Thread: Prince is dead

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

I thought Prince was perfect? What? He OD'd?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I thought Prince was perfect? What? He OD'd?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
    You are such a cunt...

:p
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Well, it seems that the toxicology report has been released, and that the cause of death was a Fentanyl overdose. Most likely this was also the cause of the earlier episode where his plane had to make an emergency landing.

I wasn't aware you could even get Fentanyl at the corner pharmacy. Thought that was strictly a "hospital only, under strict medical supervision" kind of drug. I suspect somebody's going to be arrested for this one....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rdose-20160602
    Faintonull is said to be 80 times as powerful as morphine as an painkiller. It's closely controlled in most countries and considered as narcotic.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    Faintonull is said to be 80 times as powerful as morphine as an painkiller. It's closely controlled in most countries and considered as narcotic.
    Yeah and I'd bet Prince had more than one doctor prescribing it. Which probably ain't gonna end well for him/her either.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

Apparently the prescription was written in somebody else's name. They haven't said whose name yet

Prince was known for using aliases in his professional career, usually to avoid legal hassles with Warner Brothers, when he was working with other artists (often signed to other labels). So it's certainly within the realm of possibility that he would have made up an alias for prescription drugs, considering everybody who worked at the local pharmacy would know damn well who "Prince Rogers Nelson" or "Prince Nelson" or even "Roger Nelson" was, if those names had turned up on a prescription label.

Or it could be the doctor who wrote the prescription in his own name. I would think a drug as powerful as Fentanyl would be even harder to get than the typical prescription pain pills. I honestly didn't even think you could get it outside of a hospital before now.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

I would think a drug as powerful as Fentanyl would be even harder to get than the typical prescription pain pills. I honestly didn't even think you could get it outside of a hospital before now.
    You left out the possibility someone stole the drugs from a hospital that were there for a current patient. But you'd think they'd have the sense to put them in another container or at least get rid of the label before selling them so they couldn't be traced back to the source so easily.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I have a buddy who was prescribed Fentanyl in a patch after a partial foot amputation (diabetes). I tried it. Once. Wasn't for me. Too much dope. And I cut the fucker in half...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.

9. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Whorehey (06-04-2016)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whorehey View Post
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...
    What? That you're right? Lol, post more

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

13. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (06-08-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

Now that's a fuckin rock show!! Ed should watch some of these videos, see how it's done. OBC might even learn a thing or two.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .
    Probably his last good album. Just about anything after it has more misses than hits.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Exciting time to be a Prince fan, a motherlode of new stuff coming online now.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I read an article on the Star Tribune site that says the administrator of the estate is aware of the bootlegging:

Finally, Bremer needs to negotiate a larger class of commitments and contracts that have to do with Prince’s intellectual property. Peterson said time is of the essence.

“There is ongoing bootlegging going on,” he said, adding that the music world needs to know that Bremer Trust is monitoring that.
    I hit the torrents pretty hard the first few weeks after Prince's death, but haven't checked for anything I don't already have since. Maybe I'll look again this week.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't mean to make out I had inside info, you are far more on top of this than me, I'm very much a casual fan.

I'm thinking more of the people out there I know who would never go near a torrent but are now seeing new stuff on YouTube or whatever.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"
    And He looked upon the available recordings and He said they were good enough...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    "There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?
    Might have been one of the lawyers...

http://www.startribune.com/first-con...ate/382108581/

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave Rusan: Building Prince’s Cloud Guitar

http://www.premierguitar.com/article...s-cloud-guitar

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Prince's 'Purple Rain' Reissue Packed With Unreleased Music, Concert Films

Two albums of unearthed songs from Prince's vaults and two complete concerts to accompany remastered 1984 masterpiece

With Prince's music on the verge of returning to all streaming services, Warner Bros. Records announced Sunday that the long-awaited reissue of the 1984 classic Purple Rain will arrive this June packed with previously unreleased music and concert films from the Paisley Park vault.

The Purple Rain reissue, the first posthumous Prince release since the Prince 4Ever compilation featuring the unearthed "Moonbeam Levels" arrived in November, is due out June 9th.

The reissue pairs the newly remastered Purple Rain with "two incredible albums of previously unreleased Prince music and two complete concert films." The exact contents of that bonus material have not yet been announced.

"When we make any of Prince’s music available to fans - from the hits to unreleased gems - we are committed to upholding Prince’s high creative standards and we know fans will be thrilled when they hear these albums and see these films," Warner Bros. Records CEO Cameron Strang said in a statement.

After 18 months as a Tidal exclusive, Prince's catalog will return to all digital music services by the time the Grammys air, Warner Bros. Records stated, with the music starting to appear on streaming services as early as noon Sunday. On Sunday night, the Grammys will pay tribute to Prince with a special musical performance.

"Prince recorded his most influential and popular music during his time with Warner Bros. and we are deeply aware of our responsibility to safeguard and nurture his incredible legacy," Strang continued. "Warner Bros. is thrilled to be able to bring Prince’s music to his millions of fans around the world via streaming services, fittingly on music's biggest night."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-music-w466431

One concert film will likely be the Prince and the Revolution: LIVE show that was filmed in Syracuse in March of 1985, about a week before the end of the Purple Rain tour. Not sure what the other could be, maybe a show earlier in the tour, or the one that the MTV clip of I Would Die 4 U and Baby I'm A Star came from. The extra music could be the actual score by Michel Columbier. Most of that stuff has been released on bootleg, I think it's part of the Purple Rush set. And probably the Dez Dickerson, the Time, and Apollonia 6 tracks that aren't on the Purple Rain album.

There's a complete Lovesexy live video out there that might have been released on VHS and not since, that would be a good one to see released.

And speaking of the Time...they were grate on the Grammys. Always too short a set though. I really doubt Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis will give up producing to go on tour.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    With Prince's music on the verge of returning to all streaming services, Warner Bros. Records announced Sunday that the long-awaited reissue of the 1984 classic Purple Rain will arrive this June packed with previously unreleased music and concert films from the Paisley Park vault.
    How are they selling this? - The 'It's what he would have wanted boxset'

Lawyers are going to be using him as a scare story for people not having proper wills...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

well the whole stunt with Prince changing his name to the dumb symbol was all part of a extended legal battle against Warner Brothers, so I would hope that in the middle of that he managed to secure his own catalog. Of course that doesn't answer the question of what happens since he's gone on to Jehova's big purple palace in the sky. Did they eventually settle the estate issues between all the various siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings who came out of the woodwork just in time for the funeral?

28. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (02-16-2017)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    This is a travesty. Warner Brothers already robbing his grave knowing that no one will fight them in court. You buy this shit then you're an asshole.

Unless, of course, they chug out a decent remaster of Sign O' The Times.

Sorry, slave SESH should read...then YOUR an asshole.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post

Sorry, slave SESH should read...then YOUR an asshole.
    I have no idea if this refers to me using the wrong version of 'you're' in a post somewhere or you being upset that I mentioned one of yours. What I will say is that either way you clearly don't realise just how many typos/grammatical errors you routinely make. People only mention around 10% of them because it would be so dull to do it every time.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well, let's raise thft number.

...for YOU'RE benefit, of course.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    This is a travesty. Warner Brothers already robbing his grave knowing that no one will fight them in court. You buy this shit then you're an asshole.

Unless, of course, they chug out a decent remaster of Sign O' The Times.
    Album, or movie? Maybe they'd remaster the album and release it as a three disc set, as Prince wanted to do in the first place.

Warners doesn't have the rights to the SOTT movie, some other company released it. New Line maybe, I don't remember.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-16-2017 at 04:40 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or maybe what's known as Makings of Rain. Filmed August 3rd of 1983, it was originally a benefit concert for the Minnestoa Dance Theater. The basic tracks of Computer Blue, I Would Die 4 U, Baby I'm A Star and Purple Rain from this concert were used for the album version.

It's still on YouTube, but with the audio portion muted. Not hard to find if you know where to look.

Setlist
    Let's Go Crazy
    When You Were Mine
    A Case Of You
    Computer Blue
    Delirious
    Electric Intercourse
    Automatic
    I Would Die 4 U
    Baby, I'm A Star
    Little Red Corvette
    Purple Rain
    D.M.S.R.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-16-2017 at 10:18 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

well the whole stunt with Prince changing his name to the dumb symbol was all part of a extended legal battle against Warner Brothers, so I would hope that in the middle of that he managed to secure his own catalog.
    Brian of Mark and Brian got in trouble with the FCC for saying Prince who was going by The Artist Formerly Known As Prince should change his name to dickhead. I don't think it was because he didn't like the guy it was more of a case of thinking all the hoopla surrounding Prince at the time was attention whoring. I personally never cared for his music but the thought of him inviting Sinead O Connor to his home and terrorizing her for hours on end without actually harming her did endear me to the guy.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Brian of Mark and Brian got in trouble with the FCC for saying Prince who was going by The Artist Formerly Known As Prince should change his name to dickhead. I don't think it was because he didn't like the guy it was more of a case of thinking all the hoopla surrounding Prince at the time was attention whoring. I personally never cared for his music but the thought of him inviting Sinead O Connor to his home and terrorizing her for hours on end without actually harming her did endear me to the guy.
    No, he got fined for using the word dickhead. Didn't matter who he said was a dickhead.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    No, he got fined for using the word dickhead. Didn't matter who he said was a dickhead.
    Thanx for the clarification. Don't know why it needed one but thanx anyway.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...n-tour-w470529

The Revolution tour expanded!

April 21 – Minneapolis, MN @ Celebration 2017 at Paisley Park
    April 23 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
    April 24 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
    April 27 – Washington, DC @ The Fillmore Silver Spring
    April 28 – New York, NY @ B.B. King’s
    April 29 – Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
    April 30 – Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
    May 3 – New York, NY @ Webster Hall
    May 4 – Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
    May 12 – Madison, WI @ Barrymore Theatre
    May 14 – Indianapolis, IN @ The Vogue
    May 16 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
    May 18 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
    May 20 – Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theater
    May 21 – Toronto, Ont @ Phoenix Theatre
    June 14 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
    June 15 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues
    June 16 – San Antonio, TX @ The Aztec Theater
    June 17 – Austin, TX @ ACL Live
    June 21 – Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl
    June 22 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
    June 23 – Los Angeles, CA @ Wiltern
    July 12 – San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
    July 15 – Seattle, WA @ The Showbox

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Why would anybody go see that?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll buy you a ticket for the Detroit show.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wouldn't go see the fuckers if Prince was still alive. I sure as hell ain't going to go see a dead guys band play without him.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They haven't been his band since 1987!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries

Thread Information