Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Really hope Saul gets what he deserves now..Love that Kim told Howard's wife what they had done

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Breaking Bad is still best show ever but the detail in the writing of BCS is amazing ...I didnt think twice about the 2 bodies found

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In Breaking Bad the first episode of the second season was called Seven Thirty Seven. In Jesse's car, Walt calculates that he needs $737,000 to provide for his family’s future, factoring in medical bills, his children's tuition, mortgage, and other variables

The balance on the bank statement Saul finds while the guy with cancer is asleep on the floor is $737 000...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          Breaking Bad is still best show ever but the detail in the writing of BCS is amazing ...I didnt think twice about the 2 bodies found

There is understandably a bit of confusion going around about this but I think Walt killed a couple of people and those are the bodies found, Lalo and Howard were under a bunch of concrete. I think the show runner confirmed this in a podcast.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Montage!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Saw Chuck several times in that montage. Does that mean he might be showing up in the finale. He's dead obviously... but there could always be a "flashback" to something we never actually saw on screen.... Or he might appear in some sort of ghost/hallucination form. Especially if things don't end well for Saul/Gene.... and by all appearances the last two episodes, I don't see how it CAN end well for him.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I have a feeling Kim does " Gene" in...even though she protected him that one last time

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS if not very specific ones....

It's a pretty satisfying ending for me with Jimmy accepting fate and taking responsibility and showing he wasn't just about the money and himself in the end and reaching out for a bit of redemption and reconciliation. All while still stoking his Saul ego and showing he still "had it". I wonder if he can still be a paralegal for Kim when he gets out....

The best moment I missed on the first go around as I'm a bit blurred from booze, Saul/Jimmy calling Gene's Cinnabon and telling them they will need a new manager...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-15-2022, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

..........Dont read below if havent watched..
                    Last edited by Fairwrning; 08-15-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Good ending..not what I was expecting

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

86 years.........
                        "Well, with good behavior"...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Funny how he can be a complete con man but really worry about his co-workers at the Cinnabon...Lalo shooting Howard really fucked things up

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Funny how he can be a complete con man but really worry about his co-workers at the Cinnabon...Lalo shooting Howard really fucked things up
                            IDK not to psychoanalyze but Jimmy is the id Saul is the ego, and Gene/post-Saul Jimmy are sort of the superego? IDK

He was definitely a conman but he also was a good brother (to an extent) until he found his brother was even more of a sociopath that he was. He loves Kim and is willing to sacrifice himself to save her. It's a redemption story. Saul was both horrible and good-and-decent to fluctuating degrees. He build Heisenberg's drug empire but he also saved to dumb skateboarder cons from being killed by Tuco when he could have walked away...

And Howard is the unfortunate victim of the drive-by but he wasn't blameless either...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-15-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Managed to get through the 18 hours without spoilers.

In many ways I think he would enjoy being in jail more than the life as a Cinnabon Manager.

Out of the 3 ghosts the genius Walter White nails it with the 'You've always been like this' line.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'll miss the whole ABQ universe but can't complain - we got 11 seasons and a movie.

Comment

Working...