X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Most of the articles I've read state that the President doesn't make the call to go to the bunker, but the Secret Service does.
    Well, I'd tend to imagine the President made the call today to have his potpourri of law enforcement protecting the White House launch tear gas, hurl flash bangs and fire rubber bullets into the non-violent protesters across the street in order to move them several blocks away from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue so the President could walk outside the WH gates and have his photo op at the boarded-up church...while, holding up a Bible, no less.

Pathetic: if it had been Pence doing that, one could almost understand it in terms of Pence's religious sincerity, which nobody questions re: Pence's belief. With Trump, it was just a lame, cynical pr stunt, throwing red meat to the evangelical faction of his base.

I mean, shit, if Trump simply wanted to clear the protesters away from the White House because he was convinced - or somebody told him - they were a tangible, physical security threat, okay...I get that. ANY president I can imagine making that call. To do it for a bullshit photo op? Even for Trump, whom I honestly believe is a coward when all is said and done, that was a lame move.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I think it's not unreasonable under the circumstances to burn the Minneapolis police station down but I don't really understand the logic behind looting in a different State hundreds of miles away though.
      There is no logic, other than local vandal thief punks taking advantage of legitimate protests in order to cause mayhem, steal and deface property: these pieces of shit probably have no idea who Floyd was. Nor do they care about Floyd was, much the same as they doubtless don't care about burning their own neighborhoods to the ground and the lives of their own neighbors who get disrupted in the process, or how the looting diminishes the point the protesters are trying to make.

I can't say it is reasonable to burn any police station down, but at least that would be far more understandable then, say, lighting a neighborhood gas station on fire.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
        I can't say it is reasonable to burn any police station down
        Well usually that is my default position but...

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think it's not unreasonable under the circumstances to burn the Minneapolis police station down but I don't really understand the logic behind looting in a different State hundreds of miles away though.
          I understand the symbolism of targeting the police station... but then again this was the action of an individual and the destruction of property does nothing to address the systemic problem of racism and violence against other humans... all it does is give an outlet for rage. I don't put much hope in rage leading to any form of resolution...

The looting in any location, near or far, is simple criminal activity. Nothing more... every person involved should be incarcerated fully.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There was a peaceful protest in my home town yesterday. No issues. Police chief said the city was not on lockdown.

FB is full of fake alerts, from "they're moving toward (city)!" to claims of rocks being thrown from freeway overpasses.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As far as I know, all of the protests here in Olympia have been peaceful so far. But I've also seen parades of cop cars speeding past my house late at night - sirens & disco lights going and all - for the last two nights, so fuck knows what's up with that. They shouldn't need the sirens if they're just going to the donut shop, since there's not a lot of traffic around at night.

The local fish wrapper did mention that a couple of "outside agitators" did try to stir up shit at one of the protests, but they were politely told to get the fuck out. Being the state capitol, we do seem to be the target for various right wing shit stirrers ever since the Orange Imbecile has been occupying the White House (or White House Bunker)
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Donald (6) Johann (6) Drumpf (6) - The Abomination of Desolation

“When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whosoever readeth, let him understand),

“Then let them who are in Judea flee into the mountains;

“Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;

“Neither let him who is in the field return back to take his clothes.

“And woe unto those who are with child, and to those who nurse children in those days!

“But pray that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day;

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

Matt. 24:15-22
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    There was a peaceful protest in my home town yesterday. No issues. Police chief said the city was not on lockdown.

FB is full of fake alerts, from "they're moving toward (city)!" to claims of rocks being thrown from freeway overpasses.
                    Social media in general (and obviously this isn't limited to the riots) tends to spread bullshit rumors: last Saturday night when the riot/looting was going on in Tampa, there were dozens upon dozens of posts being made in real time while the stuff was happening claiming that such and such took place (or was taking place) in terms of physical actions that turned out to be total bullshit come next morning when the dust settled...all these specious claims (such and such store was burned down, such and such store owner was murdered by looters, etc.) that were spun up out of nothing far as I can tell.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD

“When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whosoever readeth, let him understand),

“Then let them who are in Judea flee into the mountains;

“Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;

“Neither let him who is in the field return back to take his clothes.

“And woe unto those who are with child, and to those who nurse children in those days!

“But pray that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day;

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

Matt. 24:15-22
                      One of the worst public relations disaster by a modern president, any president.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What the photo doesn't show was that Trumpo had his goons evict peaceful protesters with gas from the area around the church. I mean, he's a total cunt but maybe someone with his instincts might have recognized he'd have been much better off mixing and meeting peaceful protesters instead of his Hitler-riffic pose with the bible he never reads in front of a church he never attends...

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

There’s some funny memes here too, things on fire, lightening strikes. The background words.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            There’s some funny memes here too, things on fire, lightening strikes. The background words.
                            It was peaceful here as far as the protests, they broke up early. Anything else was broke up by some impressive lightening and hail. I initially thought the thunder was flashbangs lol...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Thousands of people in London seem to think they can somehow influence police policies in the USA by going on a march.

This seems a little unwise in the middle of a pandemic...

It comes as UK police chiefs say they stand alongside all those "appalled and horrified" by the death.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Thousands of people in London seem to think they can somehow influence police policies in the USA by going on a march.

This seems a little unwise in the middle of a pandemic...

It comes as UK police chiefs say they stand alongside all those "appalled and horrified" by the death.

Some reality.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...