X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
    I hope not either. I'd rather see Cherbone back, than Clichegar.

I think you underestimate Van Hagar fan. Real attendance? I absolutely think they can sell as well as this last tour. I think they could milk that crowd for at least one tour.

It would obviously get the homos that have preferred Van Hagarita all along, but I don't think they would get that many of the VH fans that have gone to a couple of the post-2007 shows with DLR....

And no, I'm not betting with you...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Want to bet?
        how much and what kind of time frame?
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Well Va, sadly, it took Wolfgang posting a video of him playing a Van Hagar era tune, for some people to even discuss something VH related. Some people that totally ignored the tour, and probably one of, if not the best, book about Van Halen that's ever been written. Not to mention a live chat with the author of said book. Seems we have members that would rather talk Van Hagar, than Van Halen, as a means to purport their fandom of the band they've basically been ignoring.

Interesting, to say the least.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Meow
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.
              I look at it this way Twona. There's a reason Wolf is posting himself playing a Van Hagar song. Especially after just coming off a tour with Dave. Ed will do whatever Wolf wants, and will definitely do whatever it takes to set Wolf up for the rest of his life.

Only a fool would underestimate the buying power of Van Hagar fan.

Say what you want about Clichegar, but he's basically a happy go lucky guy. Purely from a fun stand point, what would be more fun? Another tour with that miserable fucking Dave? Or a tour with Clichegar? Think about that, before you answer. By the way, anybody that thinks Dave is anything but a miserable person, think about this. Exactly who from Dave's past, is still associated with Him? Ed and Al? Only for the money and the music. Definitely not for the fun, or the relationship. John 5? Sparingly. Does anyone not find it odd that virtually everyone that has ever been associated with Dave, has exited his life? I know a lot of you delusional motherfuckers want to believe the guy you see on stage and in public, is that same guy 24/7, but he's not. FACT!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                how much and what kind of time frame?
                You name both. But don't expect this to come together overnight, even though Wolfgang is obviously practicing.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Hmmm, what a coincidence....

Don't worry Wolf, this won't result in any speculation....
                  I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?
                  Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                    I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?
                    Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Besides the fact that this band is the most speculated upon band in the history of Rock and fuckin' Roll?

Gee, I don't know...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.
                        Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

I believe this will be the next Van Halen money grab. I've always expected it to happen. I believe Ed is in such a strong frame of mind right now, he could easily mend fences with Clichegar, and do this. We'll see exactly how much of a man of his word Clichegar really is. Will he pimp Mike to do it? I believe the guy wouldn't think twice about leaving Mike out, for the opportunity to tour with Ed again. Of course, he'll say he worked it out with Mike, and Mike gave his blessing, to try to make himself look better. Or, will Wolf do the keyboard duties, and let Mike back to play bass? How fucking pissed would Roth era fan be if Clichegar not only gets himself back in the band, but Mike too! Ha ha ha! Damn, I almost hope this happens, just so I can see all the bullsthit from the fans of both eras.

I believe Wolf has probably tired of most of the same old setlist. I believe the whole band has tired of Dave.

I didn't expect Wolf to ignore that era of his Dad and Uncle's music.

I believe the lack of ticket sales at a lot of this past tours venues, has made Wolfgang realize that the best way to pad his bank account, is to propose a Hagar reunion.

Let's face it. Wolfgang cannot make the kind of money on his own, that he can with his Dad and Uncle. There's not a promoter out there that is going to touch another tour with Dave, for the kind of upfront money they now demand. Wolf knows he has for the most part tapped out the fan base of the original era. Now it's time for him to reach into the pockets of the Van Hagar era fans.

Can't blame the kid. It will do nothing more than ensure he never has to get a real job.
                          I agree with all the above...but I doubt people are interested with the Hagar era, who fucking cares.
                          Last edited by So this is love; 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM.
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...lets hope VH goes quietly into that good night like they should have in 1985..which makes me wonder about the chat comment saying that VH would have been revered like the Beatles..would have been cool but would we have gotten the Roth solo lps without Eddie responding by fucking up the band?

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?
                              Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                                Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...

I believe I said to myself, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Comment

Working...