• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    Some guys here like Walker, Dave's PA and probably Vain have more damn shit laying around than you could imagine. You can be that way to. You can be the envy of all your friends. Hey check out this new Van Halen bootleg I just got.
    It's true... your friends go from being mildly interested to really annoyed in no-time... The technology now is amazing.. shows are popping up within 24 hours of being played.. not to mention the DVDs are sick now. So clear!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't know about you, but I don't plan on burning anything anymore. External hard-drives are so cheap now...my laptop has an HDMI-out so I just play them from the lappy. I think most people are going towards having media servers that stream via wifi to HD tvs and audio hardware. Also, I don't plan on downloading any audio-only from this tour, unless there is no video available from that night...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
        I don't know about you, but I don't plan on burning anything anymore. External hard-drives are so cheap now...my laptop has an HDMI-out so I just play them from the lappy. I think most people are going towards having media servers that stream via wifi to HD tvs and audio hardware. Also, I don't plan on downloading any audio-only from this tour, unless there is no video available from that night...
        I find myself rarely burning DVDs anymore.. I have a 27" screen that's pretty super duper and if I need to, I can send it to the 50"... Hard drives are so damn cheap now, no need to burn anything...
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

I also keep everything on drives. For the car I'll convert flacs to apple lossless and play them through my ipod. On the downstairs TV I watch videos through a PS3 that is hardwired to my router. For the upstairs TV I have a portable HD that I plug into my bluray player.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nice.
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

The only thing about hard drives is they do tend to crap out. I have 2 WD that have been hooked up to my downstairs computer for years and never had a problem with them. Then recently I bought a 2tb Seagate that died (after I put a fuck ton of music on it). I was able to slowly get all the stuff I determined to be really important off of it and onto a new WD 2tb drive and then that fucking thing crapped out.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                Originally posted by VAiN
                I find myself rarely burning DVDs anymore.. I have a 27" screen that's pretty super duper and if I need to, I can send it to the 50"... Hard drives are so damn cheap now, no need to burn anything...

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                The only thing about hard drives is they do tend to crap out. I have 2 WD that have been hooked up to my downstairs computer for years and never had a problem with them. Then recently I bought a 2tb Seagate that died (after I put a fuck ton of music on it). I was able to slowly get all the stuff I determined to be really important off of it and onto a new WD 2tb drive and then that fucking thing crapped out.
                Fuck. You guys are going to have to help me out. How do you stream to a PS3? I don't think any of my PC's have an HDMI out.

Anyway I rarely DL anything anymore but I think I'll start. I have an external here at work I'm going to use.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That's what I have at work is a seagate. I think it's a 2tb.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                    How do you stream to a PS3?
                    Do you have a PS3 and a wireless router in your house?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Do you have a PS3 and a wireless router in your house?
                      yes...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

you'll need to set up a shared folder on the PC with whatever you want to stream, and then "search for media servers" on the PS3. can't remember if there's another step in there or not. may be in the Windows Media Player properties.

i've got my 676 gig music collection and 222 gig of video (which includes 103 gig of UK Top Gear!) in shared folders which i can send to any TV/PC/PS3 in the house.

i found wireless ain't fast enough. YMMV.
                        Last edited by twonabomber; 03-06-2012, 10:25 AM.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          you'll need to set up a shared folder on the PC with whatever you want to stream, and then "search for media servers" on the PS3. can't remember if there's another step in there or not. may be in the Windows Media Player properties.

i've got my 676 gig music collection and 222 gig of video (which includes 103 gig of UK Top Gear!) in shared folders which i can send to any TV/PC/PS3 in the house.

i found wireless ain't fast enough. YMMV.
                          Shit it took me hours to figure out how to get the kids xbox live set up. I'll give the Ps3 a shot.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I was doing wireless with my old router and the videos kept locking up so I ran a wire from the router - into the wall - down into my crawl space - then up another wall and directly into the PS3.
                            I've upgraded my router since then, but figured it's probably best to stick with a hard wire because I still get occasional buffer issues with Netflix when I stream it to the upstairs TV through my bluray player.
                            I use PSMedia Server and/or TVersity as 'media servers'... I never went with Windows Media Player because when I first started with streaming, I was doing it with FLAC files and WMP wouldn't work with them. Now I pretty much just stream video files.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I have two WD 1TB drives. Each has the same files. I only hood them up when I want to clear my laptop every few months. Hopefully they won't BOTH crap out at the same time. Gigs and gigs of baby pictures/videos. When one goes, i'll get another one. What are they, $60 now?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I use PSMedia Server and/or TVersity as 'media servers'...
                                What is that.?

Comment

Working...