Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I actually like the hybrid site better than the newer version...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Why can't you guys put it back with the old colour scheme?

It was easy in the eyes & looked damn cool.

The new new site was kinda cool, but it had too much shit in it.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
        Why can't you guys put it back with the old colour scheme?

It was easy in the eyes & looked damn cool.

The new new site was kinda cool, but it had too much shit in it.

What can I say...we like change...

With that said, IMO...the Red and Black attack...and...the second incarnation of the black and gray site were both the quintessential site skins...

Not that I don't like the new...especially coming off the purple gayness...but IMO...it's not as good as the heydey...of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...
          Ah. Yes, well... all right, then.

Guess I'll have to take care of these meself.

Come along, girls. Don't take it personal.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            What can I say...we like change...

With that said, IMO...the Red and Black attack...and...the second incarnation of the black and gray site were both the quintessential site skins...

Not that I don't like the new...especially coming off the purple gayness...but IMO...it's not as good as the heydey...of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...
            I myself prefer the old school gray background with yellow lettering we had before the site crash...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice work... it's not the fastest board on the net, but it's near normal performance now.

Next go round... just avoid engaging the San Francisco - Queer Eye for the Board Design guy and we can avoid all this mess.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

If you have a problem with Mez take it PM please, he worked very hard on regaining respect and I doubt server issues had anything to do with him.

He just coordinated the impossible, and that should earn our respect. He's not a DBA.
                Last edited by GAR; 10-29-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  If you have a problem with Mez take it PM please, he worked very hard on regaining respect and I doubt server issues had anything to do with him.

He just coordinated the impossible, and that should earn our respect. He's not a DBA.
                  Only you would demand appreciation for another loser's failure...

coordinated the impossible
                  Right... he's somehow been successful in persuading Sarge that he's a value add to this online community. Yet the only results in improving this site have been a significant loss of content in a failed attempt to improve performance... a caustic attitude toward the members and long time leadership of this board that's done more to drive away membership than attract it. Now add a failed upgrade... sorry... but in good business you don't hire the CEO who previously tanked your business and naively expect better results.

Harsh... probably, but it's my candid observation. Take it, leave it or tell me to fuck off. Don't change my opinion.

There's one attribute that you hold over Mezro, Gar. You only trump him in the consistent degradation department over a long haul... But at least he's polite enough to leave the site for extended periods...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Mezro's funny. What do you bring to the table, Margaret?

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                      Mezro's funny. What do you bring to the table, Margaret?
                      First, you are NOT at this table. You're at the feet of the table looking up with begging eyes. The only attention you get is a kick in the chin now & again, yet you keep coming back.

Second, ORZEM already dispelled the myth that he's gay, so you're wasting your time.

Comment

• Mezro
                        Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        Right... he's somehow been successful in persuading Sarge that he's a value add to this online community. Yet the only results in improving this site have been a significant loss of content in a failed attempt to improve performance... a caustic attitude toward the members and long time leadership of this board that's done more to drive away membership than attract it. Now add a failed upgrade... sorry... but in good business you don't hire the CEO who previously tanked your business and naively expect better results.

Harsh... probably, but it's my candid observation. Take it, leave it or tell me to fuck off. Don't change my opinion.

There's one attribute that you hold over Mezro, Gar. You only trump him in the consistent degradation department over a long haul... But at least he's polite enough to leave the site for extended periods...
                        I respect your opinion ZahZoo, but I am not really sure how a server/bandwidth issue equates the new design being a failure. It was up and running for 6/7 weeks. I did suggest when it was launched that a vBulletin upgrade be installed to help with performance issues. Not sure if that was done. Unfortunately, there were many issues with this site before the new design and vBulletin isn't exactly the most stable thing on the planet. Sarge emailed me a few days ago and plans on sorting out the server problem and turning back on the new design. When he plans on doing that, I have no clue and plans can change. I am sure he will pop up and tell you guys what he is going to do.

Mezro...as for your personal issues with me, I sent you a message if you are interested in resolving them...
                        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Thread Information