Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spotify Loses Billions Over Joe Rogan Controversy

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I believe there's a really good lesson being taught right now and it seems some are starting to come to the realization that we don't know enough about this virus and how we've dealt with it for any one stance, approach or position to be fully correct.

Even those who have certain qualifications to speak knowledgably about this pandemic have gotten a lot of things they thought were credible... flat out wrong.

It's not necessarily stupidity... although there's plenty of that to go around... but it's also the variability, complexity of the virus and the huge genetic variability within human physiology that's proving this thing a real bitch to nail it down.

Sadly some of the responses to the pandemic were high on good intentions but low of effectivity... as we're learning... shutdowns, closures, shelter-in-place mandates were extremely ineffective in reducing mortality and infections spread. In some cases made the virus impacts it worse. Clearly it's caused loss of life and significant disruptions and economic disasters still being generated.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Sadly some of the responses to the pandemic were high on good intentions but low of effectivity... as we're learning... shutdowns, closures, shelter-in-place mandates were extremely ineffective in reducing mortality and infections spread. In some cases made the virus impacts it worse. Clearly it's caused loss of life and significant disruptions and economic disasters still being generated.
    Forget Rogan, looks like the Zah Man has some disinformation of his own. Say, slave SESH didn't you ban Elvis for saying much the same? I guess it's all about name dropping.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

Terry, Rogan isn't stupid but he's not wise because he has no clue about critical thinking, he doesn't have any skills in working out what is true and what isn't especially when it comes to anything scientific. He's the kind of guy who believes the last thing someone said to him.
    slave SESH Rogan is stupid. He is beyond the pale of fucking stupid. He's a disinformationist/propagandist who utilizes click bait yellow journalism to sell advertising to his demographic audience of white middle-aged males over 40 and still living with one parent or both. There are burnt out light bulbs laying in landfills for decades that are brighter than Joe Rogan. That's how fucking insanely stupid he is. If you placed Rogan in a bag of dicks and beat him with a another bag of hammers both bags would score higher I.Q. points than Rogan. He does have skills just charismatic ones like how he is the Blue Buddha Guru on the mountain of psychedelics, how he is the all-knowing homoerotic MMA king, how he sucks his own dick, how Alex Jone$ sucks his dick, how his comedy is George Carlin (what an insult to Carlin). No corporate cunt company like Suckify is going to give this bald fool $100 million to be a dumbfuck. He has to be a charismatic dumbfuck who can easily bullshit others while the suits he sold his soul to buy new Ferraris and yachts based solely on his stupidity.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Those nipples...cannot be unseen...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My YouTube suggestions have been fuckered lately. Guy I watch every now and then brought up this F A T Ethan Klein guy going after Rogan and then this Jimmy Dore clip came up

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Young spreads misinformation about GMO's?

Some see the musician as an intellectual hero for taking a stand. Yet Mr. Young’s own record in this area is far from pristine. For years, he has spread scientific misinformation about GMO foods. While experts have consistently judged GMO foods to be both safe and useful, Mr. Young in one song referred to them as poison. As a guest on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” in 2016, Mr. Young suggested that GMO foods caused “terrible diseases.” It is hard not to wonder to what degree anti-biotech sentiments like these, ironically, might have fed the current skepticism of COVID-19 vaccines.
    https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202202020023

And there's this nugget...

Young's anti-science hit on Rogan has also prompted his critics to surface how he attacked the gay community in the middle of the AIDS epidemic by suggesting anyone can catch the disease at the grocery store and using a homophobic slur.

"You go to a supermarket and you see a f----t behind the f---in’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes," Young said in a 1985 interview with Melody Maker.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-03-2022 at 09:00 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've seen that posted a lot - the argument seems to be that because an entertainer was a homophobe 37 years ago that means that it's fine to spread false public health information during a pandemic that has killed 800 000 Americans?

#ROGANMODE I'm not saying it is or it isn't I'm just asking questions. I don't know I'm not an expert but I am asking you know and that Rogan I like him he is a great singer.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    My YouTube suggestions have been fuckered lately. Guy I watch every now and then brought up this F A T Ethan Klein guy going after Rogan and then this Jimmy Dore clip came up
    Jesus fuck, Jimmy Dore? The toxicity of Lake Erie has thoroughly rotted your MAGAt brain. It's like your MAGAs don't even try anymore. This is worse than the shit slave FORD post.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's another right-wing shit tard fuck Nazi. Only took two seconds to do.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Here's another right-wing shit tard fuck Nazi. Only took two seconds to do.
    How is Bill Burr a Nazi? I guess he'll be furious when he notices his wife is black.

What did he even say that was wrong in that (probably out of context) short clip?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-03-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What? Nazi's can't be black?

Anyway, to answer you question Bill Burr is a right-wing leaning idiot, like Dore, like Joey Boy. They all spew watered-down right-wing Nazi propaganda.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Puke Yugur is a Nazi, too. They all are.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jimmy Dore lost his mind sometime during the pandemic. Similar to what happened to Dennis Miller after 9/11. I can't listen to him anymore without projectile vomiting.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Jimmy Dore lost his mind sometime during the pandemic.
    Koch Industries made him a deal.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Anyway, to answer you question Bill Burr is a right-wing leaning idiot, like Dore, like Joey Boy. They all spew watered-down right-wing Nazi propaganda.
    I think you are confusing fascist with Nazi. Nazism is a specific form of fascism adopted in the 1930s in Germany and they wouldn't let you be join if you were black.

Calling anyone to the right of your views a Nazi is just as dumb as those people who call everyone to the left a commie.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Jimmy Dore lost his mind sometime during the pandemic. Similar to what happened to Dennis Miller after 9/11. I can't listen to him anymore without projectile vomiting.
    I had never seen him come up until recently. Have no idea of his history and haven't googled him. I figure WikiKristy will do that for me.

Besides, it's about a fat guy trying to shame a healthier guy, and I don't give a fuck about the host's politics. I wanna watch the fat guy get shit on!
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02-03-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Calling anyone to the right of your views a Nazi is just as dumb as those people who call everyone to the left a commie.
    You know, that's a Nazi thing to say

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Jon makes some interesting points here. Too bad he didn't take his own advice when he "deplatformed" himself just prior to the 2016 election.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD these videos are horrible - please just post the original source.

I don't have the time to listen to some cunt slowly explaining the fucking obvious.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here ya go....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ....though hearing a bunch of bullshit about Taylor Swift & her fucking scarf really isn't any better than David Doel's commentary.,

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So John Stewart says same as Bill Burr so a Nazi too now KKKristy?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202202020023

And there's this nugget...
    I'd rather see Rogan's rant without Jimmy Dore-stop commentary, that guy is fucking painful to watch and sounds like he'd blow tranny's for "11 million downloads" which seems to be his criteria for wanting to blow Joe Rogan. He also seems to be like 65 going on 12 talking about his favorite middle school jock and cool guy..

I somewhat agree with Rogan's stance on the pharmaceutical industry as being a greed driven cartel, but that doesn't make the vaccines any less relevant. And Joe has smoked tons of pot, I'm sure that at least one point was dirty shit cut with catnip or syn coke or something. He's so worried about his body that he can't take a vaccine, though? He's going to question vaccines and taunt his macho workout lifestyle as some sort of panacea against getting really sick. But the last pandemic, the younger and healthier one was made one more of a target during the "Spanish Flu" where my healthy, track star great uncle died at 17 due to the cytokine storm the flu brought on, which actually puts the healthiest at risk. It also seemed that at least some of the early variants of Covid did in fact kill younger people in shape as well.

Joe Rogan's "I work out and am indestructible" shit is also a bit of an affront to those with weakened immune systems or who are older and that he's preaching some sort of Nazi Social Darwinist shit at lot of Republicans here believe but don't want to say - that basically it's fine that hundreds of thousands died but I should have to wear a mask or participate in lockdowns because herd immunity will cull the weak. You know, like children with autoimmune issues.....

And Joe Rogan can put basic science denier assholes on his Podcast. including the pimp-daddy kingpin of Anti-vax denial who has been repeatedly beaten down and reputed by actual science. But why not go all the way? Why not just put neonazi holocaust deniers on then?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-03-2022 at 11:27 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD here's the thing.

IMHO occasionally someone may just influence someone else's opinion to change on here with a post. We are uniquely here not because of our politics it's that rare place out with the bubble of all that.

So if you want to in any way influence or make people think about anything I suggest you stop wrapping it up in a commentary!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Technically no, they would be fascists. Like how many Italian Jews were members of Mussolini's Fascist Party (until later)...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-03-2022 at 11:31 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I somewhat agree with Rogan's stance on the pharmaceutical industry as being a greed driven cartel, but that doesn't make the vaccines any less relevant.
    This is a massive part of the problem.

People from Europe are totally fucking freaked out and puzzled when they visit the US turn on the TV in their hotel room and get hit with all that fucking crazy insane shit.

NOONE ELSE DOES IT!

When 90% of the drugs spending is done by some (fucking commie) national health system then they don't advertise why the fuck would they. That's why everyone else spends so much less on drugs and healthcare and partly why 800 000 Americans are now dead because people thought ah ok here comes some more BS.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is a massive part of the problem.

People from Europe are totally fucking freaked out and puzzled when they visit the US turn on the TV in their hotel room and get hit with all that fucking crazy insane shit.

NOONE ELSE DOES IT!

When 90% of the drugs spending is done by some (fucking commie) national health system then they don't advertise why the fuck would they. That's why everyone else spends so much less on drugs and healthcare and partly why 800 000 Americans are now dead because people thought ah ok here comes some more BS.
    This is where I value your commentary because I never would have known it and I know you have posted this over the years.

I mean the antivaxxers that are terrified of Big Pharma (except the ones that make their opioids many antivaxxer types abuse) really wanted to stick it to Pfizer, they'd clamor for a ban on the commercials that tout you "ask your doctor" about the obscenely expensive side-effect laden new med for the ailment he or she already has vastly cheaper and more readily available generic meds for...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Elk meat does sound like it could be delicious though, if properly prepared...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seshmeister View Post
    this is a massive part of the problem.

People from europe are totally fucking freaked out and puzzled when they visit the us turn on the tv in their hotel room and get hit with all that fucking crazy insane shit.

Noone else does it!

When 90% of the drugs spending is done by some (fucking commie) national health system then they don't advertise why the fuck would they. That's why everyone else spends so much less on drugs and healthcare and partly why 800 000 americans are now dead because people thought ah ok here comes some more bs.

usa!

Usa!!

Usa!!!
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Forget Rogan, looks like the Zah Man has some disinformation of his own. Say, slave SESH didn't you ban Elvis for saying much the same? I guess it's all about name dropping.
    Oh yeah I source my disinformation from John Hopkins University...

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/fi...-Mortality.pdf

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Widely regarded as a piece of shit study and classic trope of experimenter and data interpretation bias and near universally criticized. Written by economists and not scientists, they fail to adequately account for the differences and extent of "lockdowns". They also imply that deaths immediately following the lockdowns are somehow the result of lockdowns or that the lockdowns failed to stop them. In fact, the lockdowns were imposed to reduce hospitalizations and to keep open ICU beds after significant transmission had taken place. The places that instituted the harshest and most disciplined lockdown measures had few deaths (i.e.. South Korea and Japan). The study also ignores several long term studies on past pandemics (and this one) that the areas that had the tightest initial lockdowns tend to recover faster than places that extend the pandemic by avoiding them:

Dr Seth Flaxman, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, said:

“Smoking causes cancer, the earth is round, and ordering people to stay at home (the correct definition of lockdown) decreases disease transmission. None of this is controversial among scientists. A study purporting to prove the opposite is almost certain to be fundamentally flawed.

“In this case, a trio of economists have undertaken a meta-analysis of many previous studies. So far so good. But they systematically excluded from consideration any study based on the science of disease transmission, meaning that the only studies looked at in the analysis are studies using the methods of economics. These do not include key facts about disease transmission such as: later lockdowns are less effective than earlier lockdowns, because many people are already infected; lockdowns do not immediately save lives, because there’s a lag from infection to death, so to see the effect of lockdowns on Covid deaths we need to wait about two or three weeks. (This was all known in March 2020 – we discussed it in a paper released that month, and later published in Nature. Our paper is excluded from consideration in this meta-analysis.)

“It’s as if we wanted to know whether smoking causes cancer and so we asked a bunch of new smokers: did you have cancer the day before you started smoking? And what about the day after? If we did this, obviously we’d incorrectly conclude smoking is unrelated to cancer, but we’d be ignoring basic science. The science of diseases and their causes is complex, and it has a lot of surprises for us, but there are appropriate methods to study it, and inappropriate methods. This study intentionally excludes all studies rooted in epidemiology–the science of disease.”

Prof Samir Bhatt, Professor of Statistics and Public Health, Imperial College London:

“I find this paper has flaws and needs to be interpreted very carefully. Two years in, it seems still to focus on the first wave of SARS-COV2 and in a very limited number of countries. The most inconsistent aspect is the reinterpreting of what a lockdown is. The authors define lockdown as “as the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention”. This would make a mask wearing policy a lockdown. For a meta-analysis using a definition that is at odds with the dictionary definition (a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure) is strange. The authors then further confuse matters when in Table 7 they revert to the more common definition of lockdown. Many scientists, including myself, quickly moved on from the word “lockdown” as this isn’t really a policy (Brauner et al 2020, and my work in Sharma et al 2021). It’s an umbrella word for a set of strict policies designed to reduce the reproduction number below one and halt the exponential growth of infections. Lockdown in Denmark and Lockdown in the UK are made up of very different individual policies. Aside from issues of definitions there are other issues such as (a) It’s not easy to compare Low and High income countries in terms of the enforcement and adherence of policies, (b) Many countries locked down before seeing exponential growth and therefore saw no reduction in deaths, (c) There are lags – interventions operate on transmission but mortality is indirect and lagged – comparing mortality a month before and after lockdown is likely to have no effect (e.g Bjørnskov 2021a), (d) As i have mentioned it looks at a tiny slice of the pandemic, there have been many lockdowns since globally with far better data, (e) There are many prominent studies that cover the period in question looking at infections included including Brauner et al 2020, Alfano et al 2020, Dye et al 2020, Lai et al 2020, Hsiang et al 2020, Salje et al 2020 etc. The list of such studies is very long and suggests a highly incomplete meta-analysis. “

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ences-website/

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So John Stewart says same as Bill Burr so a Nazi too now KKKristy?
    Quit being silly. How can I be a "KKKristy" and have a disgust for Nazis at the same time? I take it you're a Bill Burlap Bag fan. No shame in that other then he's misogynistic unfunny asshole with the face of a cheese grater. As for John "Senate Shaming" Stewart he's another banal corporate tool. Buttplug sold his soul to Apple and for what? A watch and a shitty iPad that will dead in less than a year? I get it. I really do. Stewart along with slave FORD's muck rakers like Puke Yugur seem to strike some sort of "I'm too cool to think for myself" counter-culture hippie cunt cult vibe among your boring generation of sell-outs. Stewart is being paid by suits who are most likely Nazis and being told what to say and how to say it. Same for all the rest of this pseudo-intellectual shitbags (except Seth Meyers) who suck corporate dick. Rogan, Dore, Puke, Stewart, Cucker - they are all the same. Not one of them gives a fuck about you. What they give a fuck about is conning you so they can get more and more corporate money. For it is the corporations who run this shit no matter what your fucking political bias is. These motherfuckers go home to multi-million dollar houses while those they bullshit have no clue as to how they are going to pay rent, buy food much less survive the next day. So slave FORD can fuck off with this "Humanist Report" where some rich hipster douche spews out the obvious and "Dumb Turks" who do absolutely no research of their own but gather derivative news only to complain about like rich entitled whipped puppies. slave FORD thinks that shit is brilliant. That is why he is a slave. Like you. And that's what Nazis want: slaves.

So ask yourself right now what yo want to do with your life:

Continue to be a slave to Nazi corporate interest

or

Fucking think for yourself

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't understand. You live next to the most polluted lake in your shitty red state which has more carcinogens floating in it than a flea would have in smoking 100,000 cartons of cigarettes a day and your concerned over some dinosaur's comments on GMO's?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Ha! You posted that after the fact. Besides, isn't it bitching that you anti-vaxxers fucking hate academia much less any science that displays truth and not some Alex Jone$ "we're all going to die" mumbo-jumbo? You're another right-wing whipped puppy. You complain complain and complain because instead of doing anything pro-active against this fucking virus you want others to kiss your F A T ass and work for you as they endanger their own lives. When they don't you cry foul or worse "hoax" all because you can't go to a hardware store and get yourself a fucking light bulb. You can't fool me. You're a Fox Spews watching addict. Your post reflect it.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Elk meat does sound like it could be delicious though, if properly prepared...
    More than likely Joey Blowy blowing Suckify eats venison which is fucking gross.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    your concerned
    There's that killer intellect again.

Keep tryin', honey.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now listen to this dumb limey motherfucker here. No question he is pure filth. Katy bought him a two million dollar home in L.A. and he still won't shut the fuck up much less know what a bar of soap is. What he is saying is the typical Nazi shit BUT he does attack Young's hypocrisy while blowing Amazon for their "Hi-Res Audio" which is nothing more than a marketing term. By the way, it's "Tidal" and "MQA" who stream true "Hi-Res Audio" which is really digital upsampling which is noise. But do you see how they are all the same? It's all about who you can con, who you can bullshit. I wonder if there is a way to deport this limey piece of shit. He's a danger to America:

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's that killer intellect again.

Keep tryin', honey.
    Blow me, dufus dinosaur obsesser. Let me know when those cancers starting attacking your body due to your outings on Lake Dreary. Usually starts in the brain (which you lack so no worries there) then spreads throughout the nervous system to the skeletal system then the organs. Seems there is a high correlation of cancer and those who live near that fucking lake. It's a PDF file so I'm not going to post it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is that a Johns Hopkins study?

Run it by Rogan, see what he thinks!

Thread Information