A Statement Of Fact Regarding Roth Army And The Mighty Van Halen.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My days spent caring about this band are quickly dwindling. Could just be my advanced age (at least I'm younger than you, HR!) and my desire for complete simplicity in life, but I just don't get caught up in the day to day rumors, wonderings, ponderings anymore and can barely even muster interest in anything less than an official word from the band.

I don't hate anyone. I will always love this band and all it has given me over the years. I will always love and keep close the music they have given me. The rest just doesn't matter anymore.

I will buy any new music if and when it happens. I will see them on tour if and when it happens. Beyond that I'm letting go of it all, physically and mentally. Everything short of the music and Dave's book are going on Ebay when I feel ambitious enough to tackle that! Scrapbooks went in the garbage already last year.

I feel more liberated already. It is extremely exhausting loving this band. It shouldn't be that way. I'm too tired and old for it. OK, I'm only in my 40's like most of you, but I've been there since 1978 and it's been a long, long journey!

Edward has always said he's just a musician. He is ignorant to the idea that there are people out there that spend every day waiting and wondering. Most people don't get that. In the end, I try not to judge what other people do. Just because he doesn't do everything the way we want him to is really our problem, not his. Let go of your expectations of others and life goes on with no disappointments.

Remember the good old days and enjoy whatever comes in the future as it comes! It's all good!

Sermon over. Peace out, Army!
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• John_Downing
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2011

I am waiting for somebody to BUST me out for posting off topic. Let me say in advance. Excuse me.

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Thumbs up HR!!!
        GREAT POST

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by John_Downing
          I am waiting for somebody to BUST me out for posting off topic. Let me say in advance. Excuse me.
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Blaze
            Catherine was one of the best pieces Eddie ever gave. You want programmed rock. Input formula out put formulated. Even if the ChiChi's started flooding the channels with a free download daily.. it would be like eeww.. but but we what the refraction We want the KFC (Sony). Only franchised flavors will do. Art of sound oh no... that will not do! Give prefabbed! Give the standard fare.
            programmed piece chi chi flood down load eeww but but want flavor no that will not do give give...

yes it was good for me but not as good a sammiches now get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans...
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

You can go fuck yourselves. Go jump in front of a fucking train. Go die in a fire.
              You obviously have nothing in between your worthless fucking ears but air. It is obvious to anyone who does have half a brain that you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

That's all I have to say, except that you trolls can go eat shit and fucking die.
              You know, I'd love to go to a seminar with you where the focus is on people building skills.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

On subject: > I always thought this site was about us hanging out and jiving the booshay of that that what makes a day Van Halen is the reason we come together and I agree with all that has been said but really...music is something that lies in the hands of the creator.

I am sure none of these guys are sitting in a dark corner waiting to make fans happy.

Like us they probably think they will spend thier money doing what we do having a good time not speculating with it on a 75 million dollar possibility of sucsess tour / record deal.

I want professional thought to be what I grasp from any VH Roth project.
                Like NG I have no ill will anymore

and Yokos' new tv show hot in cleveland is funny as hell..lol
                Last edited by clarathecarrot; 11-05-2011, 12:04 PM.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hardrock69 for President!!

Well played sir!!!
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I thank Ed for giving us some unique music and guitar work that will stand on it's own brilliance over time. To be honest, I'm amazed Eddie Van Halen is still alive due to his various addictions to substances and poor lack of judgement. The man was known to drive fast drunk. Amazing he never got in a car wreck. He's a testament the human body can take a real load of booze, nicotine, and cocaine and still keep going. The man is alive and fortunately he didn't kill anyone driving his cars drunk but he did kill his career and he did kill his band.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Michael Jordan was at one time the greatest basketball player in the world, surrounded by a team with talent of their own, who together were a virtually unstoppable force. Highlight films of his heyday are something to behold and fans of his are fortunate to be able to procure them should they be so inclined. At the same time these fans KNOW that his time in the sun has passed, he knows it too. It would be ludicrous to think anybody is waiting for him to return and perform at the level he once did all those summers ago.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

yeah, but basketball sucks and rock music rules. bad analogy. HR; skeletor wants to go to a SEMENar with ya!!!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Excellent post, HR!!

And btw, Bleater...tell that "past his prime" shit to Jeff Beck, still peeling paint off walls (of arenas) well into his 60s. Don't count Ed out.
                          Last edited by jhale667; 11-05-2011, 04:35 PM.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John_Downing
                            You were speaking to the greatness of Van Halen, so I don't think that was off topic at all. It's not like you made basketball analogies or something stupid like that.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                              You know, I'd love to go to a seminar with you where the focus is on people building skills.
                              I could teach a college-level course on people building skills.

But, on the reverse, I could teach a college-level course on people destruction skills.

You could too.

I also would love to attend a course with you. On whatever subject. It would be interesting to see you get pissed off and unload on someone who deserves it. But then, I have seen that here.

Poor Jimmy Page. I just heard from my inside sources that he is ready to commit suicide because you hate his guts.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Oh, and it seems people from other sites have been reading my post. Have heard from some peeps who totally understand where I am coming from.

I wrote this not only on my behalf, but on the behalf of everyone who has expressed irritation or frustration over the never-ending soap opera coming from Coldwater Canyon.

Like Pojo says....lotsa peeps are fed up with the shit and just want the band (the original 4) to get out and tour.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone.

Comment

Working...