Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So to recap and give you an even bigger picture clue.

1) It came out in 1984
    2) It made the Billboard top 30
    3) The guitarist went on to work with Dave Lee Roth
    4) The band was named after one of the members but not the singer.
    5) It was not a soundtrack album
    6) It's not that great.

Surely someone can get it from that...?

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Only thing I can come up with is Craig Goldy and Giuffria.

That cover is from the re-issue! The original is just black and white.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

That cover is from the re-issue!
        I actually have that lp..trying to remember the single without cheating..

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I remember two songs. Video of one.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Finally we have a winner!

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I didnt cheat..Call to your heart

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So you guys even had the album and didn't get it?

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't have it but I knew of them. Call To The Heart is on Sirius Hair Nation all the time, and that's the video I remembered.

Giuffria was the one band I thought of that was a last name but I looked up the album and kept finding just the black and white cover. Today I saw the one with the red on it.

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

never heared this ! never heared these names, more informations , please!
                    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Is your Google broken?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Songfacts: You also wrote a song with David Lee Roth ("Lady Luck" from A Little Ain't Enough).

Craig: Yeah. He was a great guy. It actually came from a failure, which often happens. Me and David Isley from Giuffria were working on a project, and Geffen Records had given us some money to go into the studio. We wrote some songs and then they passed on it, so I sent those songs to Warner Brothers to see if maybe one of these songs might be used for another project or band, and it sat around for a couple of years.

Next thing I know I get a call from David Lee Roth at my home. He goes, "Hey, Dave Roth here. Is this Craig? Hey, I liked your shit, man. Can we do some more? Have you got any more?" I'm like, "Yeah, I've got tons of stuff." "What about Wednesday?" It was Monday. I go, "Yeah." I didn't have anything. [Laughs] So I just scrambled. I went and bought his solo albums. I think mine was the third. And so I didn't duplicate. Because some guys, you never know, you accidentally do something similar and they'll, you know. So I made sure that none of the stuff he did with Steve Vai or any of that stuff was similar. Not putting myself in the same category as Steve Vai, just didn't want to accidentally reproduce something that he's already done.

So I came up with a couple of cool riffs, and then showed up at his house with Bob Ezrin, who worked with everybody. But at the time it was the Pink Floyd thing that got me [Ezrin co-produced Pink Floyd's The Wall]. I was like, "Wow, David Lee Roth and Bob Ezrin!"

I was playing him some stuff and he stops the tape and he goes, "That's cool, man, that's great. Let's do that." So he would have me come to his house and play the ideas, and his band would be there and they'd learn my stuff and rehearse it for him to record. We wrote a bunch of songs and I thought what he did was really smart. He wrote about 25 songs and then recorded each and every one of them, demoed them off. That's one other hurdle that a lot of people miss, is that you write a great song, and then when you record it, something happens, and it doesn't come out as special as you think it's going to for whatever reason. So he got that process out of the way: whatever rose to the top, he used, regardless. I thought that was really smart. I'm sure a lot of people do that, but I didn't know that process at the time, and I was just going through my thing at the time learning all those songs and stuff.

So we spent some time together. We became kind of friends, and he'd invite me out to do stuff and we'd hang out at his house afterwards and talk. He was a great guy, and he was very polite and very funny. He was definitely "David Lee Roth." That was not a cartoon character he created for his stage presence. That was just who he was. But he was very smart and caring behind the scenes.

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

thanks sehsmeister ! I'm not at my home! does Craig is credited on the CD with dave ?
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

I would have never got that. Never heard of them or him or it. I don't think it's cheating to search for an album cover if you have no idea who's album it is. If you've never seen it there's no way you're going to figure it out if you don't.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vaijuju
                              thanks sehsmeister ! I'm not at my home! does Craig is credited on the CD with dave ?
                              Yes he gets a co-writing credit on that one song.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

You sure that's not a bunch of long haired dudes lip syncing a Survivor tune?
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...