X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Who is the guy lying on the ground at the start behind Dave? I'm thinking what an asshole but I could be wrong...

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More details on the origins discussed in this podcast... skip to the 1:00 hour mark. A lot of talk about elite traders and a bunch of bullshit on pirated KI$$ videos which links into how this VH video made it out into the open.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Can't believe the guy says it MIGHT be more important footage than " Live without a net"...buuwhhhaaa I will agree that solo in LWAN is amazing...but the one at Donnington is better imo...
        Last edited by Fairwrning; 08-26-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Is that MelodiCrock Andrew with the ZZ Top beard?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Can't believe the guy says it MIGHT be more important footage than " Live without a net"...buuwhhhaaa I will agree that solo in LWAN is amazing...but the one at Donnington is better imo...
            I would most definately like to be the judge of that but this video is no longer available or I dont have time when its available. By chance I watched a little of it when it was first uploaded on YT earlier this week during my nightime piss and since then its no longer available for fuck sake...lol
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              The guitar solo spot on LWAN is great if you can ignore Ed's pants but the rest of it is a rancid pile of steaming cumshit.

Comment

• Silexxx
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by So this is love
                I would most definately like to be the judge of that but this video is no longer available or I dont have time when its available. By chance I watched a little of it when it was first uploaded on YT earlier this week during my nightime piss and since then its no longer available for fuck sake...lol

You can still watch it or download it here.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Another version up....

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

This is fucking insane hey guys let's quit while we're on top of the fucking world and oh we'll start again from scratch under the same name...Damn motherfuckers, Van Halen always knew how to piss their fans off.

Comment

• So this is love
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

They sure didn't look like a bunch of guys who couldn't each other on stage...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Now impossible to look at any pics from that gig without trying to see 'our' new hero camera man guy...

Wow! Where the hell did Dave jump from? I'll ave to watch the vid again.

What a treat that it surfaced. 39 fucking years after... And it wasn't thanks to the band.

I recognized the soundtrack at some point, and remembered a double vinyle bootleg from Taurus records in my collection.
                        Sound quality isn't great, but it's CVH live in 1983/1984 so it's worth it.
                        The sleeve notes indicate that Jump and I'll wait were recorded at Donnington on August 18th, which sounded familiar to me
                        in the video. Some of us probably have it too, this way or another.

IMG20230828095414.jpg
                        IMG20230828095428.jpg

Sure it's fantastic that this vid popped up (though the band themselves could have shared it a loooooong time ago), but if only
                        the crew had shot the whole gig... There's no choice, let's enjoy it as it was done.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

"stand"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

On stage and in front of cameras... the band was at its best and within their element that played best to their personal gifts and talents. Musicians and entertainers... Happy partiers... world class!

Off stage and out of the spot lights... they were typical humans with drug, alcohol addictions, mental health issues, and enough money to fuel their whims and egos. Not exactly a recipe for sustained success and healthy living/longevity... as history has shown many times over and over just disasters in the making.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Who is the blonde Ed kisses on the cheek in the tuning room at end?

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                                What a treat that it surfaced. 39 fucking years after... And it wasn't thanks to the band.
                                Von & I keep saying it: NO BAND HATES THEIR FANS LIKE VAN HALEN.

I've never seen anything like it. Literally mocking fans for wanting something, anything...from their sea of studio & live archives, endless amounts of never-released film/video projects.

And then, when fans go absolutely INSANE, excited beyond belief to see a scrap of footage from the band's peak, the band is insanely doing everything they can to take it down...ban it...make sure it's NOT seen. Taking down every YouTube link.

...And they're doing all this while stating proudly in interviews that fans shouldn't "hold their breath" for ANYTHING to EVER get released. And stating that while there is a ton in the archives, everything good already got released (contradicting what engineers who've already compiled & mastered never-released entire box sets) and that what's on the officially-released albums is all we should ever get to hear. Ever.

What other band goes out of their way to upset fans for...THE SIMPLE CRIME OF LOVING YOUR BAND AND WANTING, DYING TO HEAR MORE...KNOWING THERE IS A LOT MORE TO HEAR/SEE.

I love Van Halen. And, at the same time, I hate Van Halen.

I can't believe the supremely-overweight rich kid who inherited all his dad's money but little of his talent gets to speak for all representatives of the band and all the fans.

Van Halen HATE, HATE, HATE their fans.
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...