X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
    Peavey=crap ...I could not believe it when EVH went Peavey although those were nice.
    I have a 5150II and it's been a good workhorse amp. I think Ed went with Peavey because Hartley owns the whole company and they were big enough to meet the demand on the guitars. The funny thing was it was Peavey that broke off the relations with Ed and not the other way around. They had tooled up and invested in bringing out a new combo amp and Ed was just too fucked up to work with. It's back when Ed was fucked up so Peavey figured the situation had degraded to the point of where it was no longer working.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Peavey=crap
      That's total bullshit...

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        That's total bullshit...
        The EVH Peavey stuff was high end stuff don't get me wrong. But owning or playing anything Peavey in my circle in the early years was like wearing a pair of fake Vans to school.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Peavey PA and bass equipment has always been well built, super loud and super reliable...

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

I will stick with Ampeg.

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Maybe crap was a bit harsh. ...I just don't like Peavey, Never have.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

The EVH Peavey stuff was high end stuff don't get me wrong. But owning or playing anything Peavey in my circle in the early years was like wearing a pair of fake Vans to school.
                Peavey in the early 80's was the country western brand. It was like Wrangler jeans. American made. Tough as nails but not exactly cool. The music stores where I lived all carried lots of Peavey stuff. I think why is Peavey treated the dealers decent. Fender and Gibson were notorious for forcing dealers to buy inventory in order to get the inventory that was selling. So you would have to buy extra shit that probably would be sitting in your store a long time. Peavey didn't pull that shit.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Peavey PA and bass equipment has always been well built, super loud and super reliable...
                  Not only was their PA equipment good, it was cutting edge for the time. In the 70's Peavey was way ahead of the game. Today they have their Mediamatrix line they sell all over the world. Peavey is a world leader when it comes to public address systems.

Peavey was the sound of Molly Hatchet and Lynard Skynard. I remember seeing Molly Hatchet in 82 if I remember right. All Peavey and they sounded great. Loud as hell too.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-20-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

god, i thanked an elvis post!

for 5 years i sold the little 'rage' amps in large numbers... i'm tellin you guys we had way less than 1% that blew up.

that cool head they had before the 5150, the one with the mini switches that kim thayil played? awesome amp.

i'll add a disclaimer, i own a jsx 2x12 combo. it's most bodacious.

Comment

• bb64
                      Groupie
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Amps like that typically sell for $250-300.
                      Not to me they don't...
                      In Philadelphia it's worth $50.
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      $100.00 is about right. They sound reasonably crappy
                      Not everything Peavey makes sounds good
                      Peavey=crap
                      But owning or playing anything Peavey in my circle in the early years was like wearing a pair of fake Vans to school.
                      I will stick with Ampeg.
                      I just don't like Peavey, Never have.
                      Peavey in the early 80's was not exactly cool.

Remind me to have you guys write my next Craigslist ad when I want to sell something...lol...kidding

Not a single inquiry yet though...but that's ok, it's not like it has to go, I'd just like it to go to someone that would get some enjoyable use out of it...I'll lower the asking price.
                      I just didn't want to put it on Ebay cause christ...what would it add to the cost to ship an 80lb crate!!??
                      lol...

Again, thanks for the info all!!

My grandson saw his first and I'll quote him..."Rock Concert" last Sunday in Boston
                      I asked him who we're going to see and he says..."The Mighty Van Halen Grampa"...love him

Have a great day all!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Awww...how cute! Living vicariously through your grandson!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                          god, i thanked an elvis post!

for 5 years i sold the little 'rage' amps in large numbers... i'm tellin you guys we had way less than 1% that blew up.

that cool head they had before the 5150, the one with the mini switches that kim thayil played? awesome amp.

i'll add a disclaimer, i own a jsx 2x12 combo. it's most bodacious.
                          Was that amp with the swtiches the Ultra model? A couple of those amps had a really good crunch sound.

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jun 2004

The Classic 30 is a great sounding amp. Not a big fan of the 5150s.

I have a backstage 30 that I gave my daughter. Not the best but great for an 8 year old.

Had a Renown years ago. It had a great clean sound, but that was about it. That amp hated pedals, but it was way loud and that's what I needed at the time.

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jun 2004

The T60 guitars and T40 basses are incredibly good sounding guitars and basses. Very versatile too.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

A Peavey backline always makes me think of a whiskey soaked southern rock band. Actually one of the best concerts I ever saw was Molly Hatchet. They had some good songs and took care of business.

Comment

Working...