Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtrouble77
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2004

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with the way the band (label?) is handling the release of these songs. At 7 years old in 1984 I bought "1984" (first tape ever) with my hard-earned allowance. I still have that tape, it means a lot to me. Now fast forward 25+ years later and the follow up is upon us... and I have to fucking deal with New Zealanders and Brits getting early/exclusive access to the new singles? I had to fucking hack a NZ site to get my order processed to pay double for Tattoo. You can't scream any louder for me to "steal" these tracks. I've bought every fucking vh & DLR album 3-5 times over. I have every cvh album in vinyl/tape/cd/remasters. I've been to over a dozen shows. I don't think this is the right way to treat the fans.

They should just release the singles to everyone at the same time, none of this region specific bullshit. I was fed up and just downloaded the tracks off my favorite torrent tracker. Sucks I have to go through these lengths to be satisfied.
    Last edited by bigtrouble77; 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bigtrouble77
      They should just release the singles to everyone at the same time, none of this region specific bullshit.
      I agree with that... No reason to discriminate in the "digital age"...
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Warham
        I can't believe the negatively on some of these sites regarding these tracks. I just want to bitch-slap some of these people, especially the ones who say the last great thing Van Halen did was "Humans Being".

Fuck y'all! Go back to listening to (im)Balance, fucks.
        Point me in that direction...

I'll chase them away for good...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Point me in that direction...

I'll chase them away for good...

I agree. Post some links and let's move out!
          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Blood & Fire is so fucking good, I can't believe it.

It is an instant VH classic. It has all the makings of CVH!!!
            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• kk5150
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jan 2012

Bummed I missed the links. Googled a bit, just finding the streams. Downloads gone.......

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think you can buy them from the UK if you use a proxy server.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                  I really don't get all the hate on the new VH songs.
                  Where are you seeing this? At the Links?

Christ you could post 3 tracks off "Fair Warning" over there in a thread called New Tracks, and you would find haters.

Comment

• bigtrouble77
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I think you can buy them from the UK if you use a proxy server.
                    I tried this, but whenever I went to checkout it asked me to login again. Logging in would direct me away from the proxy site and would predictably throw an error that I was in the wrong region. Plus, I don't see how the Amazon download client would allow me to download the song as it would easily be able to detect my region.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bigtrouble77
                      I have to say, I'm really disappointed with the way the band (label?) is handling the release of these songs. At 7 years old in 1984 I bought "1984" (first tape ever) with my hard-earned allowance. I still have that tape, it means a lot to me. Now fast forward 25+ years later and the follow up is upon us... and I have to fucking deal with New Zealanders and Brits getting early/exclusive access to the new singles? I had to fucking hack a NZ site to get my order processed to pay double for Tattoo. You can't scream any louder for me to "steal" these tracks. I've bought every fucking vh & DLR album 3-5 times over. I have every cvh album in vinyl/tape/cd/remasters. I've been to over a dozen shows. I don't think this is the right way to treat the fans.

They should just release the singles to everyone at the same time, none of this region specific bullshit. I was fed up and just downloaded the tracks off my favorite torrent tracker. Sucks I have to go through these lengths to be satisfied.
                      I understand the point, this happens all the time usually the other way around with the US getting it first and it makes no sense to me. It's against the interests of the copyright holder to tempt people to steal.

You get cult shows like Lost or The Sopranos being available on torrent for weeks while you wait for it to reach the HBO channel that you pay for.

The thing is that if 1984 had come out in the UK 2 weeks before the US back in the day you may not have even known and you wouldn't have had a way to get it.

I guess the thing is that the albums are almost like flyers for the tour. You could end up paying 20 times as much in concert tickets than you do on the album itself. Fuck a few years ago I went to a Prince arena show which was incidentally 'only' about $50 and they handed you the CD as you went in.

Comment

• kk5150
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jan 2012

Wish I was savvy enough to do that(proxy server). Haha. I know enough to be dangerous on the computer.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          You could end up paying 20 times as much in concert tickets than you do on the album itself.
                          Yep, I spent 10 times the price of an album on Van Halen today and will spend another 10 - 20 Saturday morning.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            Where are you seeing this? At the Links?

Christ you could post 3 tracks off "Fair Warning" over there in a thread called New Tracks, and you would find haters.
                            No not at the links. Majority over there actually dig the new stuff.

It's the people who comment on YouTube, Facebook, rolling stone.com, and other music sites that have a comments section.

I honestly don't know where these fucks came from. They talk as if they know what Van Halen should sound like but it's clear they don't know shit.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

No not at the links. Majority over there actually dig the new stuff.

It's the people who comment on YouTube, Facebook, rolling stone.com, and other music sites that have a comments section.

I honestly don't know where these fucks came from. They talk as if they know what Van Halen should sound like but it's clear they don't know shit.
                              Oh, that's the Sham/Chickenfoot(note)* spam brigade. Doesn't mean shit. Most of them will buy the album

and jerk off to it in private.

* chickenfootNOTE is not mine. Brilliant though.
                              Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 01-26-2012, 10:57 PM. Reason: Err footnote......

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

They talk as if they know what Van Halen should sound like but it's clear they don't know shit.
                                If it's not a song the recognize from the first Van Halen album then they trash it. I think they are just dickless, fuckwad, limp wristed, no-load, pillow biting, attention seeking twats who liked Spandau Ballet better back in the day.
                                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...