X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Hines ward is done in Pittsburgh

An era has ended in Pittsburgh. After 14 years, 1,000 catches, a Super Bowl MVP and four Pro Bowl appearances, the Pittsburgh Steelers announced that Hines Ward will be released from his contract. In a statement on the team's website, Steelers president Art Rooney II praised Ward.
    "Hines has been an integral part of our success since we drafted him in 1998 and we will forever be grateful for what he has helped us achieve. He has meant so much to this organization, both on and off the field, and we appreciate his efforts over the past 14 years. Hines' accomplishments are numerous, and he will always be thought of as one of the all-time great Steelers. We wish him nothing but the best."
    Ward's statement was a bit more emotional.
    "This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago.
    "I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life. To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold."
    Ward added that he believes he still has some football left to play.
    [ Y! TV: Green Bay Packers' Donald Driver on 'Dancing with the Stars' ]
    During his time with the Steelers, Ward had six seasons with 1,000 yards or more, and his 1,000 catches, 12,083 receiving yards, and 85 touchdowns are franchise records. His blocking was a key part of the Steelers' offensive success through his tenure with the team, and his hard hits were as ever-present as his smile on the sidelines.
    Ward earned two Super Bowl rings with Pittsburgh. In 2006, he was named the MVP of Super Bowl XL for making five catches for 123 yards and a touchdown.
    Though his time in a Steelers uniform is over, there are plenty of teams who need help at receiver. Fox Sports analysts Jay Glazer pointed out how in recent years, as Ward's catches declined, he went out of way to help the team's younger receivers. A characteristic like could help teams who need guidance for young talent and a tough receiver to add to their corps.
    No matter where Ward goes next, he will always be remembered as a Steeler who helped bring the franchise back to perennial contention.
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Not unexpected at all...

Great Steeler, future Hall of Famer, but his time has come....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mmrrname
      Groupie
      • May 2006

I wore a number 86 jersey to Super Bowl XL in Detroit. No question, a Hall of Famer. But I understand the move. That money will now probably go to trying to keep Mike Wallace. Brown and Sanders are excellent options at 2 and 3, and Jerricho Cotchery, who began to play well with Roethlisberger by the end of the season, will probably come back at a much better value.

I hope Hines makes a few more million next year, playing for the Seahawks, of course!
      She wanted something to regret
      Tomorrow morning

Comment

• mmrrname
        Groupie
        • May 2006

Also, they did everything they had to so that he could get to 1,000 receptions at the end of the season, when they had to win a lot of games. It's not like they totally kicked him to the curb.
        She wanted something to regret
        Tomorrow morning

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Sad day ---- I really wanted to see Hines retire as a Steeler ;-(

I just hope he doesn't sign with the Ravens or Bengals ----- DON'T PISS ME OFF !!!

See you at your Hall of Fame induction, Mr. Ward.....

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I never liked the guy.

Chargers fan born & raised in San Diego. 4th generation native. Fuck you Pittsburgh!
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
              I never liked the guy.

Chargers fan born & raised in San Diego. 4th generation native. Fuck you Pittsburgh!
              You'd love him if he were a Charger, though....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                You'd love him if he were a Charger, though....

LOL

funny how that shit works out isn't it?

Always loved Rodney Harrison. Once he left SD I wanted him to get smashed so hard on the field that his head popped off. Dirtiest player of all time.....was good to have him on our side for a while.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

He is in the new Batman movie for a few seconds...
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

With all the media coverage over what happened at that theater and all the attention on Batman. The question I have is the movie actually good? Has anyone seen it?
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I liked it. My only complain is that there were times I was unsure what Bain (Villan) was saying through his mask
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I'll be seeing it this weekend, didn't get around to it last...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• mh5150
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2010

Glad to see him go. Cheap shot player.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I dunno, he played tough but I don't remember any cheapness.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• mh5150
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              I dunno, he played tough but I don't remember any cheapness.
                              Seen him do this many times. Always after a interception .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

Working...