X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
    Sorry Kat, I'm a little confused. Your dog Suo is kept at a shelter? Maybe difference in cultures, but in the US a shelter is a bad thing we try to rescue dogs from.
    Sorry for my English.
    In Argentina there is no established governmental system to protect stray and abandoned animals. There are regional centers where dangerous and aggressive animals are controlled (observation for rabies suspicion) and disposed. There are as well some private places (not state regulated) where wealthy people can leave their pets when they go on holidays.
    Strays dogs and cats have a sad and short life and a terrible death in the streets.
    There are few good persons that let abandoned animals to live in their lands; in this precarious environment, but somebody has to provide food and medicines.
    I happen to know a scientist (biology at state Medical School), committted to animal welfare, she lives in the Capital city, but also owns a small piece of land (1/2 acre extension) with a simple hut, where about 20 to 25 dogs and 2 cats can live and shelter. At that place a 80 year old woman very poor from the North of the country, Isabel, lives and cares for the animals, recieving in exchange home and shelter as well. I pay a monthly fee, also buy medicines, blankets, food, etc. Nobody visit her or the animals.
    This is a photo of Isabel, a little moved, it was imposible to make her stand still.

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

I thought that it might be an adoptive thing. Sponsorship.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• katina
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
        I thought that it might be an adoptive thing. Sponsorship.
        Yes, hahaha, sponsorship
        In the neighbourhood (dirt roads), everybody knows Isabel and the "shelter", some people abandon puppies at her door.
        This is my "sponsored puppy". Look at his tail, scabies. I hope he will make it.

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Sorry Kat, I'm a little confused. Your dog Suo is kept at a shelter? Maybe difference in cultures, but in the US a shelter is a bad thing we try to rescue dogs from.
          Sorry for my English.
          In Argentina there is no established governmental system to protect stray and abandoned animals. There are regional centers where dangerous and aggressive animals are controlled (observation for rabies suspicion) and disposed. There are as well some private places (not state regulated) where wealthy people can leave their pets when they go on holidays.
          Strays dogs and cats have a sad and short life and a terrible death in the streets.
          There are few good persons that let abandoned animals to live in their lands; in this precarious environment, but somebody has to provide food and medicines.
          I happen to know a scientist (biology at state Medical School), committted to animal welfare, she lives in the Capital city, but also owns a small piece of land (1/2 acre extension) with a simple hut, where about 20 to 25 dogs and 2 cats can live and shelter. At that place a 80 year old woman very poor from the North of the country, Isabel, lives and cares for the animals, recieving in exchange home and shelter as well. I pay a monthly fee, also buy medicines, blankets, food, etc. Nobody visit her or the animals.
          This is a photo of Isabel, a little moved, it was imposible to make her stand still. ( I´m posting all again, because the photo has gone)

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Sada, besides difference in cultures, did my explanation helped in understanding?
            I guess you have a well organized system to help abandon or homeless animals.... quite different to my "new sponsored puppy" .

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katina
              Sada, besides difference in cultures, did my explanation helped in understanding?
              I guess you have a well organized system to help abandon or homeless animals.... quite different to my "new sponsored puppy" .
              I wasn't trying to be mean. I just was confused in the situation is all. Thank you for the clarification. It sounded as if you gave up your own dog to a shelter. But sponsorship is a million times different. I applaud what you are doing.

And NO! the US has a HORRIBLE system to help with abandoned animals. Absolutely atrocious. So many healthy, loving, beautiful animals are put to death every single day that the numbers are sickening.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

The world could use more people like Argentinas Isabel.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Yes, hahaha, sponsorship
                  In the neighbourhood (dirt roads), everybody knows Isabel and the "shelter", some people abandon puppies at her door.
                  This is my "sponsored puppy". Look at his tail, scabies. I hope he will make it.

You can maybe have his tail cropped? (cut very short like on a pit bull or boxer dog)

And hey! the dog feet you can see on the upper right look like a BOXER!!!! HOORAY! I can tell a Boxer from a mile away!

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

The world could use more people like Argentinas Isabel.
                    By sponsorship I mean, just to give Isabel the money to buy medicines for scabies and vaccines for the puppy.
                    There is no system, no receipt, no taxes, just Trust, i.e. Latinamerican way.

Comment

• katina
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

And NO! the US has a HORRIBLE system to help with abandoned animals. Absolutely atrocious. So many healthy, loving, beautiful animals are put to death every single day that the numbers are sickening.
                      I don´t know how your system works, but it sounds sad.

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Little Texan
                        See, that's one of the reasons I don't own any dogs or cats...you get attached to them, and when one of them dies it is devastating, almost like a blood relative dying. Considering that dogs and cats only have a fraction of the lifespan of humans, you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain and grieving every 10 years or so, and that's if they live a full life and don't get run over or die of a disease before then. I'd rather spare myself the emotional pain.
                        Helping and rescuing animals doesn´t always have a happy ending, even the ones privileged who survive when they die is devastating.
                        I have suffered and cried a lot for them, but nothing compares with the joy of seeing them alive and healthy, even if they don´t "return the favor" with their love because they don´t live with you.

Comment

• katina
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

In another post I told that I helped this cat to give birth to 5 kittens at a seaside resort. They´ve grown up healthy and wild in the dunes.
                          It´s very rare to see them, but I was lucky to see the 5 of them during these years, I will post some photos of one of them, the 2nd. from the left.

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Another one, in the background you can see the sea.

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

pissing.....near the front desk of the resort

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

not a pet, just a visitor in the backyard today

goose 005.jpg
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...