• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Busy freakin' busy...
    I was trying to get a chance to put down a riff before I left for vacation and couldn't, but since I always take a Strat (usually my Koa one) with me as a carry-on, I was able to work on it all week. Then as I was unpacking yesterday, I new one popped into my head...got scratch tracks down for both this morning....

New version. Guitars used. Warmoth "Purple" and "Sunburst". (STK-S6, S4, S9B)

That's the one I didn't get to last week...and here's the new one.

Another basic track, Purple Strat, no overdubs as of yet...written yesterday upon my return from vacation.

They're both just my (Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Single-loaded) Purple Strat and the Boogie, no overdubs yet. For "She's Dirty" used the lead channel on the Boogie and the Recabinet "Green 4x12", but tempered the gain with the volume knob for the verse sections - and I used the rhythm 2 "Marshall/Brown" channel and the Recabinet "Tweed 2x12" emulation SM57/Royer 121 combo on "From Where I stand".
    You must live in EL Lay. You fucking don’t play in El Lay.

Go back on vacation and schedule a couple quarters at GIT. Your “ideas” are like a running toilet bowl. Thanks for the laugh and posting your work. I have figured out you’re the piston head that doesn’t race. I’ve got a guy that works for me like you. Owns more shit than he needs and can’t play worth a shit. You’re like the mechanic that knows everything about cars except how to win a race.

Both your ideas are easy to peg but here’s a tip: Don’t try to out clever yourself. It’s such a fine line. You play like a stepford wife with a broken collar bone. Buy a metronome and get some surgery on your wrists.

Another tip: Don’t home record and post it if you don’t know what the fuck you’re doing.

The next time you hear KISS, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Ozzy, or Satriani don’t say to yourself I can play that. You can’t. You couldn’t carry Paul Stanley’s or Ace Frehley’s guitar case. Put down your ego and guitar(s) and just give up. Soon.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This is gonna end well...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
        Go back on vacation and schedule a couple quarters at GIT. Your “ideas” are like a running toilet bowl. Thanks for the laugh and posting your work. I have figured out you’re the piston head that doesn’t race. I’ve got a guy that works for me like you. Owns more shit than he needs and can’t play worth a shit. You’re like the mechanic that knows everything about cars except how to win a race.

Both your ideas are easy to peg but here’s a tip: Don’t try to out clever yourself. It’s such a fine line. You play like a stepford wife with a broken collar bone. Buy a metronome and get some surgery on your wrists.

Another tip: Don’t home record and post it if you don’t know what the fuck you’re doing.

The next time you hear KISS, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Ozzy, or Satriani don’t say to yourself I can play that. You can’t. You couldn’t carry Paul Stanley’s or Ace Frehley’s guitar case. Put down your ego and guitar(s) and just give up. Soon.
        Totally unfair, and equally uncalled for. If anyone here plans on insulting another's original works, at least have the gonads to post your own original stuff in order for folks to make a comparison, as well as to provide evidence that you know what you are talking about by backing it up.
        Last edited by chefcraig; 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Can we ban him from this area?

Comment

• jackassrock
            Head Fluffer
            • Sep 2004

Does he need to be banned because he doesn't like Jay's music? Or just because he insulted someone here, cause that happens daily.
            It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

This from the guy who hasn't posted SHIT. Except racist anti Obama crap.

Oh, no he didn't...

Originally posted by VAiN
              This is gonna end well...
              This is gonna end with Jerksmear getting torn a new asshole (which hey, his dude will be excited about).

Are you fucking kidding me? This from the mentally-challenged racist bitch -who can't post anything other than his shit-Kiss "tribute" band as an example of his "work" thinks he has room to bag on anyone else who HAS an original idea?

GO FUCK YOURSELF JERKSMEAR.

And it's pretty obvious what this is about Jerky - clearly it REEEEEALLY burns you up that a minority - someone you desperately wish you could view as "inferior" can outplay you, huh?

Yeah, any day you wanna have a Roth Army "headcuttin' duel" you let me know, k?

"Buy a metronome" - can you even PLAY to a click, idiot? I'd love to hear you track an entire original song arrangement to one, but that'll never happen. We see by your posting style that's too much to ask of your tiny little brain.

FACT: You're a hack in a shitty tribute band, dude. NOT a real one. No, it's not better than not being in a band, in your case it barely counts. It's not even a cool one - you play for a joke one, with no staging - through fucking Marshall COMBOS, FFS. You're a pathetic little bitch in a glass trailer throwing stones. OWN IT.

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Totally unfair, and equally uncalled for. If anyone here plans on insulting another's original works, at least have the gonads to post your own original stuff in order for folks to make a comparison, as well as to provide evidence that you know what you are talking about by backing it up.
              He doesn't have material, or gonads, dude - he's a eunuch in the literal and musical sense.
              Fuck him. He can't post anything - nor can he play his way out of a wet paper bag - and he knows it. If he could he would have.

This is not a request - Post something original Jerky - or don't bother ever posting in this forum again. :dafinger:

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Can we ban him from this area?

Doesn't matter. His next post better be an original, or ALL of his posts go straight to the dump going forward.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

jacksmar's description sounded perfect if he was describing Chickenfoot's new sample.
                Jay's stuff sounds great so far, but judging something from just one track is pretty pointless, since it will take shape and be very different after stacking more tracks.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Seems like Jerksmear is nothing but jealous. A KI$$ tribute? Please.... Does the world really need another one?
                  What are they called, the KI$$ Kombo's?

Give it up, Dude. Jay is the resident Jack Butler round these parts. I'd love to see you even try cuttin heads with him!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• hotsummerknight
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2011

good stuff thumbs up from me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jackassrock
                      Does he need to be banned because he doesn't like Jay's music? Or just because he insulted someone here, cause that happens daily.
                      I just meant from this bit of the site.

We can and do fight everywhere else but if people start shit in here especially if they are doing it because of arguments about other topics then no one will post any of their stuff in here. Who needs the aggravation?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

I just meant from this bit of the site.

We can and do fight everywhere else but if people start shit in here especially if they are doing it because of arguments about other topics then no one will post any of their stuff in here. Who needs the aggravation?
                        Exactly. If some shitstain wants to carry their Front Line personal agenda against a member here to Gear Street they should expect to have that dick slapped out out their mouth and their post's flushed...

Nuff said!
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jackassrock
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2004

I gotcha, as long as it's not a scenario where people get banned for not liking another member's (moderator's) playing. That's not right.

In my opinion, this forum is full of trolls, arguments, posturing, and showing off. I guess some of that is ok, cause DLR is one of the biggest showoffs in R&R history, and he (and showoff ED) attract a certain element. I know that I'm one too, lest you think I judge too harshly. I see you guys fighting, ganging up on people, and acting like a bunch of dicks to each other every time I visit this site, and it kinda ruins it for me. And that goes for most of you.

Know what, forget it, carry on. It ain't gonna change, so why try?
                          It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It seemed that jacksmar was saying that the recording was shit because of arguments they have about politics.

I don't think that's helpful.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Being a mod means no one has to ASK me to dump his bullshit FOR them.

Originally posted by jackassrock
                              I gotcha, as long as it's not a scenario where people get banned for not liking another member's (moderator's) playing. That's not right.

In my opinion, this forum is full of trolls, arguments, posturing, and showing off. I guess some of that is ok, cause DLR is one of the biggest showoffs in R&R history, and he (and showoff ED) attract a certain element. I know that I'm one too, lest you think I judge too harshly. I see you guys fighting, ganging up on people, and acting like a bunch of dicks to each other every time I visit this site, and it kinda ruins it for me. And that goes for most of you.

Know what, forget it, carry on. It ain't gonna change, so why try?
                              It'd be different if he had ROOM to constructively criticize my or anyone that has posted in this thread's abilities, but he doesn't, isn't, hasn't, and therefore CAN'T.

Fact is I'd dump them if he was doing it to anyone else here as well, his posts are useless drivel. Has he contributed ANYTHING to this forum ever? No. Nothing, Nada. Not even pictures of the Jackson and Marshall he brags about (unless you count that shitty solid-state combo pic in his lame tribute video). I'm beginning to believe it is as imaginary as another (actually) banned troll that used to drag this place down's "gear collection". Not happening again as far as I'm concerned. Went on too long that time, and I'm being proactive this time - fuck that.
                              So yeah, due to the fact he's doing nothing but trolling, I will continue to dump the posts (since he seemed to think I was kidding about it). If he doesn't like it, he can post some original material (as if he has any), STFU, or take it up with the complaint department. :dafinger:

It seemed that jacksmar was saying that the recording was shit because of arguments they have about politics.

I don't think that's helpful.

He was, and you're right - it's not, and it's no longer tolerated in this forum.
                              Last edited by jhale667; 07-19-2011, 10:43 AM.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                                Give it up, Dude. Jay is the resident Jack Butler round these parts. I'd love to see you even try cuttin heads with him!

Comment

Working...