• DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    "This is Home.

It's Our Home.

Come on Down

They're Dancing Now."

Maybe another hint of a tour song, to remind Ed of the background lyrics of Mean Street.....
    That's a riot! I used to make chorus cheat sheets for my friend and lead player in our band. There were always loose pieces of paper all tucked under the edge of the pedal board.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Awesome demo, and always incredible to see how effortless he makes it appear.

But MAN does he sound old! It was like listening to Mike Ehrmentraut from "Better Call Saul."

(And yes...I know he's getting up there...I'm saying that his voice seems to exceed his years....)
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's interesting the amount of social media these guys are putting out... Ed, EVH inc, Wolfgang and Kody the Wonder Mutt... are pimping this, youtube videos and Tokyo Live on Facebook.

I guess they are filling the gap while Dave is lost in the darkness...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          It's interesting the amount of social media these guys are putting out... Ed, EVH inc, Wolfgang and Kody the Wonder Mutt... are pimping this, youtube videos and Tokyo Live on Facebook.

I guess they are filling the gap while Dave is lost in the darkness...
          Is Dave lost? Or is it just that the brothers don't particularly care to look for him?

I didn't think that VH marketing got done without Dave these days.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            Is Dave lost? Or is it just that the brothers don't particularly care to look for him?

If Dave's even allowed on board... clearly just entering the wheel house is above his pay grade these days.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Dave is safe and sound, all indications are that his blackout is strictly legal-based, and has nothing to do with Van Halen....

That last part is a quote from Jeff at VHND.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

exactly..... let's not get off thread topic. DLR I believe has some legal doojackie frazz associated with his old contract about his radio show rebroadcasts.

I really haven't seen any other thing else, in this thread, except... a small blip about some noodling shoe salesman with a simple modification to a already existing shoe, yet... re-priced and re-named to stimulate collectors to re-purchase a whole new shoe, complete with the exciting addition of a new colored end of the shoestring plastic "anti frizz" device.
                Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-19-2015, 08:07 PM.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  I don't understand why he's such a tone chaser, when at one time, he had the perfect tone.

I don't like that tone he's got there, at all. Sounds a little too tinny.
                  I want to like that amp but I just can't stand that tone. It's harsh, brittle and too cocked wah. Nice feature set but so harsh. I think he's become tone deaf.
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Have you ever played it or heard the EVH 5150 III in person? It is awe inspiring
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by indeedido
                      I want to like that amp but I just can't stand that tone. It's harsh, brittle and too cocked wah. Nice feature set but so harsh. I think he's become tone deaf.
                      I would be surprised if you couldn't get the tone you like out of the amp, they are great.

I agree with you to a point that Eddie's taste has changed for whatever reason and he is using more gain and more top end but there is nothing to stop you dialing that back on his amps.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                        Commando
                        • May 2004

I think Ed is the greatest, most influential guitarist on planet earth, but not crazy about his tone. He has been using this tone for quite some time and i don't see it changing anytime soon. To nasally sounding, but he is The King. If that's what he likes, so be it.

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

I bought the 100 watter when they first came out. Bought it online without getting to check one out. Sent it back. Fast forward to when the 50 watt head came out thought I'd give it another go. Bought one from Musician's Friend. Same story, sent it back. I just don't dig the harshness.
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

They sound like crap...

Ed's not the tone chaser he claims to be...

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              Ed's not the tone chaser he claims to be...
                              He's tone deaf, like most of the members here.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Yep...

And besides, Ted Templeman is the the man responsible for Ed's classic tone, not Edwad...

Comment

Working...