Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I found youtube footage of Dave warming up before last nights show....

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Yeah, that really sums it up.

Instrumentally, the band is playing well. The backing vocals sound good. LUTS, DDL and DM sounded great far as the 3 Van Halens went

Roth sounds decent when he sings the tunes. Problem is, he sings a verse properly, then yells out a verse in a strained yelp. And he's back to forgetting lyrics, or forgetting the sequence they go in. I mean, DM has, what, 8 verse lines? And Roth can't get them right? Not enough rehearsal? Does he need a teleprompter?

DDL sounded pretty good all-around, I must say. Even Dave stayed on point for that one.

Nothing I heard makes me want to go out and get tickets for the Tampa show. It's still a case of the Van Halens getting the job done and "Dave just being Dave"...which I think these days means he sings the tunes in a passable manner only 50% of the time. Avoiding yelling out the lyrics in that goddamed awful strained yelp is something easily correctable on Roth's part and is actually something that would not only put far less strain on his voice but would make the whole presentation sound much better.

Apparently, Roth has no interest in doing that, and I have no interest in seeing Dave sing badly between slip-n' slide antics and ascot-waving. So, there you go. A shame, because the Van Halens sound quite good.
      I know this is a 2015 tour thread but I just gotta...only 8 short years ago..just no comparison..and spot on about the correctable yelp..fuck..I would almost lay money I dont sound much worse..

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF

I couldn't make it through an entire clip of VH, but I had no problem watching that all the way through.

This guy should sue Dave for stealing his act.

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF

I dare ANYBODY to get through that without tears in your eyes..

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Fuck..almost made it til the fist pump/tilting claps into truckin..

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

We need a clap burst emjo thing

Comment

• Silexxx
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

Ice Cream Man, Unchained, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Comment

• vaijuju
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by private parts
                  Any proof that they played In a Simple Rhyme? Was not on the above Rolling Stone Set list....right?
                  http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Great find....and listenable..

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Even growth in there..nice

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Jesus... the band sounds so fucking awesome and Dave sounds beyond horrible.... it's like hearing a band on fire with a horrible karaoke singer....

I wanna cry now...

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Great find....and listenable..
                          You might wanna get your ears checked lol

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Jesus Christ...

David Lee Roth

No kicks
                            Horrible vocals
                            horrible timing
                            looks disoriented on stage

There is really NOTHING left in him....

The greatest front man of all time is NOTHING now.... i'm not watching any more video..... i'm depressed.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

I was hoping Dave got his voice together. He didn't. Maybe he can't. Or doesn't care. Some of it is o.k. But I think the less than mighty VH should call it a day after this tour. I love Dave but he is just not doing his job. He's old with an old voice. And I just don't see the excitement anymore. Sure the deep cut's are cool and the band sounds good but one of it's biggest pieces is only half there. It's not enough for me anymore. I'm sure they will pull off some good shows but some isn't good enough for me. Release the vaults of good shows and retire. My god most of that crowd looked bored out of their minds ! I didn't hate it but.............

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by philouze
                                Ralph Saenz could fit the bill.. That would leave us with two great things:

a) VH would have a great singer/performer on stage
                                b) Good riddance to that P.O.S. Steel Panther
                                Your cyco-babble all over this web site and your asinine comments in this thread are leveled with CUNT!

You want someone else to sing "DLR song" with VH and VH songs and then you will be what ..still a cunt.

You even have suggestions of who should sing them..better ? more in your asshole more up your shitter..HOW?

How far up your ass do you need it..?

If you were more of a cunt how much cunt would make you happy...?

Dear, -The Kristy-..when you wear those boots and walk that walk do you do it for me or do you do it for anyone ?

Take a lesson Phil the boots are made for walking and that is just what they will do.

Roth singing VH isn't for you or me...that's right slow kid it's for you.

There are 500K bands that can sing roth song Phil......go anywhere ...and enjoy.....miss this show go somewhere else to see what you want.

Search everywhere for what you want to hear,,complain more till you find that other band that plays this bands music...be somebody.

Do it now..I want this for you your pain is real...other bands playing this bands music makes you feel better...do it.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...