Stand Your Ground Doesn't Equal Neighborhood (Death Squad) Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Have you been drinking? WTF is wrong with you?
    I haven't even started, oh poster named after shitty liquor drunken by mongoloid dicklicks...

Comment

• Originally posted by sadaist View Post
      Why is it okay for Spike Lee to text his 250,000 followers Zimmermans address? What is he hoping/expecting them to do with it? If something happened & someone went and killed him, wouldn't Spike be responsible?

Dumb Spike texted the wrong address. lol. what an idiot. Poor people that do live there are in a motel out of fear. I hope they sue his crappy movie making ass for ton$.

*urged friends on Facebook to "REACH OUT & TOUCH HIM"

It wasn't right! No one said Dick Lee was right. He's a cunt, and an incompetent cunt since not only did he attempt to fuck with Zimmerman, he actually posted the WRONG address thereby endangering an elderly couple...I hope they sue his ass to hell...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
        I haven't even started, oh poster named after shitty liquor drunken by mongoloid dicklicks...

Comment

You think the South could ever have won?
          Let's say Lee didn't make the mistakes he did at Gettysburg and flanked the union army and got some high ground between them and Washington DC and won that battle. Lee could have taken Washington. I don't know if he could have held it though. Unless you destroy your enemy's capacity to wage war they always can come back and get you.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

You think the South could ever have won?
            Ever seen the movie "CSA". It's a "documentary" film about what this country probably would have looked like over the last 150 years, had the South won.

Hell, I'll be damned if somebody didn't throw the whole thing up on YouTube......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I'd imagine Zimmerman is going to have an uphill battle invoking the Stand Your Ground defense, seeing as there is a 911 recording where Zimmerman is clearly instructed by law enforcement not to continue following the teen.

Any prosecution lawyer with a minimal amount of sense will argue that had Zimmerman followed those telephonic instructions, the outcome would have been different. Prior to whatever altercation Zimmerman and the teen got into after Zimmerman got out of his car, while Zimmerman was on the phone to the police he was in his car and armed. The teen was on foot and unarmed.

I do agree that Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, The Black Panthers and all these various hoodie vigils aren't really helpful at this point...but it's hard to see how Zimmerman DOESN'T end up being indicted, charged and convicted at this point.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                Let's say Lee didn't make the mistakes he did at Gettysburg and flanked the union army and got some high ground between them and Washington DC and won that battle. Lee could have taken Washington. I don't know if he could have held it though. Unless you destroy your enemy's capacity to wage war they always can come back and get you.
                What ifs are hard to really say much about. The Union might well have crushed the Confederacy had they won the Battle(s) of Bull Run. In any case, Lee lost because he no longer enjoyed his massive intelligence advantage while invading the North. Agrarian economies seldom fare well against industrial ones that outnumber them in manpower as well...

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                Ever seen the movie "CSA". It's a "documentary" film about what this country probably would have looked like over the last 150 years, had the South won.

Hell, I'll be damned if somebody didn't throw the whole thing up on YouTube......

I think most historians believe they would have reentered the Union via a negotiated settlement...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-28-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• My brother was fascinated by the Battle of Gettysburg and studied the various clashes in it. He said one major reason the Union won that battle was the calvary had the spencer repeating carbine. They could lay down more fire power and could keep the high ground until the infantry caught up. In those days whoever got the high ground usually won the battle. So the Union was starting to advance over the confederacy from a technological standpoint as well.

Comment

It wasn't right! No one said Dick Lee was right. He's a cunt, and an incompetent cunt since not only did he attempt to fuck with Zimmerman, he actually posted the WRONG address thereby endangering an elderly couple...I hope they sue his ass to hell...
                    All these idiots who are trying to grandstand on what is a tragic situation and making it worse really look like idiots. Frankly these guys are their own worst enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      I'd imagine Zimmerman is going to have an uphill battle invoking the Stand Your Ground defense, seeing as there is a 911 recording where Zimmerman is clearly instructed by law enforcement not to continue following the teen.
                      A 911 operator is not an officer or authority of the law...

Comment

He postulated this early on as a way to remove any arguments by white plantation owners, the very small minority of southerners that controlled policy, then disposed of the ideas as impractical and impossible. I believe Lincoln personally had a black valet or butler that was considered a close friend and confidant....
                        A close friend or confidant? Not likely.

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality; and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in the favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary." -- Abraham Lincoln, "Lincoln's Reply to Douglas, Ottawa, Illinois, August 21, 1858," in "Abraham Lincoln: His Speeches and Writings, ed. Roy P. Basler (New York: Da Capo Press, 1990), p. 445

"I will say, then, that I am not nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race." -- Abraham Lincoln, "Fourth Lincoln-Douglas Debate, September 18, 1858, Charleston, Illinois," in "Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings" (New York: Library of America, 1989), p. 636, and in Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 5, page 371

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                        And the Union was being destroyed by...DUM...dum..DUMMM!!! (slavery)...

Slavery was in fact being ended and made obsolete anyways, the Southern States seceded because they knew this.
                        No, the Union was destroyed over the issueS of state's rights, social and economic differences AND slavery. But as you said slavery was going away regardless.
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Also, the South simply stole a whole host of resources that were financed via mostly Norther expenditures such as military armories and forts without any sort of negotiation or agreement...
                          The South was goaded into the Civil War just as surely as the Japanese were goaded into bombing Pearl Harbor. Lincoln wanted the war so badly that while Congress was in recess the Lincoln warmongers had multiple provocations in the works to resupply and land troops in the Southern forts that were under a truce. At the time that was clearly an act of war. But their plan was to get the Confederates to fire on the resupply ships and then accuse them of starting the war.

The Union had agreed to pull out of the Southern port forts and a truce was in effect. Confederate peace negotiators in Arlington, Virginia were assured that the North had no military intentions toward the seceded South. To get the war started Lincoln launched multiple resupply missions to several of the forts, an act of war at the time, to get the Confederate States of America forces to fire on them which they did at Sumter in Charleston. Lincoln claimed that an innocent food supply convoy had been attacked. The National Archives show they were landing troops, artillery and munitions. The loading manifests for the Fort Sumter ships have been open in the National Archive for over 100 years, they clearly show the troops and cannons on the manifests.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Also what made the war happen was the north and south might have well been two different countries. The economies were different. The people were different. The culture was different. Even the climate was different. Two parts of a nation that really didn't have that much in common. That made it easier for both sides to demonize each other. I remember being in a restaurant in Georgia with my parents and they just ignored us. When my dad asked to be served the reply was "We don't serve Yankees here!" That was in 1981. Then I had a boss from San Francisco that just automatically hated anyone from the south. He would start with the sister marrying and chicken screwing jokes. He assumed everyone was a racist. That was in 1995. So in a lot of ways, the civil war still goes on.

Comment

• 1-the USA Civil War - slavery has not sustained anywhere in western civilization country's or any developed nation - with or without civil war it was going to go bye bye in the USA

- the civil war did begin the slippery slope of diminishing states rights and giving more power to the centralized federal gov't - is that for the better ?

2- how many people here work in the human services or civil rights field ? any ? just curious ..

Comment

• Not surprising that this thread has turned into a debate on the Civil War.... considering the fact that the entire FALSE case for racist thug murderer Zimmerman took a dive into the toilet in the last 24 hours, with the release of the police video, showing a very healthy looking Zimmerman being brought into the Sanford police station, without a scratch or drop of blood on him, let alone a broken nose or the type of damage to the back of his head one would expect if one's freshly shaved head had been slammed into concrete as his cover story claimed.

And now it's been revealed that Daddy Zimmerman was a right wing judge, and once that came to light, the old man started spinning like a draidel on meth to FAUX Noize, about all the "hatred" from the "librul media" the Congressional Black Caucus, and the President, who made the "hateful" statement that "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin".

Another coverup con job from the racist right wing. Congrats, Repukes for believing more lies from the same idiots who brought you 30 years of fucked up horseshit that has destroyed this country.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...
                                X