Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I usually have trouble following "group think"... generally because I'm too busy thinking for myself.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      The problem is people today have been conditioned to follow group think. Being a team player or bringing everyone down so things are fair are the norm. That was done on purpose to make the American public more controllable. To make them fall in line. Now I see people getting ripped off and putting up with things they shouldn't. They don't negotiate or they don't say NO! They take it up the ass because for whatever reason they are scared of stepping out and bringing attention on themselves.

I can remember when things were just the opposite. People were dynamic and interesting and had passion. Now it's a boring even keel. Is it the Prozac? Are that many people on that shit?

I just talked to someone who spent a year in Ecuador. He said the first thing he noticed coming back to the states is a lot of people are really fat. Second, they are in an unemotional daze. He says it's nice to be able to flush the toilet paper down the toilet but he says in Ecuador people are still human beings and not sheep. He says they don't have all the gizmos and real life dictates what they do. They have to re thatch the roof, or they have to cut the bananas or they have to go weed the garden. They are busy living a real life and nature seems to dictate what they do during the day opposed to some kind of program. They don't have a lot and have to work hard but for the most part, they seem more real and more happy than most Americans today. In the US everything has become a program and you are no longer a human being. You are a human resource. We are becoming like the borg.

Have you ever seen the Disney movie Wall-e? The middle to the ending of that movie personifies where human life is going. Sadly, America is leading the pack in the race down the road to cultural ruin.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        Have you ever seen the Disney movie Wall-e? The middle to the ending of that movie personifies where human life is going. Sadly, America is leading the pack in the race down the road to cultural ruin.
        It's bigger than just the US. It's the industrialized west. The bankers used the wealth to rape the rest of the world for it's resources. The US had the most wealth which basically was the result of people having a government that gave them the freedom to be themselves and chase their dreams the resulting innovation and motivation built the highest standard of living in the world. Then it was systematically stolen by the banks once they got their Federal Reserve system into place. What really screwed the world was the international banking system that has traditionally been ran out of Europe and the US. What ruined the west was the destruction of the traditional family. Once you have a mass level of broken homes it takes everything down with it. That has been a well known fact historically.

A lot of nations just are going to die off. They aren't having enough children. One thing for sure is the the debt bubble everyone is in is going to pop in the future and quantitative easing will no longer be an option. The countries who have young, educated people with a work ethic are who will pull out of the ashes of it all. India and southeast asia are probably where the future action will be. I don't think the US will be the numero uno economy anymore but it might not be the disaster everyone thinks it's going to be either. The countries that have aging populations and a lot of debt are going to be the ones who are going to have a real hard time in the future. Actually Iran with it's young educated population could be a future player if they can get past that religious shit holding them down.

Economies are people and their lifestyles. What creates huge economic booms are kids growing up, getting educated, getting jobs and buying stuff. When you have a baby boom that starts buying homes,cars, and other things that creates an upturn in the economy. That has way more to do with it than any government program. Government programs usually only affect the short-term. The government doesn't make babies. Married couples do and how those babies are raised determines your future economy. If you don't have any, you die off regardless of how educated you are, how good your science is, and how much technology you have. Fucking a sex robot has diminishing returns in the overall picture. Children really are the future. Something wise societies have always understood.

Nature always gets the last laugh. Man can never beat the natural cycle no matter how hard he tries to control it.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was gonna write all of that, but I'm at work.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Nature always gets the last laugh. Man can never beat the natural cycle no matter how hard he tries to control it.
            "Nature always finds a way." - Dr. Ian Malcolm

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Men make plans and nature laughs.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I was gonna write all of that, but I'm at work.
                So am I. I'm a fast typer.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

So am I. I'm a fast typer.
                  Oh yeah, you have a "fast right hand."

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Oh yeah, you have a "fast right hand."
                    Naw. That's makes you cum too fast.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Was referencing the Speed Barrier thread chop busting I gave ya.

Comment

• Carloscda
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2009

Would like to see Dave on Jimmy Fallen getting down with the Roots!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Carloscda
                          Would like to see Dave on Jimmy Fallen getting down with the Roots!!
                          I don't ! I want to see him fronting Van Halen for the next 3-5 years than go away. No Van Halen at least with Dave after that. I don't want to see the worlds greatest party band propped up on stage like the Stones or Mick Mars. Dave wasn't that great in this one. He didn't get much help from the clueless interviewer though. I hate to say it but Dave just isn't as cool as he was in 1988. I still love him though. And it's good to see him out there doing this stuff. He is still a funny fucker that's for sure.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            Bottom line message I got... no new music on the way this year.
                            I have to laugh when people expect new music the year after a new album comes out.

If there actually is going to be more touring the end of this year and next, new music seems a long way off. We waited 27 years for that last album, now we want a new album every year? Just setting yourself up for disappointment if you want that from this band!

IMO Dave is realizing that he has more options now with the internet and The Roth Show. That's the only reason he is doing these interviews. Not for the band. I think he'd love to turn it into a regular podcast with guests. He keeps saying broadcasting was the first thing he wanted to do before being a singer. I think he thought Van Halen was his last chance for awhile, but now he's seeing opportunities. He's making music with others and doesn't seem to worry too much about tiptoeing around Edward anymore. He got his balls back!

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            Are we too tuned in...
                            Duh! Do you think everyone who listens to Carolla, Rogan and O & A regularly listen to the all of the above? Neg. I'd have gone my whole life and never listened to any of them if it was not specifically to hear Dave.
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              I have to laugh when people expect new music the year after a new album comes out.
                              Want and expect are two completely different animals. I expect nothing, but I want everything. I guess they just don't want my dollars!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Want and expect are two completely different animals. I expect nothing, but I want everything. I guess they just don't want my dollars!
                                These guys used to put out a album every year ! But they have made money and are nowhere near as hungry as they used to be. I think Dave and Wolf would be onboard for this, but not the brothers. And Ed's health is not very good these days. I will take what I can get. If it's old shows on dvd or a box set of demo's. Anything ! A new album or e.p. would be nice before they call it a day for good.

Comment

Working...