X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Chargers don't have manuals now, to think that the SRT Hellcat would was a stretch.
    The Hellcat is available with a manual...

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Challenger, yes. But Charger won't be. Supposedly the floor pan doesn't allow it.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Back on topic...

I like the engine sound but why even bother with those rear seats.

Short of IED victims who could possibly use them?

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I like the engine sound but why even bother with those rear seats.

Short of IED victims who could possibly use them?
            That's how it is with these 'pony' cars.. My backseat is only good for putting a few bags of groceries on. Whoever draws the short straw has to sit in the back and on the passenger side.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Here it's called an electronic handbrake.

It's where you press a button for your emergency brake in a stick shift car?
              Hmm.. not familiar.. I still have a mechanical handbrake lever. I never use it though, I park the car in gear.
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                No paddle shifters...

It's a five speed auto with manual mode, which I like...

I rarely go past third gear...

But it shifts strictly at 6000 RPM whether in manual mode or not...

That sucks because the peak 425hp happens at 6250, supposedly...

As soon as I get my hands on a Diablo or Predator I can raise the shift points to 6250 or even 6450...
                I have a Pro-Cal Ford Racing tune waiting to go into my car. It's a 'premium fuel' tune so I can only use 91+ octane gas - which I do anyway.. Ford claims an additional 60 ft. lbs. of torque at 1500 RMP. It really wakes the car up down low. Also have a set of GT500 mufflers waiting to go on as well.
                I just put $2k of Steeda suspension in to the car and wow what a difference that made.. it stays flat in turns and there's no more wheel hop.

Here's some before/after:

Billet Lower Control Arm with Relocation Bracket

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Challenger, yes. But Charger won't be. Supposedly the floor pan doesn't allow it.
                  Yeah that's true...

But they could change it...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe the next gen? Not sure how many buyers they'd get, and with no future SRT Chrysler 300's, that cuts the market down further. The police Chargers run column shifts but will still get the five-speed autos instead of the new eight-speeds.

Chevy is going to offer a manual in the SS. Between that and the easier to mod LS motor, that could sway some guys toward SS and away from Charger.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Repent !!

You've inflamed Mother Mopar !!

Blasphemy !!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm not buying any GM. Not even after my Chrysler friends and family discount goes away.

It sure is fun keeping shitbox cars from cutting in front of me. Saw a Taurus coming up on my left, and figured he was going to try to make the upcoming ramp on the right...he made it, but behind me and not in front of me. I need a GoPro.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Haha...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                            I have a Pro-Cal Ford Racing tune waiting to go into my car. It's a 'premium fuel' tune so I can only use 91+ octane gas - which I do anyway.. Ford claims an additional 60 ft. lbs. of torque at 1500 RMP. It really wakes the car up down low. Also have a set of GT500 mufflers waiting to go on as well.
                            I just put $2k of Steeda suspension in to the car and wow what a difference that made.. it stays flat in turns and there's no more wheel hop.

Here's some before/after:

Billet Lower Control Arm with Relocation Bracket
                            Where I live it's legal to run your car on aviation gasoline. If you do this you need to make sure your engine can handle the high octane or you will burn your valves. I had a neighbor who was moving and he gave me a barrel of Sunoco 118 octain race fuel. I ran it in my snowmobile. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself this winter. LOL! Let's just say I made it to the gas station on beer runs faster than I ever could in a car.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I'm not buying any GM.
                              Me either. Fuck Generic Motors.

I can't believe all the GM suck dicks still buying their junk, after they stole all that money from them.

Comment

• VAiN
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Where I live it's legal to run your car on aviation gasoline. If you do this you need to make sure your engine can handle the high octane or you will burn your valves. I had a neighbor who was moving and he gave me a barrel of Sunoco 118 octain race fuel. I ran it in my snowmobile. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself this winter. LOL! Let's just say I made it to the gas station on beer runs faster than I ever could in a car.
                                I'm pretty sure the issue with aviation fuel is that it's still leaded.. not a good idea for a street car at all.

Comment

Working...