Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    In retrospect, RARO wasn't exactly Earth-shattering artwork to begin with.

It's also interesting to note that the image in Full Bug's post is in fact larger than the one that will be on the actual CD. (Compare a standard CD case to it. )

Even so, (and I'm not even totally sure why), I'll be picking this up. Yes, I bought Psycho Circus as well, but perhaps this time I do not have a heightened sense of expectation. Besides, three discs for 12 bucks is still a bargain these days, and at least one of 'em will be worth it.
    RARO is my favorite KISS album....

I know Destroyer gets all the publicity, but RARO had some excellent songs as well.... I also think Take Me was possibly their most underrated song...

But yeah, horrible decision to basically copy the RARO album cover, use some creativity for Christ sakes...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 12:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    Here's an oldie but goodie from 1974...that old broad "recognizes" Gene!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    I posted another version of this video on youtube a few years ago...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Heard the new sample, sounds more like something from Revenge era...pretty cool!!!

BTW terrible cover art!!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

That album cover is fucking horrible!!!!! WTF?!? Klassic KISS? That song is a throw away from the 80's. That snipet tells me what I already knew, Paul is stuck in the 80s. His shitty solo album sounded like it was from '87 and this turd isn't any better. Fuck, quit hyping "our new album is classic kiss". Fuck off. I knew when I heard Paul was producing it what it would sound like. KISS producing their own albums is like representing yourself in court. You've got a fool for a client.

As far as the "extra" cd/dvd with the album, have you heard this re-recorded shit? It is atrocious. Slow and muddy. They are trying so hard to play it note for note, there is no energy. And a dvd of a handful of songs from scab KI$$, who wants to see that?? If you're going to put a dvd in, Metallica had a cool idea, play the entire new album live for the dvd. Rehashed bath water.
    Last edited by indeedido; 08-17-2009 at 11:28 AM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Boy, they are raw there....

Gene has said they had no idea prior to the show that someone from the band had to join the panel and that they basically volunteered Gene....

I try to explain to my son about how NO ONE knew what these guys looked like for 10 years, and how it could never happen nowadays....

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

That cover art is pretty much as lame as the Bible Black video by Sabbath, oops, Heaven and Hell.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Might sound petty, but Thayer and Singer in Ace and Peter's makeup just isn't right.

Not onstage, and even less so on an album cover.

Regardless of who now owns the rights to the makeup likenesses, or if Ace and Peter are being compensated for said use or whatever...it's just cheesy and wrong, and it doesn't matter what bullshit justification the band or their fans give for why they think it isn't. Not to me.

Only four people on the planet deserve to wear that makeup, and neither Thayer nor Singer are among those four.

8. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (08-21-2009),indeedido (08-17-2009)

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuckin A I had that 8 track.......

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Might sound petty, but Thayer and Singer in Ace and Peter's makeup just isn't right.

Not onstage, and even less so on an album cover.

Regardless of who now owns the rights to the makeup likenesses, or if Ace and Peter are being compensated for said use or whatever...it's just cheesy and wrong, and it doesn't matter what bullshit justification the band or their fans give for why they think it isn't. Not to me.

Only four people on the planet deserve to wear that makeup, and neither Thayer nor Singer are among those four.
    Absolutely. More than anything, those four images signify what is close to a trademark for fans of the band, signifying an era. Ace will always be the spaceman, Peter will remain the cat. Simmons and Stanley can talk until they are blue in the face saying this is KISS, but the truth is that this is a variation of the band, an altogether different incarnation that is being put forth under a false premise. Say what you will about the merits of costume revision brought about by Vinny Vincent and Eric Carr, but at least there was an acknowledgment of change, one that spoke to an attempt toward honesty.

11. 4 users say thank you to chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (08-21-2009),indeedido (08-17-2009),Terry (08-17-2009),WACF (08-18-2009)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Absolutely. More than anything, those four images signify what is close to a trademark for fans of the band, signifying an era. Ace will always be the spaceman, Peter will remain the cat. Simmons and Stanley can talk until they are blue in the face saying this is KISS, but the truth is that this is a variation of the band, an altogether different incarnation that is being put forth under a false premise. Say what you will about the merits of costume revision brought about by Vinny Vincent and Eric Carr, but at least there was an acknowledgment of change, one that spoke to an attempt toward honesty.
    Well, that's just it; Vincent and Carr were their own characters.

I think what is currently happening is dishonest in a way. No, Gene and Paul aren't claiming Thayer and Singer are Frehley and Criss, but I doubt they'd even pause if there were more than a few non-hardcore fans going to their shows who were under the impression they were seeing the original band.

I suppose it's only a certain segment of longtime fans who even give a toss about it, but it's kind of, in a loose way, like any version of "Van Halen" that doesn't contain Roth, Ed, Al and Mike calling itself Van Halen. Or any other band that loses members yet keeps the name; it sends a signal that the name (and in the case of KISS the makeup) was kept due to a failure of nerve and a lack of guts in relinquishing a brand name that no longer represents what made that name a brand in the first place.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 856 Posts

Cover art is crap...Rock and Roll Over much? LOL

As far as the song's concerned...meh. It's not the worst Kiss has ever done, but it also kinda tells me the downhill slant hasn't stopped...very early 80s sounding, maybe Creatures of the Night era? Not the throwback that's been promised. Still, I'm sure I'll get it...can't be as bad as Psycho Suckass was...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    Cover art is crap...Rock and Roll Over much? LOL

As far as the song's concerned...meh. It's not the worst Kiss has ever done, but it also kinda tells me the downhill slant hasn't stopped...very early 80s sounding, maybe Creatures of the Night era? Not the throwback that's been promised. Still, I'm sure I'll get it...can't be as bad as Psycho Suckass was...
    That's what I don't get. After hyping the shit out of the album being a "return back to 1977", their new single (from that snippet) sounds nothing like something off of Love Gun or RARO. As you said, yes, it sounds more like KISS circa 1982-83. It sounds okay but again its an example of the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of Paul and Gene.

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There's a weird rumour that actually Ace and Peter played guitars and drums on this new disc LOL!!!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-03-2013 @ 05:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser!! View Post
    There's a weird rumour that actually Ace and Peter played guitars and drums on this new disc LOL!!!
    I think we can throw out that rumor........lol....

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Some more info on the cover from FAQ

Behind The Sonic Boom Cover With Michael Doret (KISSFAQ.COM)

The cover art for the new KISS album, "Sonic Boom," was created by Michael Doret, who also designed the band's classic "Rock And Roll Over" album cover.

Regarding how the new artwork came together, Doret writes on his blog, "When Paul Stanley [KISS guitarist/vocalist] came by my studio to discuss how to proceed on the art for the cover of their upcoming CD/DVD package, 'Sonic Boom', I had no idea what to expect. I hadn't met with him since working on 'Rock And Roll Over', and had very little memory of what that had been like.

"Any anxiety I had melted away when we started talking. Paul is a 'gentlemen's gentleman' and I immediately felt at ease talking with him — as if all those years had not intervened since the last time we had spoken.

"After some small talk, he explained what he was after with the new cover art. His vision for this album was to make it as vital and raw as it had been when they did 'Rock And Roll Over.' He felt that that had been some of the best work that they had ever done, and wanted the new album to recreate that energy both musically and visually. While he didn't want me to reprise what I had done with my art for the earlier cover, he did want me to try to capture some of the same spirit, attitude, energy, and look that I had instilled in that piece. Also, one of his stipulations was that unlike 'Rock And Roll Over' (where I had created abstract, graphic versions of the KISS personas), this time he wanted photographic representations of the four group members in full makeup.

"When I did 'Rock And Roll Over,' I had a 12" canvas to work on. Now with CD covers and digital booklets, that canvas had been reduced to less than 40&#37; of its original size. Designing in a 4&#190;" space poses some very different problems from what I faced while working on covers for vinyl releases. In fact, the older cover design would not have worked at that size; its many elements would have felt crowded into a small space. So the elements of 'Sonic Boom' had to be bigger, bolder — and fewer. I made the decision to make the title the main focus of the graphics, moving the other elements (faces, KISS logo) into prominent — but subordinate—roles.

"So I set about putting pencil to paper and trying to solve this the way I solve any other design problem. I did not want to get psyched-out by thinking too much about how the new design would compare with 'Rock And Roll Over.' That cover had taken on a life of its own and had become a pop culture icon. Creating an iconic cover could not have been one of my goals. All I was capable of doing was to try to create the most compelling graphics possible within the parameters and limitations that had been set out for me. So I started out at the core of this design by creating what I call a 'word constellation' out of the title. I tried to make it communicate its meaning visually by not only making it angular and 'explosive,' but also by creating a shape that was somewhat suggestive of flight — a 'flying wing,' if you will. Bearing in mind the symmetrical, mandala-like layout of 'Rock And Roll Over,' I started designing the new piece as a field growing out of the center of the square, with the four members faces moving outwards from the center, and capped with my version of the ubiquitous KISS logo.

"It took about a week for me to develop my sketch to the point where I felt confident in what I had come up with. As I had done with 'Rock And Roll Over,' I felt so strongly about this cover design that I decided to not present any other options — I wanted this to be the ONE.

"This is the rough pencil [see below] I first presented to Paul. I held my breath as he first took it in, and then was able to exhale when I saw a big smile appear on his face."

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    paul is a 'gentlemen's gentleman'
    lmao!!

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I know guys that are fans..but don't pay attention to any of the band details.

They would see the new cover and not think twice about whether Ace and Peter are in the band or not.

They just would just see the Kiss they remember...and think that is what it is.

I think...to a degree...that is what Gene and Paul are after...the casual fan that would not know.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

his vision for this album was to make it as vital and raw as it had been when they did 'rock and roll over.' he felt that that had been some of the best work that they had ever done, and wanted the new album to recreate that energy both musically and visually. While he didn't want me to reprise what i had done with my art for the earlier cover, he did want me to try to capture some of the same spirit, attitude, energy, and look that i had instilled in that piece. ."
    fail!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Said rumor probably started with Gene and Paul.

Singer is a capable enough drummer.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Paul is a 'gentlemen's gentleman'
    "Nice Dick"

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The full track for the new song "Modern Day Delilah" is now up at www.kissonline.com

Not bad. Sounds like 80s KISS though.

25. 3 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

atomicpunk5151 (08-19-2009),chefcraig (08-19-2009),indeedido (08-20-2009)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    The full track for the new song "Modern Day Delilah" is now up at KISSONLINE.com > Home

Not bad. Sounds like 80s KISS though.
    I think the song sounds great now that I've heard the whole thing.
    Nice solo.
    I hear a little bit of "Watchin' You" in the riff.
    If this is a true precursor as to what else is going to be on the disc, I think I will enjoy it.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm going to be curious to see how many of these new songs make it into the live set.

When I saw AC/DC they played 5 songs off 'Black Ice' and it made me wonder that if a band makes one of these Wal-Mart deals... does Wal-Mart require (or heavily influence) the band into pushing the new disc by playing 'X' amount of songs off it when they go on tour to support it.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I will just go with OK so far. I will give it a few more listens.

They also have a track by track review from Quietus up:

KISSONLINE.com > News > SONIC BOOM TRACK-BY-TRACK REVIEW

++

Also looks like 2 different songs have references to pulling the trigger of a gun......lol

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    I'm going to be curious to see how many of these new songs make it into the live set.

When I saw AC/DC they played 5 songs off 'Black Ice' and it made me wonder that if a band makes one of these Wal-Mart deals... does Wal-Mart require (or heavily influence) the band into pushing the new disc by playing 'X' amount of songs off it when they go on tour to support it.

Looks like KISS will play a bunch of songs off Sonic Boom, in the next tour!!!

They've mentioned in some interviews, this new music were made to be played alive...

BTW, I really enjoyed "Modern Day Delilah"!!! I thought those falsettos were a bit weird at first...but was just the first impression.

And I can't believe I'm saying this but Tommy's solo is pretty cool!!!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

After I get off my soap box of not the promised '70s sound, I can say it is ok. Not great. Sounds like '80s KISS. I'm dissappointed in that, but '80s KISS is passable in today's musical environment. As a long time KISS fan, I'll get it to add to my collection, but it isn't anything to write home about. They usually gouge the fans for extra dough with an import version with one extra track. With Wal-Marts involvement looks like that won't happen.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll add after hearing the solo twice now, it's pretty cool. I was never a fan of Bruce Kulick, so now we have '80s KISS with Thayer. Solo is in the vein of Frehley, but it's not the ACE! Too bad they didn't get their shit together with Psycho Suckass and go in a classic direction with Ace on all the songs. Such is life.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ACE FREHLEY Says New KISS Single Sounds Like It Could Have Been Recorded In The '80s - Aug. 20, 2009
    Bob Suehs of Rock N Roll Experience conducted an interview with original KISS guitarist earlier today (Thursday, August 20). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rock N Roll Experience: Have you heard the new KISS single, "Modern Day Delilah" (audio stream available below)?

Ace Frehley: Actually, I did. I thought it was a good song. Paul's [Stanley, guitar, vocals] always been a really good writer and the only thing that I would say that the song didn't live up to was the fact that I believe they said that all the new songs were going to sound like stuff from the '70s, and I didn't get that. The new song sounded like it could be something off an album they did in the '80s. That's what I got, but I thought it was a good song.

Rock N Roll Experience: What do you think of KISS selling their new CD exclusively through Wal-Mart?

Ace Frehley: It seems that more and more groups are going with major chains, and I mean, I guess there's a plus to the fact that they'll give you a large advance, but the minus is the album is only available in that chain of stores. I guess there's pluses and minuses to everything. I mean, I entertained that idea, but, for me, I thought it was better that my album be available everywhere.

Rock N Roll Experience: The horrible thing is though, there's not many record shops left these days outside of the major chains.

Ace Frehley: Yeah, well, I guess the Internet has something to do with that (laughs); it's just the way of the future. I mean, I started off with albums, I saw cassettes come into play, from cassettes it went to CDs and now I see CDs disappearing.

Rock N Roll Experience: Out of all the KISS merchandise from over the years, what was your favorite KISS merch?

Ace Frehley: I guess the dolls were probably the silliest (laughs) and most favorite, I guess. I mean, most of that stuff was kinda silly, and after I left the group, it got even sillier, so...

Rock N Roll Experience: How would you like people to remember Ace Frehley?

Ace Frehley: I believe I have, from my peers, which makes me feel good, I've never compromised my music. I just wanna be remembered as somebody who had some integrity, a good singer and songwriter and performer and someone who really didn't have any bad things to say about anybody, ya know, I just wanted to get along with everybody, and try to give some people pleasure.

Read the entire interview from Rock N Roll Experience.

33. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

indeedido (08-21-2009)

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good read! Sounds like something they would have done in the '80s, no doubt. Klassic!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rumor has it that KISS will play MSG on 10/10/09

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rumor has it that KISS will play MSG on 10/10/09
    What ever came of that FAN routed tour deal? Is the start in NYC?

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

"Modern Day Delilah" - I like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnhsd...layer_embedded

And yeah it does sound 80's, but not too poppy...

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

They've mentioned in some interviews, this new music were made to be played alive...
    Yes but Paul also said a while back that they'd never do any new albums because the fan base just wants to hear the old songs. They weren't buying the new music and they would sit down for the new songs on tour.

What changed???

$$$$$$

39. 2 users say thank you to Mr. Vengeance for this KICKASS post:

bueno bob (08-24-2009),indeedido (08-21-2009)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Former Kiss Guitarist Is Hotter Than Hell, Sues

Posted Aug 23rd 2009 9: 05PM by TMZ Staff

Former Kiss guitarist Vinnie Vincent has sued the band several times since he left the group back in 1984 -- but this time he's thrown a cable network into the mix.

Vincent is suing the band, along with A&E Television Networks, for using his image without his permission. According to a lawsuit filed earlier this month, Vincent claims his image was used in a DVD boxed set called "Kissology Volume II." In addition to that, Vincent claims his image image was used as part of the "roast" episode of A&E's show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels."

Vincent also claims Simmons defamed him on an A&E show called "Private Sessions," though he doesn't specify what defamatory statements were made.

Vincent is seeking unspecified damages.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Monday, August 24, 2009
    Kiss North American Tour Announced!
    Kissonline has now announced the tour dates for the fall. The dates are the following:

Sep. 25 - Detroit, MI - Cobo Arena
    Sep. 26 - Detroit, MI - Cobo Arena
    Sep. 28 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
    Sep. 29 - London, ONT - John Labatt Centre
    Oct. 01 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    Oct. 02 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    Oct. 03 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
    Oct. 05 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    Oct. 09 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
    Oct. 10 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    Oct. 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
    Oct. 13 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
    Oct. 16 - Hampton, VA - Hampton Coliseum
    Oct. 17 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center
    Oct. 19 - Pensacola, FL - Civic Center
    Oct. 21 - Tampa, FL - St Pete Times Forum
    Oct. 22 - Sunrise, FL - Bankatlantic Center
    Oct. 24 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC
    Oct. 26 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
    Oct. 28 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center
    Oct. 29 - Little Rock, AR - Verizon Arena
    Nov. 06 - Chicago, IL - United Center
    Nov. 07 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
    Nov. 09 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
    Nov. 10 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
    Nov. 12 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
    Nov. 14 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place
    Nov. 15 - Seattle, WA - Keyarena
    Nov. 17 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden
    Nov. 20 - Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena
    Nov. 21 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena
    Nov. 24 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
    Nov. 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
    Nov. 27 - San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
    Nov. 28 - Las Vegas, NV - tba
    Dec. 01 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.Com Arena
    Dec. 02 - El Paso, TX - Utep
    Dec. 04 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
    Dec. 05 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
    Dec. 06 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Tickets will be availabe at Ticketmaster.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I guess there are more people in big cities to vote for the fan routed tour. Not seeing smallville on here. A calculated PR stunt for Gene. Well played.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Former Kiss Guitarist Is Hotter Than Hell, Sues

Posted Aug 23rd 2009 9: 05PM by TMZ Staff

Former Kiss guitarist Vinnie Vincent has sued the band several times since he left the group back in 1984 -- but this time he's thrown a cable network into the mix.

Vincent is suing the band, along with A&E Television Networks, for using his image without his permission. According to a lawsuit filed earlier this month, Vincent claims his image was used in a DVD boxed set called "Kissology Volume II." In addition to that, Vincent claims his image image was used as part of the "roast" episode of A&E's show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels."

Vincent also claims Simmons defamed him on an A&E show called "Private Sessions," though he doesn't specify what defamatory statements were made.

Vincent is seeking unspecified damages.

Poor ol' Vinny. He sues then literally every year like clockwork. He is fucking desperate. Just go get a job at guitar center like Mark St. John (RIP) and move on.

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2013 @ 07:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Surely Stanley/Simmons wouldn`t have let Vinnie have the rights to his make up?

Even in `82 they must have had that sewn up, especially after Peter left in 1980.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Badguy View Post
    Surely Stanley/Simmons wouldn`t have let Vinnie have the rights to his make up?

Even in `82 they must have had that sewn up, especially after Peter left in 1980.
    Apparently, yes, Vinnie still owns the rights to his makeup design and get this, ALSO, Eric Carr's makeup (which may also be a reason why they never thought of putting Eric Singer in Carr's makeup instead of Peter's).

Vinnie's Egyptian Ankh mug is there on the back cover of the KISSOLOGY II DVD.

Thread Information