• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Adam Lambert New Singer for Queen

From Rollingstone.com

Adam Lambert is apparently the new singer for Queen, replacing the American Idol winner's own late idol, Freddie Mercury. Lambert broke the news to the U.K.'s Daily Star.

"The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some fucking great songs," he said. "It's to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would've been proud of." Queen previously toured with former Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers taking Mercury's place.

Speculation has been high since Lambert was joined by surviving Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor during his Idol finals appearance in 2009. In November, they performed together at the MTV EMAs in Belfast.

Lambert said he had no intention of replacing Mercury, who died in 1991. "That's impossible," he said. "The way I'm choosing to view it is that it's a great honor and one I'm in no way going to shirk." Lambert's second solo album, Trespassing, is due in March.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I don't like this at all

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

No way.. this has to be some kind of joke. Really????
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        I don't like this at all

Me either.....I understand wanting to go on and all but, PLEASE STOP CALLING IT QUEEN
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

This is a very poor choice. Lambert is a whiny, over singing, emo-dork, hardly worthy of stepping into (let alone filling) Mercury's ballet slippers. If you need proof, check out the clips of him doing Queen songs at Youtube. I'd post them, but I just had dinner and wish for it to remain in my stomach.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

He's an AI winner for the love of Christ
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I worked a show of his when he played Seattle a couple years ago.....

If this move doesn't prove The Mayans correct, I don't know what does....
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                He's an AI winner for the love of Christ
                Runner up, actually. So the band is going with the guy that wasn't good enough to win a talent show, not exactly clear thinking.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

ick.

terrible choice.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

They still should have gone with George Michael, when they had the chance.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                      Me either.....I understand wanting to go on and all but, PLEASE STOP CALLING IT QUEEN

Queef?

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Who is advising May & Taylor... how could they think this is a good idea? I'm reading Tony Iommi's biography and he shared a story about Sabbath's induction into the UK Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Iommi wanted Brian May to do the induction but Sharon wanted both Brian May and Angus Young to do the induction together. May refused, thinking it would be too much of a distraction to properly honor Sabbath. He stood his ground and did the induction on his own. Why does he refuse to show the same kind of integrity and respect toward Queen's legacy? I'm a big fan of The Darkness and even when there were rumblings of Justin Hawkins doing a Queen tour, in my heart I didn't like it. I certainly don't begrudge them for making a living... but this thing now... I just don't get it. Maybe they were just floating some feelers to see what the response would be. I can't imagine them selling a lot of tickets to this show at all.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                          From Rollingstone.com
                          Queen previously toured with former Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers taking Mercury's place.
                          What a bunch of BULLSHIT!!
                          Rodgers didn't 'take' Mercurys place. It was "Queen featuring Paul Rodgers"..big difference. It was even printed on the tickets that way. I liked that collaberation and thought it was handled with class. I don't know why they can't keep that going.

Fucking Rolling Stone....get your goddamn shit together!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Runner up, actually. So the band is going with the guy that wasn't good enough to win a talent show, not exactly clear thinking.
                            As if INXS had much better luck with a "winner"

What are these bands thinking?????
                            Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• mohican
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2011

This is worst than Journey replacing Steve Perry because: a) I don't care for Journey, and b) Mercury is irreplaceable.

Comment

Working...