X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I'm not sure about that I guess because no one is.

The only 'proper' research I saw said they were 10-20% effective, I think there are problems properly measuring stuff like that and if you try and research using real world numbers it's difficult because maybe the kind of people who wear masks are also more careful with other things. It seems like common sense to think that it's better than nothing but it can become a bit crazy.

The rules here towards the end of the year were that in a nightclub if you were standing you had to have a mask on unless you were dancing. The couple of gigs I had around Xmas New Year were cancelled in the end but I was wondering in lead up if we should be trying to get the audience to dance or telling them not to.
    We may have read the same proper research... 10-20% effective equates to mostly (80-90%) ineffective in my view. I'm not saying masks don't help... it's just in practical applications today, with a mix of useless, poor, fair to decent masks people are wearing... the limited percentage that are wearing them correctly, if at all pretty much makes the whole effort useless.

Here's the article I had been following from a UK study: https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2...al-public.html

PS Kristy... I did google "mask effectiveness Fox news"... they sighted the same study I posted above. I got the link from a Covid list serve which the Arkansas Dept of Health had posted the link... But it does appear Fox News is reporting legitimate scientific study material. Maybe I should follow them more...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      But it does appear Fox News is reporting legitimate scientific study material. Maybe I should follow them more...
      Oh dear Lord.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

When do we get our free hazmat suits from the government?
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          Oh dear Lord.
          Maybe your prayers will be answered and you'll finally hook up with Von...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...