X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Mike only signed away his rights to the Van Halen name, logos and trademarks... He did not sign away his song writing and royalty rights.

Reality is... he has more royalty potential and current income stream than Roth due to his stake in the whole Van Halen catalog through Van Halen III. Roth only has the 6-Pack, Best of and ADKOT era royalty streams. Mike even has the improved royalty rates that were negotiated during the Hagar era that Roth sued Van Halen over and dropped his suit from 2002.

Whatever credits Roth's legal representation posted with the Cover Band™ material to get these up on Spotify, etc... can't legally exclude Michael Anthony from his song-writing and royalty claims if any revenue were to be generated by those recordings.

Mike and his estate when he passes will be collecting royalty payments for majority of the Van Halen catalog for a long, long time.
    Fuck Bass Player.

That is all.

Carry on soldiers!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Silexxx
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

During an appearance on yesterday's (Friday, October 27) episode of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", Wolfgang Van Halen, who became VAN HALEN's bassist in 2006 at the age of 15, was asked if he knows why 2012's "A Different Kind Of Truth", the sole VAN HALEN studio album he played on, is...

During an appearance on yesterday's (Friday, October 27) episode of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", Wolfgang Van Halen, who became VAN HALEN's bassist in 2006 at the age of 15, was asked if he knows why 2012's "A Different Kind Of Truth", the sole VAN HALEN studio album he played on, is no longer available on any of the streaming music services. He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Yes. The contract ran out on putting it up on streaming services. So we've been working on getting it back, but there are some people involved who do not like that record and are not making it easy to get it back up." Asked if these "people" that are preventing it from going back on the streaming services "were involved in the record," Wolfgang replied: "Yeah." When host Eddie Trunk asked, "Might that person commonly be known by three initials?", apparently referring to VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth, Wolfgang hesitated for a second before replying: "Probably. I mean, yeah, you can put it together. I hate to say it, because people will think I'm making stuff up, but it's, like, man, I'd love to have the record back up there, but he doesn't like it and he's not working with us to get it back up there. So I hope people who like it have a physical version of it. [Laughs]"

Wolfie blames Dave. In last episode of DLR Cast they talked about why DLR Band is not available for streaming and the reason they had heard was also that Dave didn't like that album either.
      Last edited by Silexxx; 10-28-2023, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Wolfgang and Eddie Trunk.

A conversation between two people I could be less interested in hearing I couldn't imagine.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That dumb fat fuck Trunk failing to realize everyone in the band is a "person commonly be known by three initials?"

I hope Dave doesn't not like the album though. The Tokyo thing I would maybe understand more.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Maybe Dave has such a hearing problem that he can listen to his vocals on the Tokyo Dome live without turning a hair, but can't bear ADKoT?

And would he dislike the DLR Band album?

Both records are fucking great. It's all very hard to believe.
            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-29-2023, 06:16 AM.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Mike is worth like $70 million. He didn't get that by selling his house.
              Who knows what Mike is really worth. It’s obvious he made enough to live on the marina in Newport Beach and own a few expensive cars. He’s all part of the Sammy Cheese Wiz Party now. Lame as fuck. You do the stiff Cabo Wabo walk because your ass hurts from the gay orgy the night before. Love came walking in with no lube.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I’m reading Tonechaser and as early as 1981 Eddie was venting frustration that Mike was not doing anything to help create new songs for Van Halen but was getting equal pay. Ed was feeling the stress of having to come up with new stuff. He had Al to show things to and Al had structural ideas. Dave wrote the lyrics and would help shape the songs more. Mike did nothing other than play. He was not a composer.

Ted Templeman tried to convince VH not to have every member paid equally because it turns into a money fight later but VH did’t want to change their pay structure.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Dave is really out there and he’s become very eccentric and delusional. He’s grandpa who thinks he still can drive his fast car on the twisting mountain roads. The reality is he can’t. The keys have been taken away. Grandpa is in the public TV room at the assisted living center telling all the other old folks what hot shit he used to be and the female assistants are careful not to get too close because grandpa will give their ass a feel.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    That dumb fat fuck Trunk failing to realize everyone in the band is a "person commonly be known by three initials?"

I hope Dave doesn't not like the album though. The Tokyo thing I would maybe understand more.
                    I think its total BS saying Dave doesn't like the ADKOT album.

Sure we all know he would've preferred Mike on it which is why he didn't want Wolf and Ed to record background vox. But that doesn't mean he wants it now pulled from streaming.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

When I read this... the clever "3 initial person" doesn't like the album... Sounds like utter childish bullshit to me!!

First off, why would there be any consideration to avoid naming names? There's Alex Van Halen who has the primary management rights to all of the Van Halen catalog of music/video recordings with Wolfgang having an interest, plus a vote representing Edward's interests. That leaves David Lee Roth and whatever contractual rights he holds from the deal with the ADKOT album. Ya figure the band might breakup if he says Dave doesn't want to sign off on the deal? WTF?

Given that Wolfgang barely finished middle school before being thrown into a major rock band touring with 3 old farts... I doubt he learned a whole lot about corporate law, LLC's, music publishing, distribution, royalties, etc... Did the kid even finish high school or get a GED?

I suspect there was something in the legal terms with the streaming distribution contracts that Dave and his IP attorney didn't like... nothing to do with not liking the content of the music. The truth is not that complicated nor "different"...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Wolf interviewed by Trunk.

Two stupid fat fucks.

All they needed was Sam to complete the trifecta of idiots.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Wolf insinuating again that Dave is the problem.....the road block to some stupid tribute and now the reason ADKOT was pulled from streaming services.

When in reality it could very well mean his own uncle. But hey, much easier to throw Dave under the bus than Alex who controls the majority of VH interests.

I doubt fatty really knows how music publishing or licensing works.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            I suspect there was something in the legal terms with the streaming distribution contracts that Dave and his IP attorney didn't like... nothing to do with not liking the content of the music. The truth is not that complicated nor "different"...
                            Could be that the streaming services don't pay shit.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• MasonL
                              Groupie
                              • May 2022

It's obviously not as simple as Fatty says it is: "he doesn't like it so he's blocking it." I'd be surprised if Roth has even talked to Wolf since the 2015 tour ended. I think he liked playing with him during the three tours but always wanted Anthony in there. He didn't really respect that there's this kid who's been handed everything he's ever had and didn't earn his way onto the stage. Remember, despite what half-wit fans say, DLR is the self-made musician. The Brothers were the kids who grew up with a musician father and forced to learn the piano. DLR was completely on his own.

There's probably some weird business reason why it's not up anymore. Something with royalties. DLR's gotten nostalgic about the "good old days" and how they used to do music since Ed died so he looks at 2011/2012 like it pales in comparison. Glad I have my physical copy because it's a damn good record.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Suckify is dying and bleeding money. What is it now/ $11/m for cruddy 96kbps outdated MP3s? BUY you own music and tell these corporate cunts to go fuck themselves

Comment

Working...