Stomp Box Addiction? Compulsive FX Disorder? You decide......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kwame k
    I thought later Dave did give Jim Dandy props.....in a little tune called Top Jimmy!
    Different Jimmy. That song is about James "Top Jimmy" Koncek from the band Top Jimmy & The Rhythm Pigs.

Oops - Chef beat me to it. But there you go.
    Last edited by Zing!; 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM. Reason: Oooooh JIMMY!
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Okay.............enough of this horeshit "I hate him, he's not "original" or for fucks sake "Hes not BLACK so he can't play the blues" retarded arguement..............

LED ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS...............if you don't get it you're musically retarded....end of story, go listen to Van Haggis & fuck off

And enought of the hijaking of this thread....its called GEAR STREET for a reason....

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

The Pog2 or the Ravish Sitar???

I'm getting something soon.............

Which would I use more?!?

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

I got this Danelectro pedal years ago....nice to see it become collectible! Brillaint Hendy-backwards sound!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Matt White
            Okay.............enough of this horeshit "I hate him, he's not "original" or for fucks sake "Hes not BLACK so he can't play the blues" retarded arguement..............

LED ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS...............if you don't get it you're musically retarded....end of story, go listen to Van Haggis & fuck off

And enought of the hijaking of this thread....its called GEAR STREET for a reason.
            Agreed about the LZ kicking ass and sorry for my involvement in the hijacking. Cool pedals. I really need a drink.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Dat dere's fightun wurds.

You can fuck off too, Matt.

Comment

• Etienne
                Commando
                • Aug 2010

I have the Suhr Riot Hi-Gain Distortion pedal. Perhaps the best of its sort. One that I highly recommend.

Here are 2 demos by Mark Day:

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Yeah, apparently SRV never got that memo...

Did I mention I want an MXR Carbon Copy?
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Etienne
                    Commando
                    • Aug 2010

The Pog2 or the Ravish Sitar???

I'm getting something soon.............

Which would I use more?!?
                    Both are One-Trick-Ponies. I would go with the Ravish Sitar first.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Next to my beyond repair Crybaby wah pedal, my favorite box of all time was a Boss ODB 3 Bass Overdrive, purchased sometime in the late nineties, along with a Danelectro retro power pack. (Naturally, both were stolen from me at a gig one evening.) For one thing, at that time (and currently, as well) it was dirt cheap, yet highly dependable and versatile. It also featured the then rare feature of a built-in adjustable EQ, pretty much unheard of in a low grade distortion unit. It even worked effectively when paired with an electric guitar, bring out a devastatingly beastly low end sludge reminiscent of Mountain or Sabbath.

I can not recommend this little pedal enough. If you see one in a music store, by all means give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by chefcraig; 04-13-2012, 06:10 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dat dere's fightun wurds.

You can fuck off too, Matt.
                        I have Fucked off....for ages....now be a good Kid & put on some Sisters of Mercy and relax......

At this rate I'm starting to think you're Scarlet Page!

HA!!!

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                          Both are One-Trick-Ponies. I would go with the Ravish Sitar first.
                          That's what my Bro, a drummer, said upon hearing that Danelectro Back-talk pedal....."Where are you EVER going to use that?"

I find a way to use it....works great for PEPPER by the Butthole Surfers!

I am leaning towards the Ravish......I've listened to the Pog2.....I could do the RAIN SONG with it....I mean Jimmy Page probably ripped that off from some struggling Indian Guitarist noone has ever heard of..........

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

And...I have to say I dig the EVH phase 90.....................really cops the VH 1 solo vibe................

Comment

• Etienne
                              Commando
                              • Aug 2010

And...I have to say I dig the EVH phase 90.....................really cops the VH 1 solo vibe................
                              With the script mode button. Which mode do you use more often?

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                                With the script mode button. Which mode do you use more often?
                                With thee button engaged.............."engaged......UH uhH UhuUH huHUh huHUH HUHhhuuh

Yup....really makes those notes sing

Comment

Working...