X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And he didn't go JW until 2002, but he did drop the profanity before that. Wouldn't sing Darling Nikki any more, he let the audience sing the first verse and then cut us off, and went to another song.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Granted, some of his assholeness resulted from being royalty fucked over by his contract with Warner Brothers but instead of being a man about it his painted "SLAVE" on his face and sulked into victimhood. I had zero respect for the guy after that.
    "Slave" started around 1992. Wouldn't you have been around six to ten years old then?
    Last edited by twonabomber; 04-26-2016, 02:54 AM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      Mostly, I feel sorry that on this website that is dedicated to the performer of the late 70s/early 80s Prince, one of the (undeniably true) artists who most get me bored, gets so much praise, may he be dead or not.
      It's not like it's in Main. And knowing that DLR is into old R&B and what he calls "floor," you're surprised that VH fans may be into something else?

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      Damned... How hard you had to prick up your ears to that music to get why some would wriggle their asses... Sorry but I don't get it.
      What's to get? It's not trigonometry, it's music. You got it enough to come in here and bitch...
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Make Kristy's Pussy Stretch!

We don't know what to do or say:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-26-2016, 06:00 AM.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
          It's not like it's in Main. And knowing that DLR is into old R&B and what he calls "floor," you're surprised that VH fans may be into something else?
          Worth pointing out that in Roth's short radio career he only ever did one or two album reviews but he did do a song by song review of '3121', probably not Prince's greatest by a stretch. He pointed out weaknesses but he was clearly a fan and had followed the tiny purple person's career.

Dave also dated the girl from Purple Rain and an ex of Prince, Apollonia Kotero.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            "Slave" started around 1992. Wouldn't you have been around six to ten years old then?
            How is that relevant to anything?

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Think he was trying to get you to shut the fuck up , I say trying I mean hoping
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You were likely losing pieces of Barbie's wardrobe at that age and not respect for someone.

Just proving you're a shitty troll.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Think he was trying to get you to shut the fuck up , I say trying I mean hoping
                  and this, too.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Worth pointing out that in Roth's short radio career he only ever did one or two album reviews but he did do a song by song review of '3121', probably not Prince's greatest by a stretch. He pointed out weaknesses but he was clearly a fan and had followed the tiny purple person's career.

Dave also dated the girl from Purple Rain and an ex of Prince, Apollonia Kotero.

I can listen to 3121 all the way through. Musicology, too. Can't say that about a lot of the later albums.
                    Last edited by twonabomber; 04-26-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh Jesus fucking Christ, do I have to explain everything? Prince was an asshole. Bottom line. In his case, this always wasn't a bad thing seeing as he wanted to self-produce and have complete "artistic control" over every little shit he dropped on wax. Problem was, he was an asshole to his fellow bands mates, girlfriends/wives and most of all his fans. Prince had a reputation of acting like a punk-ass bitch his his fan base and alienating them. I found it so surprising why so many are calling him a "genius" when he was the most ungratuitous cocksucker on the planet. Granted, some of his assholeness resulted from being royalty fucked over by his contract with Warner Brothers but instead of being a man about it his painted "SLAVE" on his face and sulked into victimhood. I had zero respect for the guy after that. His ego was just as irksome. I didn't mind his stage flamboyance for that's what made Prince, Prince. Yet he continued to shit on his fans by threatening them with ridiculous lawsuits on anyone who dared to show a "unofficial" vid of him on JewTube. He actually took some cases to court that made that fucking moron from Metallica look like a nice guy.

His "music" after the Warners fallout was at best, fucking abominable. No doubt, he had suits behind him pulling strings whether he would ever admit to it or not but now he just had himself and his cock to write and sing about. Boring. People grew tired of the persona that was Prince and followed him more in the way of a parody of Prince - like how Springsteen does with himself these days. 'Face Down' was the god damn pinnacle of his ego/victimhood assholeness.

By now you can see Prince was believing his own bullshit, comparing himself to Elvis and what is up with the language - wasn't that alone against his Jehovah principles? Fucking hypocrite. Like I said, I'm glad he's gone.
                      Just shitting out of your mouth, and onto the posting field...

Yeah, horrible to his fans. Like those free after hours shows at local bars after his concerts where he often played for hours...
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

According to his sister, Prince left no will...

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          According to his sister, Prince left no will...
                          More poor business sense. That's going to be a mess.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Great Jehova's Purple Balls! Are you kidding me?? After all that dragonshit with Warner Brothers, he didn't write a fucking will??

It's my understanding that the sister is his only full blood relative, but there are half siblings from both mommy & daddy's sides of the family tree.

So who gets to be Janie and who gets fucked over like Leon this time around?
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And from what I'm reading, Minnesota law says half siblings are entitled to a cut. There are six surviving siblings.

Beyond that, not much is known. Supposedly Paisley Park owns all the assets, and Prince is listed as president and/or majority shareholder.

Anyone who thinks it gets bad on this site should check out the forums at prince dot org. It's a fucking mess. All kinds of crazy theories and opinions. Makes us look normal.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sirius has made channel 50, The Groove, the Prince tribute channel. Originally said it was going through the weekend, but it's still on. They're not really playing anything I don't already have but they're mixing it up pretty good. Early Friday morning they ran the whole second disc of One Nite Alone Live. Playing a lot of the B sides and long versions too, just had Shockadelica and now the long version of Kiss. Sheila E., but oddly enough, The Time has been left out. I'll spin them later.

And reading the tributes and comments on various sites, you can tell who has been a fan since the beginning and who came in late.

Sheila E. has hinted that she was put in charge of the musical tribute show. Sounds like she's aiming to have it at the new stadium where the Vikings will play.
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 04-26-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...