During Which Song Will You Go For A Leak and/or Beer Counter During The Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

yeah, good old ash hasn't had a drink at a concert in 23 years... the upsides; i remember every detail of every show i've been to since 1988. as designated driver, my mates usually part pay for my ticket.

my philosophy is i can get blasted during the debrief the next night!!! WIN!!!

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

ill take a piss or head for the exit during jump every time even if it is the encore...fucking hate that song

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
        yeah, good old ash hasn't had a drink at a concert in 23 years... the upsides; i remember every detail of every show i've been to since 1988. as designated driver, my mates usually part pay for my ticket.

my philosophy is i can get blasted during the debrief the next night!!! WIN!!!
        I didn't drink at a gig once in the mid 1990s, Aerosmith in an arena.

Never again...

Comment

• jero
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

I saw Aerosmith in 2010 with a drink! It didn't matter

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Jump....the only song I could do without.

I do not need a bass solo or drawn out drum solo either....even if Eddie cut down his solo that would be cool but....how can Eddie not have a solo.

Anything to cram in a few more songs is cool with me.

Comment

• Mikeyj122
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

I highly doubt that im gonna leave my seat for anything. Ive been waiting most of my life to see,these guus,and im not gonna miss,a,damn thing. Im prolly gomna shoot some videos,also. and I hope they do play ill wait, I love that song. I love all classic van halen tunes, including jump.
              Fuck every body

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• So this is love
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                  The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.
                  I thought I was the only one doing this...although I find its faster to down a couple of shooters while she pours the beers....
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

BTW I bought my Tix today and they were about 20 bucks cheaper than in 2007 same section of seats??

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

While we are thinking about custom Roth Army T Shirts,
                      how about a Roth Army Bedpan ? It would naturally
                      be a plastic model of Sammy built around a bedpan.

Dont miss a second of the concert and publicly make a statement
                      about what you think of Van Hagar at the same time !
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                        Groupie
                        • May 2009

I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.
                        "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Floridaman1985
                          I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.
                          I am always amazed when I see a 26 year old digging VH with Roth... Good for you dude....
                          Last edited by So this is love; 01-21-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

OK
                            Tickets in my freaking hand check
                            VH T-shirts ordered check
                            CD pre order check
                            Tattoo fix for the day check
                            Beer check
                            Can't fucking wait for the tour to start............

This is a Happy man

Comment

• neuralfraud
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2010

I won't have anything until the 11th of next month, but on the bright side that's only 21 days away

You know what brings a smile to my face?

When I'm driving with my 2 year old daughter and she says "Song daddy!"

I play Tattoo and she starts boppin'

THAT'S A GOOD FUCKING SIGN RIGHT THERE!

This show is gonna fucking kick ass. I hope they play the whole cd sprinkled with some old shit for good measure. No reason not to!

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                                I know what you mean but I saw him in MTL and he was great but then I saw the same solo in Tampa Bay and Sunrise and it wasn't as good but the whole show wasn't as good sounding than in Montreal earier in the tour/// Which Florida show did you attend...I think they also did Orlando.
                                I caught 'em in Tampa last time around.

The boots I got from some earlier shows in the first leg of that tour sounded really good, so if anything I thought the band would only be better by the time the 2nd leg and Tampa came around...you know, just the sheer repetition night after night making things tighter. Ed was a bit of a mess by the time Tampa rolled around, though...he was clearly drunk and appeared to be having problems with his hands...his solo spot was where it was most noticeable because he didn't have the rest of the band in the mix with him to counteract his sloppiness...I mean, honestly I could have played Eruption better than he could that night.

The Cafe Wha? stuff looked real promising, though, in terms of Ed's work. So, I'm gonna try and get tix for Tampa and give the band another shot.

I'm kinda looking forward to the new album a little bit more than the tour, truth be told.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...