flouride in our water here.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by damon916
                      Sammy's white teeth. We have no flouride in our water here.
                      what do you mean? I think i know.

Comment

• Lou

They don't like Sammy Hagar per se. Maybe some of them like him personally and tracked his solo stuff, and genuinely like him, but overall, the Van Hagar fans are just die-hard Ed fans. And they have NO FREAKIN' IDEA that classic Van Halen was NOT just him.

What they also don't realize is that over half the riffs if not more you hear on Van Hagar music were riffs that were already created during the Dave era. Damn Eddie got so lazy, there was no progression. He was just re-hashing Dave stuff.

Here are specific examples:

1. Good Enough (riff can be found during ATBL from New Haven 3/24/84)
                        2. Pleasure Dome (opening riff can be found Sao Paulo 1/21/83 during SGMAD/I'm So Glad jam; second riff is very similar to riff in 1980 solo)
                        3. Top of the World (we all know this one, riff can be found at the end of "Jump")
                        4. The Dream Is Over (VERY similar riff during Caracas 1/16/83 SGMAD/I'm So Glad jam)
                        5. Can't Stop Lovin' You (tiny portion of it at tail end of Ed's solo--riff can be found during Caracas 1/16/83 SGMAD/I'm So Glad Jam)
                        6. Take Me Back (opening riff was a song from the club days called "No More Waiting").
                        7. Mine All Mine--sounds very similar in general to the keyboard solo from the 1984 tour
                        8. Judgment Day--middle riff of arpeggios sounds similar to arps he was doing in the middle of the 1984 guitar solo
                        9. Right Now--can be found on the Ripley demo as well as subtly in the 1984 keyboard solo
                        10. Source Of Infection--opening rhythm is basically the same rhythm as "Sinner's Swing"

When I get more boots I'm sure I'll find even more rip-offs from the Dave era.

Comment

• Lou

Not to mention he just kept on using that tremolo scale over and over again. Like during the solo of Cabo Wabo. There are tons of songs where he re-uses that sucker like Hot For Teacher, Girl Gone Bad, Dancing In The Street, and others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Comment

• gsw5150
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • May 2004

Because he's a true rocker.

No one here can doubt his love for rock n roll. The amount of fun that guy has on stage can't help but bleed into the crowd when he performs, and that's one fuck of a high for anyone who doesn't have Roth's dick in their mouth.

For the record, I love Roth. There will never be a substitute for classic VH. Ever. But, if I was given the opportunity to choose between hanging out with Sammy for a night or hanging with Roth, it would be Hagar hands down. Roth is a great performer, but that's where it stops. Sammy is a great rocker, and a great human being.

Sammy is, well, fun. Thank you and good night.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gsw5150

For the record, I love Roth. There will never be a substitute for classic VH. Ever. But, if I was given the opportunity to choose between hanging out with Sammy for a night or hanging with Roth, it would be Hagar hands down. Roth is a great performer, but that's where it stops. Sammy is a great rocker, and a great human being.
                              jerkoff

hmm...where have we heard this one before..."Don't get me wrong I love Dave BUT"
                              There are less Spammy-fans than these posts at the ROTH-army -
                              another alias who disappears after 8 posts - if he'll ever make it that far.

Yeah, it's not like Roth has seen the world or anything. And I must remind you that Dave IS the party.
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...