Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The actual interview is in some golf rag I think. Apparently Ed thought they'd only ask golf question...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And what did Ed do with the coyote?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        It was probably Fagar dressed up as a coyote stalking Eddie.

Lol.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Get him some Smoking Loon...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As you get older do you not just lose interest in reading interviews from musicians and sportsmen a bit - especially one talking about the other?

He said he isn’t competitive when playing golf.

“Naw. I’ll hit a good ball and then two bad ones. I don’t even keep score, man. What’s the point? I know it’s going to be in the hundreds. The worst thing is my putting. The thing is: I never practice.”

He also said, “If you really want to be good you have to spend the time, like I did learning to play guitar. That’s how many hours you got to put in if you really want to be a pro or really, really good. You got to go out there and hit buckets and buckets and buckets of balls.”
            Who knew? In other news bears shit in the woods.

I'm not blaming Ed for answering pointless questions with pointless answers just saying it's maybe a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              I'm not sure there's enough there to qualify that as an interview... Hardly a comment in passing...
              Eddie finally broke his silence...to give us...golfing tips?

About as useful as Roth breaking his silence to promote...tattoo wax?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                As you get older do you not just lose interest in reading interviews from musicians and sportsmen a bit - especially one talking about the other?

Who knew? In other news bears shit in the woods.

I'm not blaming Ed for answering pointless questions with pointless answers just saying it's maybe a waste of everyone's time.

I'd say, in general, yeah.

Even when I was younger, I never cared much what any athletes had to SAY about anything, or anything they were doing if they weren't playing.

I used to be quite into reading/watching interviews from musicians when I was younger. Now? Not nearly as much. Mostly because there are VERY few musicians who have much that is worth hearing about in an interview context.

Like, say, Frank Zappa was a good interview subject. John Lennon was a good interview subject. Robert Plant was/is a good interview subject. David Lee Roth has always been an entertaining/good interview subject. Pete Townshend was a good interview subject. Bob Dylan was a good interview subject. I may be forgetting a few others, but that's really about it far as musicians being good interview subjects. And that's fine: musicians should be good at music, with anything else like the ability to give a good interview being a bonus.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Eddie finally broke his silence...to give us...golfing tips?

About as useful as Roth breaking his silence to promote...tattoo wax?
                  He did a similar interview back in 2001 that ended up in Maximum Golf magazine... that was the beginning of the dark times... cancer, divorce, Smoking Loon, Hagar reunion...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

He did a similar interview back in 2001 that ended up in Maximum Golf magazine... that was the beginning of the dark times... cancer, divorce, Smoking Loon, Hagar reunion...
                    Yeah, I'd say post-Van Halen III / late 1999 through until the spring of 2007 was certainly the dark times for Eddie.

Whatever one thought about the decision not to do more with Dave in 1996 and forge ahead with Cherone, at least with the Van Halen III period Eddie WAS forging ahead in some manner. After that, Eddie seemed like he was in free fall. Wouldn't wish cancer on anybody, but by all accounts Eddie was still getting fucked up after the bout with cancer: by 2006, he looked terrible, and the 2004 Hagar tour along with the 2006 Namm show display demonstrated that he wasn't particularly playing well anymore, either. By the end of 2006, I wouldn't have been surprised if Ed had died, because he just totally let himself go and didn't appear to give a fuck anymore.

Point of fact, it took Eddie until the 2012 tour to really start firing on all cylinders again, guitar-wise, and apply himself enough to where he could recreate the CVH catalog live to where it was worth paying money to see.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hagar reunion...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

On a new episode of his SiriusXM show, Eddie Trunk discussed the rumored reunion of the original Van Halen lineup. While Sammy Hagar has expressed an interest in the last few years as joining forces with the original lineup with both he and David Lee Roth sharing vocals, Eddie Trunk said Van Halen are not interested in Hagar joining a potential reunion. Alternative Nation transcribed his comments.

“The other thing, without getting into details or revealing sources, is that the issues and the disinterest in working with or doing anything with Sammy Hagar ever again from Van Halen is as high as it has ever been. Meaning forget about it, if anything happens with Van Halen, anybody that thinks, and I think people mostly knew this, but anybody who thinks that there is any play whatsoever in potential activity with Hagar, uh nuh.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Trunk is a fucking idiot.

“The other thing, without getting into details or revealing sources, is that the issues and the disinterest in working with or doing anything with Sammy Hagar ever again from Van Halen is as high as it has ever been. Meaning forget about it, if anything happens with Van Halen, anybody that thinks, and I think people mostly knew this, but anybody who thinks that there is any play whatsoever in potential activity with Hagar, uh nuh.

There are issues, we’ll leave it at that. I don’t get in the middle of this stuff, I don’t know what’s real and what’s not, I just know from the Van Halen side, there is as strong as ever a disinterest in dealing with or working with Sammy for reasons, rumors that I hear, but I don’t know. I love Sammy, as everybody knows he’s a friend, I think he’s a tremendous guy, but there’s stuff that goes on that we don’t know about, apparently.
                          This is not fucking Agatha Christie. It's not a big fucking mystery.

Read his book which he didn't need to write since he had plenty of cash.

Not only was it a betrayal and a hatchet job on the Van Halen's, there were a ton of lies in there too.

Why the fuck would the Van Halen's ever go back to Hagar after that when they don't need to. Would you?
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-21-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Trunk is a fucking idiot.

This is not fucking Agatha Christie. It's not a big fucking mystery.

Read his book which he didn't need to write since he had plenty of cash.

Not only was it a betrayal and a hatchet job on the Van Halen's, there were a ton of lies in there too.

Why the fuck would the Van Halen's ever go back to Hagar after that when they don't need to. Would you?
                            Agreed.

Sammy will forever be a footnote in VH history. He has to be.

Van Hagar was a thing that unfortunately happened and unfortunately went for as long as it did. They have no interest going back with him and never will.

The few Van Hagar lovers out there like Trunk won't stop.

Van HALEN was and will always be Dave's band as much as the Van Halen's. Eddie knows this.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Trunk was in LA for the Chris Cornell tribute last week and said Irving Azoff was backstage and Trunk says he wanted to introduce himself to Azoff and ask about VH. Like Azoff would say anything.

More importantly, Trunk says that there is "disinterest" in the VH camp about Hagar ever being involved in VH ever again. Of course Trunk won't go into what he's heard and that he loves Hagar and they're friends but there is nothing on the Hagar front.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                Trunk was in LA for the Chris Cornell tribute last week and said Irving Azoff was backstage and Trunk says he wanted to introduce himself to Azoff and ask about VH. Like Azoff would say anything.

More importantly, Trunk says that there is "disinterest" in the VH camp about Hagar ever being involved in VH ever again. Of course Trunk won't go into what he's heard and that he loves Hagar and they're friends but there is nothing on the Hagar front.
                                The has never been anything on the Hagar front since the last tour in 2004.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...