ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

This is now available for preorder.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Brian May is modest and has obviously written some great songs over the years but he's the opposite of Eddie Van Halen in every way in that he never came across as a 'natural' guitarist who was comfortable improvising. Even when playing something of his own that he has played 1000 times live already he stares at the fret board of the guitar looking stressed like he is expecting to fuck it up or at least not bend a note right.

I get that and it makes him human - it's completely normal for a human playing to thousands of people to feel like that, it's fucking weird to have shit eating grin and do something 10 times harder to a huge audience without thinking.

Nuno Tenniscourt talks about being overwhelmed by playing guitar to Ed and this is May talking about Nuno so that is the kind of gap we are talking about...

Again I don't see it as a criticism in fact it's refreshing because so many guitarists are insecure dicks about admitting their limitations. Also to be fair and with all the love in the world I don't think Eddie Van Halen was ever likely to end up with a Phd in Astrophysics...
      Dave Friedman was up at 5150 and he was talking to Ed about something and Ed during the conversation was playing some very complicated stuff on the guitar while talking to him and not even paying attention or looking. Dave said that blew him away. He's worked with great guitar players for years but he said Eddie was the most amazing.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Remixed single went up on Spotify 1st June.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I listened to the whole thing a couple of times today. Interesting there’s the beginning of a Van Hagar song on one of the takes. Very cool set overall. I ordered the limited edition set from the Queen site but it won’t be here for a few days. I’m figuring maybe I can sell all my VH stuff and retire one of these days. ��

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I still have my Star Fleet LP I bought in the 80’s. Never played it much.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ordered today. Thought about checking the local wrecka sto but I doubt they'd have it.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      For whatever reason Alex doesn't seem motivated to do what all the other old rock acts have been doing - releasing archival unreleased songs, live recordings etc.

KISS just released a 40th anniversary box set for Creatures of the Night with loads of unreleased content - many that have never seen an official release along with live shows from that era. This all for an album that tanked back in '82. But its a great package for fans.

That sort of thing should have been done for any of the six pack but no VH fans can't have nice things.
                      It's more like Alex is gettign calls from Sam every second day begging him...I even heard Sammy said its happenning next year no matter who is going to agree etc.

LOL, it has to be led by Alex...I would lay low on principle, making sure I had everything figured out and maybe let Sam do one or two things...
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Priced it here and it was about $12 for MP3s, $40 for CD and about $80 for vinyl.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                          It's more like Alex is gettign calls from Sam every second day begging him...I even heard Sammy said its happenning next year no matter who is going to agree etc.

LOL, it has to be led by Alex...I would lay low on principle, making sure I had everything figured out and maybe let Sam do one or two things...
                          So Alex gives Brian May his blessing and won't talk to Sam. Ha! Ha! Sam is the biggest attention whore who was ever in Van Halen. He doesn't want to do a tribute to Ed for Ed. It's all about drawing a big audience for Sam. Then he will go on every platform he can saying how great it was and Cabo this and Wabo that and Santo Maui blah blah blah.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Sam is just a peddler and I hate to say it but a pretty good one. He makes people with low self-esteem feel good for a minute and manages to sell them all his shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Sam is the guy who shows ugly women some love and then runs off with their money.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Listen to Star Fleet before buying. It's not that great.

Comment

Working...