X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The planet is fine. The people are fucked. The planet will outlast us. Maybe we are part of some weird cycle. Maybe the earth needed plastic and it will incorporate it into itself to get to the next stage of evolution. Ha! Ha!
    Fucking stupid comment. We all know the planet will still be here, humans being on it is kind of important to the humans. When people say we are fucking up the planet that is shorthand for we are fucking up the planet for human habitation because that's kind of a pain in the ass to say each time. Also saying you are sick of experts is the kind of non thinking that is wrong with some people these days. Next time you have a health problem go and get a homeless person with a spoon and see if he is better at helping you than someone who has trained for 20 years. The thing about experts is that they know how little and how much they know - you don't.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Amazon is a huge area. I’m sure the soil differs in different parts of it. I can tell you one thing. The scientists will be amazed at what that area does because nature is quite un predictable. I get a bit tired of hearing all these experts sound like they know the answers to everything.

This planet is a dynamic complicated place. We actually understand very little about it and we are a corrupt species by nature. Look at our history. Most of our technological breakthroughs have been the result of trying to win wars. So far we have not started a thermal nuclear war. I guess we haven’t found the right crazy person yet.

The planet is fine. The people are fucked. The planet will outlast us. Maybe we are part of some weird cycle. Maybe the earth needed plastic and it will incorporate it into itself to get to the next stage of evolution. Ha! Ha!
      Talks out of ass from Jacksons Hole...
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-05-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Fucking stupid comment. We all know the planet will still be here, humans being on it is kind of important to the humans. When people say we are fucking up the planet that is shorthand for we are fucking up the planet for human habitation because that's kind of a pain in the ass to say each time. Also saying you are sick of experts is the kind of non thinking that is wrong with some people these days. Next time you have a health problem go and get a homeless person with a spoon and see if he is better at helping you than someone who has trained for 20 years. The thing about experts is that they know how little and how much they know - you don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
        Worrying about problems and world events and the stress of doing so will kill you sooner than some major disaster will. You can’t do shit about the Amazon. Go ahead and have a tizzy over it.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Talks out of ass from Jacksons Hole...

You can’t do anything either. If you can turn that outdated port in the snow belt called Buffalo, New York around I will be impressed. Let’s see where you are in five years.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yes we do. Not electing fucktards like Drumpf is the first step. But there is mounting pressure on Brazil which is why they at least made a show of deploying their military...
            Do you really believe that you can connect the dots from electing a person to a political office in the US to significantly changing human activity in the Amazon... that's a hell of a leap or one great hallucination!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Do you really believe that you can connect the dots from electing a person to a political office in the US to significantly changing human activity in the Amazon... that's a hell of a leap or one great hallucination!
              Yeah, its fucking something called policies. I mean, really? Do I have to explain civics to an old man?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You can’t do anything either. If you can turn that outdated port in the snow belt called Buffalo, New York around I will be impressed. Let’s see where you are in five years.
                It's already turning around numbnuts, unlike that cultural wasteland you live in. The waterfront is blowing up and we're one of the largest destinations for college educated millennials..

Here's a primer from two years ago that's already outdated: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...elt-resurgence

And I think you're beating us in snowfall right now. It'll be a month before I even bother to put the tires on my car...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-30-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

It's already turning around numbnuts, unlike that cultural wasteland you live in. The waterfront is blowing up and we're one of the largest destinations for college educated millennials..

Here's a primer from two years ago that's already outdated: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/article...elt-resurgence

And I think you're beating us in snowfall right now. It'll be a month before I even bother to put the tires on my car...
                  Ahem. We are a ski resort. Let it snow!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ahem. We are a ski resort. Let it snow!
                    There's nothing wrong with that! Let it snow indeed. (but fuck only from Christmas to January 15th)...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I wouldn’t call a bunch of young people with gobs of student loan debt buying cheap subsidized housing a turn around. Neither is selling microbrews on the water front. Let’s see where it is in five to ten years.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I wouldn’t call a bunch of young people with gobs of student loan debt buying cheap subsidized housing a turn around. Neither is selling microbrews on the water front. Let’s see where it is in five to ten years.
                        It's not "subsidized housing" dummy. The real estate market here has skyrocketed in the last ten years and most of the city is gentrifying. The arguments are other other way, that like a mini-San Francisco, the poor will be pushed out but that's not an issue for at least another 10 years, when the East Side will be pushed into and bought up. And selling microbrews is great everywhere....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

There are government subsidies available to buy homes in certain parts of Buffalo. The millennials are buying there because it’s cheap. College graduated millennials have a lot of debt and millennials in general are cash poor.

So to turn Buffalo around you have to replace the industries that were lost. Elon Musk built a large plant there but we will see where that goes. If all those move ins can start and run productive businesses then great but it will take ten years to see how that is going.

Meanwhile the economic engine of the US has migrated down south. People are leaving New York because of high taxes and over regulation. You have businesses leaving California as well.

New York really isn’t the go to place for anything anymore. It’s a has been. Buffalo’s hey day was 100 years ago.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You may say that but New York is still first or second highest state for GDP per capita.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There are government subsidies available to buy homes in certain parts of Buffalo. The millennials are buying there because it’s cheap. College graduated millennials have a lot of debt and millennials in general are cash poor.
                              Based on what? Where? What are the statistics?

So to turn Buffalo around you have to replace the industries that were lost. Elon Musk built a large plant there but we will see where that goes. If all those move ins can start and run productive businesses then great but it will take ten years to see how that is going.
                              No, you don't. Elon Musk didn't build anything, he inherited the plant from taking over Solar City after they got massive subsidies to build a plant and bring high wage jobs in, which is mixed and uncertain at best. Buffalo's future is as a medical and technology corridor, and as a university/research town. Technology is how you build now, not by trying to recreate the past. Although industries are moving back slowly, because you have a motivated, relatively educated workforce with a work ethic...

Meanwhile the economic engine of the US has migrated down south. People are leaving New York because of high taxes and over regulation. You have businesses leaving California as well.
                              Largely an outdated myth from the 70's-90's. Some-places have low taxes, but the shitty infrastructure that comes with it...

New York really isn’t the go to place for anything anymore. It’s a has been. Buffalo’s hey day was 100 years ago.
                              Yeah, I guess we'll take our massive infusion of cash to the economy and red state welfare states and go home now...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                You may say that but New York is still first or second highest state for GDP per capita.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...GDP_per_capita
                                And Cali is the other one, but people like Nitrous oxide won't let facts stop them!

Comment

Working...