• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by private parts
    Installed d-tuna worked great for a while, but now getting a buzzing sound when I go to standard E. I think its the Floyd's fine tuner spring buzzing against the bottom of the d-tuna. Gonna try to fiddle with it. If I can't fix it
    the damn thing is coming off. Anybody ever had this issue with floyds?
    Neither one of my D-Tunas buzz.

I don't know if the EVH Floyds are different. I've never researched whether the Standards and Specials have different Floyds than the USA models. You'd think they would.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Neither one of my D-Tunas buzz.

I don't know if the EVH Floyds are different. I've never researched whether the Standards and Specials have different Floyds than the USA models. You'd think they would.
      The problem with the buzzing was from the Floyd not sitting properly on the body. It was raised up a hair on the low E side causing the buzzing. Cranked down the Floyd post a bit and seemed to take
      care of it. I'm still not sure on the Floyds. I don't think the "EVH Branded" Floyds are German made. But I can't imagine Eddie would use anything substandard on his own USA version.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Local GC has a newer Standard and a Peavey Special in their used inventory. I don't really care for the burst though.

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Yeah, not much of a burst on that one. Decent price on the black standard.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by private parts
            Got this baby Friday. I love how this guitar feels - neck feels like silk.
            I am not a shredder yet (actually more of a beginner / intermediate level player),
            but this thing has me inspired!

Had a couple of friends of mine put it through its paces this weekend and they loved it.

Was originally looking at the black burst color until I saw this very, very unique blue burst. Note the "monster" face in the maple quilt between the pick-ups.
            That sold me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17071[/ATTACH]
            Wow. That is sooooooooooooooo suburban.

Comment

• private parts
              Sniper
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
              Wow. That is sooooooooooooooo suburban.
              Well I guess I've gotten in your head now. Suck my shroom Horseface.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Oh, I can't that would be considered "mean" by the F A T Zahzoo. Who is not only a Nazi but a hypocrite and a Nazi.

You on the other hand, are just a F A T piece of a racist shit

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

I want to be a Nazi too.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Slime Green Wolfgang Standards? Um, Steve Vai style?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Roasted maple neck too. I picked up a 5150 Deluxe guitar a few months ago and it’s breaking in and becoming my favorite guitar to play at the moment. I never liked the Wolfgang. I got a 1973 Marshall 1987x 50 watt amp that’s pretty aggressive sounding when cranked and I slave that into to a Power Station and run some delay in the effects loop and drive a EVH 2x12 cab. I have a EQ pedal and a MXR Echoplex pre-amp on the front. Best sound I’ve ever gotten. I’m running a Sino 12Ax7 in V1 and NOS Siemens EL 34’s in the power section. If you can find a Sino tube that’s not microphonic they sound great on the front end of an old Marshall. The Power Station is cool. It’s a tube 100 watt amp with a speaker load in it. You can use it to quiet a large amp or boost a small one. It does not color the sound as bad as most attenuators do. It’s cheaper than getting a UA OX which I hear are good. I built a 68 Super Lead kit I got from Metropolous a few years ago and it has a built in Variac feature but my 73 MK II 50 watt sounds more VH.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-29-2020, 09:13 PM.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...