Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkmonkey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Praps TheKID© is following the Paris Hilton business model of being famous for being famous.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I do give Wolfgang some credit... he was somewhat instrumental in getting Van Halen back active in 2007/8 with Dave and we got a new record out of the deal. That put him on the fame map beyond his name inheritance from 2 famous celebrity parents.

Beyond that... at 29 years old he best get off his lazy ass and turn out something musical on his own if he doesn't want to become a footnote and just live off his parents estates the rest of his life. Although it's his prerogative to amount to nothing in the long run and live the easy life a lot of people dream of...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Appears the Kid™ spends more time getting snarky with critics and jackasses on social media... He did take a shot at "the creeps at VHlinks" which at least verifies he's browsed fan sites... the big news from all that was someone with the last name Van Halen actually recognized a 20 year old fan site with their name publicly.
        And that they are creeps.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I believe all the VH/DLR Fan sites past and the few still present offered a wide variety of creeps of all shapes, sizes and types...

Comment

• Funkmonkey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

So what's in store for TheKID? Celebrity chef appearance on the next Bobby Flay show.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I wonder if he gets Val's residual checks from One Day At A Time when she croaks...
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If Val and Ed had some decent financial advisors and legal representation managing their contracts... you'd figure they have trusts set-up and all their residuals/royalties properly covered for the duration of their ability to generate income.

You'd also hope there's some decent income still flowing for them just to keep up their outrageous California property and income tax liability, not to mention cost of living in that poorly managed hell-hole of a state.

Ed's recently been selling off his car collection... house cleaning? Reduced tax liability? or... Does he need an influx of cash to cover their lifestyle..?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He's sold one Ferreri IIRC, frankly from what I've read I'd of sold it long ago...but yeah I think he is culling some of his stuff...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    If Val and Ed had some decent financial advisors and legal representation managing their contracts... you'd figure they have trusts set-up and all their residuals/royalties properly covered for the duration of their ability to generate income.

You'd also hope there's some decent income still flowing for them just to keep up their outrageous California property and income tax liability, not to mention cost of living in that poorly managed hell-hole of a state.

Ed's recently been selling off his car collection... house cleaning? Reduced tax liability? or... Does he need an influx of cash to cover their lifestyle..?
                    I don't think they will have any trouble at all money wise, he probably just found he hadn't driven Ferraris in years because they were uncomfortable, had no trunk, were awkward to park and worst of all drew attention.

When other rock stars worth 10s of millions bought their private planes and snorted vast amounts of coke, Ed was drinking cheap wine at home.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-31-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I don't think they will have any trouble at all money wise, he probably just found he hadn't driven Ferraris in years because they were uncomfortable, had no trunk, were awkward to park and worst of all drew attention.

When other rock stars worth 10s of millions bought their private planes and snorted vast amounts of coke, Ed was drinking cheap wine at home.
                      And I guess actual Ferrari buffs look down on that particular vintage as the kind driven by a rich guy who knows nothing about cars...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        He's sold one Ferreri IIRC, frankly from what I've read I'd of sold it long ago...but yeah I think he is culling some of his stuff...
                        He's had 3 on the block recently...

The coolest one is his 1947 Dodge COE "Stake-Bed" truck...

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

I like the Dodge truck, but the square lights and pipes detract from the style and overall look.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            He's sold one Ferreri IIRC
                            On a complete tangent my friend was recently saying she has a friend called Joy Bell and she would love to hear her name said in a NYC accent because it would sound like gerbil. Your spelling of Ferrari has made me wonder about your accent now...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Funkmonkey
                              I like the Dodge truck, but the square lights and pipes detract from the style and overall look.
                              I don't mind the pipes but they could have straightened out the lights before taking the pic...and it least it doesn't have an LED light bar installed

I like old cabovers. Trying to find a Jeep FC that isn't rotted to shit.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                On a complete tangent my friend was recently saying she has a friend called Joy Bell and she would love to hear her name said in a NYC accent because it would sound like gerbil. Your spelling of Ferrari has made me wonder about your accent now...
                                More like a mild Chicago or Boston accent...

Comment

Working...