X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

ANY break from asshole is well-appreciated, but Christamighty I wish Sarge would put his foot down once and authorize making it permanent.

The LARG is all fucked up around here since asshat has been allowed free reign.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

ANY break from asshole is well-appreciated, but Christamighty I wish Sarge would put his foot down once and authorize making it permanent.

The LARG is all fucked up around here since asshat has been allowed free reign.

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Damn near impossible in terms of time and patience...like a yard overrun with weeds: yank one out, several more spring up in their place. Does any given mod really want to spend most of their time running down ip addys and troll-hunting? One strike and you're out forever isn't a bad policy.
        It got infinitely easier when we put in the new-user approval option. One of us (super/admin) had to approve every new member before they could post. That also cut out most all the advertising spam like you get here (after a while, you'd get a knack for picking out the spam user names). On the approval page there was an one click option that would compare the potential new members IP against any member previously on the board (banned or not) so it was quick to see who's who. And if you had doubts and approved the person, you knew what user name to watch to see if it was someone you didn't want.
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
          It got infinitely easier when we put in the new-user approval option. One of us (super/admin) had to approve every new member before they could post. That also cut out most all the advertising spam like you get here (after a while, you'd get a knack for picking out the spam user names). On the approval page there was an one click option that would compare the potential new members IP against any member previously on the board (banned or not) so it was quick to see who's who. And if you had doubts and approved the person, you knew what user name to watch to see if it was someone you didn't want.
          That's a good idea, and should be implemented here.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's been suggested numerous times... as Igo says it was very easy to manage and saved us lazy-assed DDLR mods a lot clean up work in the long run.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I stand corrected.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                In order to deserve complete banishment from this site, someone would have to do some really lame shit. Like, for instance:
                • Being a racist asshole
                  Threatening to assassinate the President of the United States
                  Compromising the security of this website on at least two different occasions
                  Showing complete disrespect for a member of this site who had recently died
                  Showing complete disrespect for the mother of a member of the US Armed Services who is deployed in Iraq
                  Just being a general douchebag on a daily basis

No names mentioned, of course.
                oh, fraud, i didn't know you actually cared!
                that's so very nice of you to give such a flattering description of some of my finer moments!
                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ace diamond
                  oh, fraud, i didn't know you actually cared!
                  that's so very nice of you to give such a flattering description of some of my finer moments!
                  fine, fuckin' ban him too.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    fine, fuckin' ban him too.
                    actually, i was quite a bit surprised i wasn't listed in the original poll.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

What's the point?

He's just going to hang himself anyway.

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

You know...let's put some weight behind this...

How about we change it to, I'll ban the person selected...

That would make things interesting...especially since I never fucking ban anybody...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            You know...let's put some weight behind this...

How about we change it to, I'll ban the person selected...

That would make things interesting...especially since I never fucking ban anybody...
                            GAR seems to have had that wrapped up.

you serious pojo?
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• ace diamond
                              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                              What's the point?

He's just going to hang himself anyway.

yeah, you have got a valid point.
                              but not until i've given myself enough rope.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Would that be the member or the IP? Does that include all of the member's aliases as well?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...