Eddie and Dave play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie and Dave play

“Eddie and Dave” at People’s Building runs through Nov. 28 – Aurora, Colorado

Aurora, Colorado 2021-11-11 08:00:59 –

Listening to the first three songs of Van Halen’s self-titled debut album, what you need to know to head to the gender-bending drama “Eddie and Dave” about the creation, rise and struggle of the iconic hard rock. You can see a lot of. band. Between the hits “Runnin’With the Devil” and “You Really Got Me Going” is “Eruption”. The instrumental track features guitarist Eddie Van Halen doing his thing without the vocal fireworks of his wild-haired lead singer.

Showman, your name is David Lee Roth. O God of the guitar, you will be called Eddie. And while you and the two are forever yoked, known as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, your agonists are the product of VH1’s obsession with the “behind the scenes of music.”

That’s why at the Aurora People’s Hall, Katamount performed an exaggerated piece of Amy Starts’ play. A female actor lives in the role of Dave, Eddie and his brother and band drummer Alex Van Halen, and Valerie Bertinelli is played by a companion. Bassist Michael Anthony gets shorter, but smarter.

“Eddie and Dave” is a memorable play, described by our guide, MTV VJ (played by the nimble Janae Burris). Her memory play emphasizes and warns that “it’s brightly lit … sentimental and totally unrealistic.” It’s not a big deal that the VJ tells the history of the band. It’s a perfectly suited role for the tension of the band that reached the stardom the moment the video paraphrased the first song on MTV that was on the radio star.

If you go
    “Eddie and Dave.” Written by Amy Starts. A film directed by Amanda Berg Wilson. Featuring Christopher Berghoff, Janae Burris, Candace Joice, Missy Moore and Alicia “Lisa” Young. Until November 28th, Aurora’s 9995 East Colfax Ave. At People’s Building. Tickets at catamounts.org; information at 720-468-0487.

More details and a (positive) review at https://eminetra.com/eddie-and-dave-...v-28-aurora-co

Kristy could you pop along and do a review for us?

You know what this looks like, slave SESH? This looks like more F A T California and Texas transplants failed art students who are trying to fit in with the suave Colorado lifestyle (whatever that is). I've seen people like this around. Like they grub grab all the pizzas at a Trader Joe's. They drive stoned, slum around the Sante Fe Arts District, constantly complain on how dry the air is here and never vaccinate their fuck ugly pets. They do this kind of "performance art" as a means to avoid working since their rich parents cut off their credit cards for spending over $2,000 on weed gummies and Poke Bongs.

Also, this take place in Aurora. For those of who who don't know Aurora is one violent town. Run by an retarded Republican mayor whose police force brutalizes and murders kids with mental illnesses, has mass murder theater shootings, overdevelops and destroyed the landscape with ticky-tacky "pop top' housing, and is down wind from a highly toxic former Army arsenal. I wouldn't be caught dead in Aurora because when you're caught dead in Aurora you are more or less caught dead in Aurora especially East Colfax which Cartman from South Park once described "as a shithole worse than Afghanistan." Even all that eyesore gentrification couldn't save that place.

Now if this was a touring act and came to rat scabies Littleton or a more reputable part of Denvoid which the Cali and Texan transplants have not yet destroyed I would without hesitation love to see this. Seems cool and entertaining. But East Colfax? No way on earth.

Comment

Kristy Google Maps says it's less than a 30 minute drive from your place you have to go and do a review for us.

I'll put it on the front page!

Comment

Looking forward to Kristy's review and insight...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
          Kristy Google Maps says it's less than a 30 minute drive from your place you have to go and do a review for us.

I'll put it on the front page!
          People! It's EAST COLFAX! You go there and see if you make it back alive. From last August:

Violent crimes per square mile by Denver neighborhood

Farther-flung neighborhoods, however, compete. East Colfax, Montbello and West Colfax round out the city's top 10 list for 2021's most violent crime concentrations of homicides, aggravated assaults and robberies.

I'm not kidding the place is a utter violent shithole. The only thing worse than being found dead on East Colfax is being found dead on East Colfax.

With that said though, I'd still love to go see this. It does look like fun. Maybe they will change theaters to a place more respectable. Anywhere but East Colfax.

Comment

Why don't you find our old friend Joey Thunder? I'm sure he knows his way around the 'hood...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
              Why don't you find our old friend Joey Thunder? I'm sure he knows his way around the 'hood...

In all those years way back when of seeing his name here and those silly pics of him, this is the first time I've heard The Real Joe 'Joey T' Thunder speak...

Well, another bucket list item crossed off...
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                You know what this looks like, slave SESH? This looks like more F A T California and Texas transplants failed art students who are trying to fit in with the suave Colorado lifestyle (whatever that is). I've seen people like this around. Like they grub grab all the pizzas at a Trader Joe's. They drive stoned, slum around the Sante Fe Arts District, constantly complain on how dry the air is here and never vaccinate their fuck ugly pets. They do this kind of "performance art" as a means to avoid working since their rich parents cut off their credit cards for spending over $2,000 on weed gummies and Poke Bongs.
                There is of course a massive incongruity here in that you are calling them privileged out of touch rich kids but they still at least have the guts to work for weeks in a place you are too frightened to even visit once so what does that make you?

Comment

! think they call that lazy, privileged and chickenshit...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                    There is of course a massive incongruity here in that you are calling them privileged out of touch rich kids but they still at least have the guts to work for weeks in a place you are too frightened to even visit once so what does that make you?
                    Get on a fucking plane, go to Denvoid and I'll be your personal tour guide showing all over this cow town privileged rich kids who slum in improvised areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                      Get on a fucking plane, go to Denvoid and I'll be your personal tour guide showing all over this cow town privileged rich kids who slum in improvised areas.
                      Is there a common denominator that is the root (not roots) cause of the fear that prevents you from going to this part of town?

Comment

No, common sense does. Plus, no one I know would go to this and I'm sure as shit not going to it alone. Be hopeful. Maybe the theater venue will change.

Comment

Want me to come to town and accompany you? You can be my "date".

I would send WikiNicki, but I know from first hand experience he's scared of these parts of town.

Comment

I have a feeling you're on the No Fly List, Von.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                              Want me to come to town and accompany you? You can be my "date".

I would send WikiNicki, but I know from first hand experience he's scared of these parts of town.
                              And unlike you, I don't date "trannys"...

Comment

Working...
                              X