Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Thank you for considering this. This rock stars, once they get famous they no longer have the time for us little people.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Is anybody else shocked Kristy is being nice to this guy? I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, and something ignorant to get said.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The DLR Podcast is better than other music podcast I've listened to. Great to listen to when walking the dog. No question, the people they interview are old, decrypted drug addicts (such as Steven Percy) but I do like a good interview no matter who the person is and that the interview is conducted with some intelligence. As I have said, most of what's out there is smug frat-boy types who believe they are the only ones who ever listened to Pink Floyd, fuck-awful Dire Straights, boring Clapton and Tom Petty. Then they play 10 minutes of shitty apps for shittier products, talk over each other, laugh like baby hyenas and brow beat you down with their condescending shit like:

"Dude, Gilmour is the best."

"No, Eddie Van Halen is the best."

"No way, dude. Gilmour is the best"

And this shit goes on and on. Eventually, the subject of Jimmy Page comes up and I start punching holes in the wall.

Steven Percy? Never heard of him but he seems like a decent guy, an aging troubadour with a great spirit for music and being over 60 and still writing new material. Have to admire a man like that when your buddy Roth just shit all over his most devoted fans without an apology. That's fucked up, Von. It's time let Roth go. Move on. This DLR Podcast will always have plenty of people to talk to even if Irana George is a asshole, people who still genuinely care about their fans, give them their money's worth when they go to see them and grow old(er) gracefully unlike Roth himself.

David Lee Roth is now the American version of Jimmy Page. Okay, maybe not. That's a stretch. At least Roth wrote his own material and Irana George calls him a "poet" and Roth did belt out some great performances on the first two Van Halen records. I still crank Little Dreamer, D.O.A. and Ice Cream Man but like all successful bloated rocks stars, Roth become too rich and didn't care anymore. He doesn't care about his fans, that's for sure. So I do admire a podcast that sees what I fail to see in that Roth meant a lot to a lot of people. My personal belief is that Roth needs to hang it up for good like he said he would. We shall see if that happens.

But if these guys ever interview someone like Tom Scholz, Jimmy Page or any surviving member of Britny Fox I'm unsubscribing in a heartbeat.

Don't worry, Von. I'm going to start taking a lot of drugs again. It's just that Biden's runaway inflation makes it difficult to afford them.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Correction: "Stephen" Percy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Is anybody else shocked Kristy is being nice to this guy? I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, and something ignorant to get said.
            All it means is the cannabis dispensary had better edibles this month.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              They've done a lot of remodeling during their 'rona downtime. Haven't been back yet though, most of the shows lately is stuff I doubt even Kristy would attend.
              Yeah it would be nice to have acts that do things besides poetry readings and making ink blot art with their vaginas.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                making ink blot art with their vaginas.
                I've seen that at Girlyland. It's overrated there, too.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

It's the same crud you saw in the coffee houses around UC Berkley years ago and now it's a second generation derivative of the pointless shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    I've seen that at Girlyland. It's overrated there, too.
                    Got to get back to the delicious basics. We are overloaded on mediocre and weird.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      All it means is the cannabis dispensary had better edibles this month.
                      They gone up in price. Even for those shitty 15mg ones that do nothing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Only one podcast can get so much inside information on David Lee Roth's No Holds Bar-B-Que film! This week, Steve and Darren talk to Marc Elmer, ACE -- editor on that weird, sublime, and fascinating film. Marc tells about the weeks and weeks of work on the video, working closely with Dave, being encouraged to think outside the box, some deep conversations he had with Diamond Dave, a certain pair of socks (!) and MUCH more. You don't want to miss this!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Saving that for on the way to work tomorrow. The street corner I hustle at shouldn't be too busy by noon and I can listen to it in full.

Comment

• paltrowitz
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jul 2021

Ha!!!!

Thanks for the kind words in your other post, Kristy.

The nicest way I can explain the purpose of "The DLR Cast" is that we're there to connect the dots. Or at least are trying to. There are periods of both DLR and VH's history where the commonly-believed narrative isn't at all the truth, yet none of the official parties are trying to correct that.

We have some more interviews in the can, and I personally have some interviews that I hope to eventually compile -- for a book? -- that won't be on the podcast. To put it nicely, some of the people who really knew Dave are private or protective and are happy to tell their story, but don't want the audio of that out there.

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Saving that for on the way to work tomorrow. The street corner I hustle at shouldn't be too busy by noon and I can listen to it in full.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Enjoyed episode 56... covered a lot of interesting tid-bits!
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

ATTN: Von Halen

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...