Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpage78
    Groupie
    • Sep 2011

lol...just scanned the links. They have people already pining for Spammy after one show. Haha. The sheep are out and ready for any perceived mess up by Dave.

Dave didn't seem to handle it professionally...but IF he is sick, that would probably explain his overreaction.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by jpage78
      lol...just scanned the links. They have people already pining for Spammy after one show. Haha. The sheep are out and ready for any perceived mess up by Dave.

Dave didn't seem to handle it professionally...but IF he is sick, that would probably explain his overreaction.
      Next show will be interesting.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

part of the fun is the way Dave would banter with the crowd...the only bantering that went on last night was with the roadies..

also....anyone who watched the downtown sessions on" you and your blues "remember how Dave is coughing and trying to clear his throat? he was doing the exact same thing last night... he hasn't had a cold for 2 months...hes got a voice issue headset or no headset

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's like a smokers cough.

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like a smokers cough.
            thats exactly what I'm thinking

Comment

• Sarge
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Never really liked Elvis. That music seems kind of dated, because this is post woodstock!
              ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
              The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
              [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• FALCO
                Groupie
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                part of the fun is the way Dave would banter with the crowd...the only bantering that went on last night was with the roadies..

also....anyone who watched the downtown sessions on" you and your blues "remember how Dave is coughing and trying to clear his throat? he was doing the exact same thing last night... he hasn't had a cold for 2 months...hes got a voice issue headset or no headset
                Hate to say I think you are dead on here sir...

Went through a little vocal issue about 20 years ago for a bit, and DLR is exhibiting all the signs of what I remember going through... chronic coughing, straining the neck as opposed to using diaphram, trying too hard vocally overcompensating, singing all over the place... AND it can seriously mess with your head, even if you are the most trained and experienced professional... the thing that worries me is that I was 23, and I recovered fairly quickly and my voice today is as strong, if not stronger in most areas than before... but Dave is late 50's so the healing element may not be there to kick in (plus I never smoked and apparently Dave still is)...

I am a singer who is a creature of habit... and I know I would be off a bit suddenly trying new things, such as a headset mic, after not using one for 40 years like DLR... when you are used to something (holding a mic a certain way, your body is positioned slightly different, etc.) you fall into a comfortable routine and your body and voice respond to that familiarity... it seemed (from the small amount of vid I have caught) that DLR seemed more comfortable holding the mic because he was shot right back into the comfort zone... yes, the vocals were a bit shot, but I will attribute that to the fact that either the cold or something else has taken a bit of a toll... he did seem more at ease...

I guess it's hard to explain to those who don't sing, and most will make fun... but I can relate and can definitely feel what he is going through... here's hoping he regains the 07/08 form, as I thought he was ROCK SOLID last tour!!!

Roth On!!!

\m/ \m/
                NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                  Never really liked Elvis!
                  ban him!!!

Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Maybe he has some serious vocal cord nodules or possibly something even more serious...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sarge
                      Never really liked Elvis.
                      I'm speechless...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I'm speechless...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          A guy at the Links who was there claims he saw DLR tell the guy he's fired at the end of Jump, TIFWIW....
                          I'm sure he's in the Union.
                          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
                            Hate to say I think you are dead on here sir...

Went through a little vocal issue about 20 years ago for a bit, and DLR is exhibiting all the signs of what I remember going through... chronic coughing, straining the neck as opposed to using diaphram, trying too hard vocally overcompensating, singing all over the place... AND it can seriously mess with your head, even if you are the most trained and experienced professional... the thing that worries me is that I was 23, and I recovered fairly quickly and my voice today is as strong, if not stronger in most areas than before... but Dave is late 50's so the healing element may not be there to kick in (plus I never smoked and apparently Dave still is)...

I am a singer who is a creature of habit... and I know I would be off a bit suddenly trying new things, such as a headset mic, after not using one for 40 years like DLR... when you are used to something (holding a mic a certain way, your body is positioned slightly different, etc.) you fall into a comfortable routine and your body and voice respond to that familiarity... it seemed (from the small amount of vid I have caught) that DLR seemed more comfortable holding the mic because he was shot right back into the comfort zone... yes, the vocals were a bit shot, but I will attribute that to the fact that either the cold or something else has taken a bit of a toll... he did seem more at ease...

I guess it's hard to explain to those who don't sing, and most will make fun... but I can relate and can definitely feel what he is going through... here's hoping he regains the 07/08 form, as I thought he was ROCK SOLID last tour!!!

Roth On!!!

\m/ \m/

Dave just needs to stop pushing the higher register so much. He didnt do it nearly as much on the 2007-08 and he sounded great that whole tour.

Prolonged "smoker's cough" or vocal cord nodules certainly complicates things ---- but keep it in his normal range and he should recover nicely.

Otherwise, I'm getting bad vibes this tour may derail sooner rather than later. [

Comment

• mug
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2005

Roth on Rob you made it home thats good wow what a nite day! John make it? Dave is boss. shut that fuking blower OFF! Line of the nite!

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                The more I read and see, the more I'm convinced he's battling a cold/cough....
                                I'm listening to the show at the moment... no doubt Dave has some sort of head/upper body cold goin on...
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...